Author Topic: So Called Orthodox Jew Stabs 6 at parade in Jerusalem  (Read 33341 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: So Called Orthodox Jew Stabs 6 at parade in Jerusalem
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2015, 09:55:33 PM »
In the days of Moshiach ANY jew who does the G**  act will be killed by Bais Din .
your mishna has no relevance to this at all.
Please ask your Rabbi to show you the relevant Rambam.
you can also look in a english siddur in the Shmoneh Esray at the blessing for restoring our judicial system.

You made a statement, post your sources publicly.

Either way, I don't think we're waiting for the same Moshiach, mine isn't coming to kill anyone, he's coming to abolish death.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2015, 10:06:33 PM »

Either way, I don't think we're waiting for the same Moshiach, mine isn't coming to kill anyone, he's coming to abolish death.
Death is caused by sin. Mashiach will eradicate death by eradicating sin. Either way, he will kill the wicked first.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2015, 11:09:13 PM »

I'm not sure we got the same guy then. The Halacha, as paskened by the Rambam and agreed by most rishonim, is that "there is no difference between this world and the days of Moshiach other than our subservience to other nations"-meaning that everything, including poverty and social injustices will remain the same (this point is stated explicitly), and that the only difference will be that we will be living under Moshiach the king in a land ruled by Halacha and not by non Jews. Furthermore, the Rambam states clearly that moshiach wll have children and die and someone from his family will succeed him. You are probably confusing Moshiach with the term "olam habah" which is not the same thing.

Offline ganizzy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2015, 11:20:02 PM »
Capitol punishment needs warnings and witnesses.
when moshiach comes those that sinned in the past will not be killed automatically. 
 when moshiach comes there will be a revalation of the shechina. It will be easier to choose Between good and bad,  wrong and right then.  So chances are people won't continue those sins

Offline gavhaller

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase Visa Supreme, Avis Cadillac, Hyatt Vacation Club Owner, Disney Annual-Pass Holder, BA Avios Executive Corporate Shareholder VIP, Citi Platinum Status, Owner Of DFS - Discover Financial Services
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2015, 11:49:12 PM »
I really just can't believe what I'm reading both here and YWN.  I spent the entire day of T'sha Ba'av fasting and saying kinnos for our sins of the past related to sinat chinam. I kept reliving the past year and tried to think of instances in which I may have judged someone unfavorably or used/felt hatred towards another jew. I felt compelled to tell myself that this coming year will be a better one.

What has happened to us? To me? To you? We have been the most tortured and silenced nation across the globe- and when it comes to showing compassion for humans who are dealing with difficulties, we show no mercy. H-shem should show the same compassion to you as will be given to this sick, sick, man who doesnt even deserve to be called by his so called orthodox name.
And for those of you that say he was trying to do a noble thing and that his intentions were pure, you are seriously deranged. I have a friend who doesn't keep kosher. So am I justified in saying he deserved to die of cancer at a young age. Did he deserve to have his family watch him suffer for years, in and out of the hospital, as he could barely gasp for a breath of fresh air?
A persons punishment is not up to you, or to.anybody else. It is up to H-shem. We dont have the right to act in that capacity. And for a good reason too. Look what happens. We desecrate H-shems name while doing in hashems name. Ironic, no?
Think.about that the next time your OTD child grabs something not kosher. Think about your capacity as a ruthless human being- and throw him/her out on the street, because thats where they belong.

Another side point before I end my rant- several of my friends were at the parade in order support a friend of theirs who is struggling through this instance. They weren't gay. They were showing love and respect for a fellow jew. So, not all people there were "mishkav zachor" and not all people needed to be rectified. And even so, where is the favorable judgement that we all seek? How do you know that each person is committing a violation of the torah?

For those of you that cant see through your obstinate ways, I hope that you are challeneged in a capacity such as this, to show compassion and understanding for those who are not like yourselves.

That knife? The one that stabbed 6 jewish people today? The entire world is prepared to slay us in the same manner. So just think for a second what your hatred breeds and how you influence actions such as these.

I feel remorse for klal yisrael. What a busha today was.
I really have no other words.

Offline gavhaller

• View Profile
  • Programs: Chase Visa Supreme, Avis Cadillac, Hyatt Vacation Club Owner, Disney Annual-Pass Holder, BA Avios Executive Corporate Shareholder VIP, Citi Platinum Status, Owner Of DFS - Discover Financial Services
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2015, 11:54:37 PM »
The people at this parade were all jewish. And many of them consider themselves orthodox, and that is orthodox going to a gay rights parade? And priding yourself in being gay. When the midrash in bireishes says that the reason sidom was destroyed is because they were gay. Not because they stole or killed, only for being gay so clearly gay is far more serious an issue then it seems

And like, I just don't get it. Are you an imbecile? There is no problem according to Halacha with being gay. The issue is doing the act.

Oh. And it was a gay PRIDE parade. Not a rights parade. That was last years.

