Author Topic: So Called Orthodox Jew Stabs 6 at parade in Jerusalem  (Read 32921 times)

Offline yhaller14

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Sixt plat, national ee, united 1k, hertz pc,
Re: So Called Orthodox Jew Stabs 6 at parade in Jerusalem
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2015, 09:55:21 AM »
In life there's a wrong and a right does not   make a difference what anybody says or thinks. You need to what's right and that's the point of being on this world, so who cares what anybody thinks or says it's either right or wrong
"In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take"

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2015, 10:01:31 AM »
My memory is a little hazy, can someone please remind me how many times אברהם prayed for the destruction of Sedom?
And if only Yonah had stabbed some people in Ninveh ::)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2015, 10:04:04 AM »
Even if I would see someone in the act... and shoot them dead , as THE HALACHA SANCTIONS,
YOU , would call me vile , disgusting, etc..
you call people vile, etc, because its Not American to be passionate for Gd
Guess we have found aj3042s twin.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2015, 10:04:55 AM »
Wow I can't believe this is still an argument yes the gay parade is wrong and a terrible thing but is that the way we frum Jews act  whether it's a CH or not is that what we need now for the world to look at us and say look at the Jews what terrible people they are let us live like we are supposed to so mashiach can come and this and all bad will be removed from the world

Have you ever heard of punctuation?

Offline Aj3042

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2015, 10:05:25 AM »
Yes, it evolves. Take one example, religious education for girls.
Chas V'Shalom it does not evolve that's an extremely warped thing to see. It changes somewhat in the parameters of Halacha but never goes beyond that. And your example of girls education is exactly that-something that wasn't traditional yet if done in the right way and with certain boundaries isn't against Halacha.

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2015, 10:07:38 AM »
In life there's a wrong and a right does not   make a difference what anybody says or thinks. You need to what's right and that's the point of being on this world, so who cares what anybody thinks or says it's either right or wrong
That's where you go wrong yes you have to do what's right but is it right to stab people

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2015, 10:09:36 AM »
Guess we have found aj3042s twin.
Well he happens to be right about what he just quoted. I'm sure most people here would've lashed out against pinchas as well. After all, what he did was pretty violent and disgusting if you know the specifics. It does say "shvatim mevazin oso" right? Seems like we've found your twins-there were thousands of them and they were the ones mocking pinchas.

Offline stbaum

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2015, 10:10:38 AM »
i don't understand why people can't just go about their own lives and do as they see fit and leave the judging to our one and only heavenly Father. unless you are a part of Beis Din and there is a case in front of you that needs you to judge, please shut up. who the hell do you think you are that you take God's word (and interpretations) into your own hands? are we living in the times of the Beit Hamikdash? are you the judge and the jury to boot?!
My greatest achievement? I am fluent in FRIENDS quotes

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2015, 10:12:21 AM »
Well he happens to be right about what he just quoted. I'm sure most people here would've lashed out against pinchas as well. After all, what he did was pretty violent and disgusting if you know the specifics. It does say "shvatim mevazin oso" right? Seems like we've found your twins-there were thousands of them and they were the ones mocking pinchas.
Gosh how can you compare some crazy murderer to pinchas

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2015, 10:14:43 AM »
And you sir would be the one mocking Avrohom, Aharon, and Yonah for their "naivete" in thinking there's a better way then violence to protect the Gds honor.

Offline yhaller14

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Sixt plat, national ee, united 1k, hertz pc,
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2015, 10:14:50 AM »
That's where you go wrong yes you have to do what's right but is it right to stab people
Obviously not. That wasn't my point, u said that ,no what we need now for the world to look at us and say look at the Jews what terrible people they are let us live like we are supposed to. So I was saying that does not make a difference, obviously murder is bad
"In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take"

Offline Menachem613

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2015, 10:18:10 AM »
There is no question in my mind that the Rebbe would've been horrified by the stabbing.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2015, 10:20:45 AM »
Have you ever heard of punctuation?
I'm sorry, will try to be more careful.

Offline stbaum

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2015, 10:22:36 AM »
I'm sorry, I will try to be more careful.

ftfy
My greatest achievement? I am fluent in FRIENDS quotes

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2015, 10:25:08 AM »
There is no question in my mind that the Rebbe would've been horrified by the stabbing.
Any sane person should be horrified. Just as any sane person is horrified by ISIS and yet the doodle's and aj3042s of Islam say that it's just the Americans and the weak that are horrified by violence in Gds name.

Do we want gentiles to start stabbing jews for the "crazy" stuff we do? This is one heck of a slippery slope.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2015, 10:26:08 AM »
Gosh how can you compare some crazy murderer to pinchas
I'm making a point unrelated to this stabber-that judging based on people's abhorrence to any and all violence they would've strongly objected to Pinchas.
And you sir would be the one mocking Avrohom, Aharon, and Yonah for their "naivete" in thinking there's a better way then violence to protect the Gds honor.
Ludicrous. Obviously Judaism isn't a religion where violence is the answer to everything but it is the answer to some things whether your American conscience is comfortable with it or not. Numerous aveiros in the Torah are punishable by grisly deaths. Bais Din wound sometimes kill and give malkus even when not specifically sanctioned by the Torah (such as no hasraah). Amalek was killed, everyone from man to child. Did you ever read the parts of Nach where David Hamelech dealt with his enemies the Plishtim and how he slaughtered them in revenge for killing his family (yes you read that right-the great David Hamelech committed a bloody act of revenge). Do you know the Tshuvos Harosh in which he discusses a town in Spain in his time that used to cut off the hands of thieves and murderers and he permits it? So don't start telling me about Avraham and Yonah. Your ignorance of the violence in the Torah doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Judaism is only about peace and getting along all the time.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2015, 10:26:27 AM »
i don't understand why people can't just go about their own lives and do as they see fit and leave the judging to our one and only heavenly Father. unless you are a part of Beis Din and there is a case in front of you that needs you to judge, please shut up. who the hell do you think you are that you take God