Get your facts straight.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:58:09 PM by gavhaller »

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2015, 11:55:09 PM »
Capitol punishment needs warnings and witnesses.
when moshiach comes those that sinned in the past will not be killed automatically. 
 when moshiach comes there will be a revalation of the shechina. It will be easier to choose Between good and bad,  wrong and right then.  So chances are people won't continue those sins
Capitol punishment is sitting through a session in Congress Capital punishment needs what you said. ::)
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Centro

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2015, 11:58:20 PM »
I really just can't believe what I'm reading both here and YWN.  I spent the entire day of T'sha Ba'av fasting and saying kinnos for our sins of the past related to sinat chinam. I kept reliving the past year and tried to think of instances in which I may have judged someone unfavorably or used/felt hatred towards another jew. I felt compelled to tell myself that this coming year will be a better one.

What has happened to us? To me? To you? We have been the most tortured and silenced nation across the globe- and when it comes to showing compassion for humans who are dealing with difficulties, we show no mercy. H-shem should show the same compassion to you as will be given to this sick, sick, man who doesnt even deserve to be called by his so called orthodox name.
And for those of you that say he was trying to do a noble thing and that his intentions were pure, you are seriously deranged. I have a friend who doesn't keep kosher. So am I justified in saying he deserved to die of cancer at a young age. Did he deserve to have his family watch him suffer for years, in and out of the hospital, as he could barely gasp for a breath of fresh air?
A persons punishment is not up to you, or to.anybody else. It is up to H-shem. We dont have the right to act in that capacity. And for a good reason too. Look what happens. We desecrate H-shems name while doing in hashems name. Ironic, no?
Think.about that the next time your OTD child grabs something not kosher. Think about your capacity as a ruthless human being- and throw him/her out on the street, because thats where they belong.

Another side point before I end my rant- several of my friends were at the parade in order support a friend of theirs who is struggling through this instance. They weren't gay. They were showing love and respect for a fellow jew. So, not all people there were "mishkav zachor" and not all people needed to be rectified. And even so, where is the favorable judgement that we all seek? How do you know that each person is committing a violation of the torah?

For those of you that cant see through your obstinate ways, I hope that you are challeneged in a capacity such as this, to show compassion and understanding for those who are not like yourselves.

That knife? The one that stabbed 6 jewish people today? The entire world is prepared to slay us in the same manner. So just think for a second what your hatred breeds and how you influence actions such as these.

I guess you are not shedding any tears and doesn't bother you a bit what these שקצים do and how people support them....

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2015, 11:58:34 PM »
@gavhaller responding to all your comments will take too long and so I'll respond only to the beginning. Firstly, though everyone goes around quoting how the second bais hamikdash was destroyed from sinas chinam, most conveniently forget to mention the destruction of the first bayis, which was from the 3 cardinal sins, one of which gay marriage falls under.
Second, hating someone who publicly flaunts and supports what the torah calls an abomination (in eretz yisrael, in yerushalayim!!!!) is not only ok but in fact praiseworthy. Tolerance has its limits, and the desecration of Hashem's commandments is where it ends. It is exactly thinking like that that led to the destruction of the first bayis-people who violated the torah and nobody protested, as Yirmiya attests to. I'm sure back then they had the same excuses-"tolerance", "inclusion" etc, but that doesn't fly in the way of Hashem's mitzvos. Sorry, it just doesn't.
And like, I just don't get it. Are you an imbecile? There is no problem according to Halacha with being gay. The issue is doing the act.

Oh. And it was a gay PRIDE parade. Not a rights parade. That was last years.

Get your facts straight.
There's plenty problem with a public flaunting of this severe aveirah in Hashem's holy city. If you don't realize that you need to recalibrate your sensitivities toward what God considers disgusting.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2015, 12:30:07 AM »
The way this thread is going I will not know if we are talking about the Torah or the Quran.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Centro

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2015, 12:42:31 AM »
The way this thread is going I will not know if we are talking about the Torah or the Quran.
There's a saying in Yiddish;
גיי לערן מיט א גוי ברטנורה....

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2015, 12:48:33 AM »
...and in English what would they be saying?  :)

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2015, 12:52:32 AM »
Yigal Amir did not kill Yitzhak Rabin
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2015, 12:58:36 AM »
Yigal Amir did not kill Yitzhak Rabin
?

Offline avremie

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2015, 01:08:22 AM »
The way I heard it גיי זיי מסביר א גוי וואס איז א סנדק

Offline avremie

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2015, 01:09:12 AM »

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2015, 01:20:11 AM »
He thinks it was Lee Harvey Oswald.
It was the shin bet obviously
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Hershelsdeals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2015, 01:53:43 AM »
...and in English what would they be saying?  :)

Literal translation: Study with a gentile Bartenurah. Now GIYF " Bartenurah", and good luck

If you figure it out you'll get a prize

Offline yhaller14

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Sixt plat, national ee, united 1k, hertz pc,
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2015, 03:05:11 AM »

If you think that there's no problem with the parade and your saying that this guy isn't orthodox, we'll I've got some news your orthodoxy is definitely questionable if you could say those things and mean it.
"In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take"

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2015, 03:10:36 AM »
Someone being mechalel hashem berabim is muttar lehatzilo benafsho.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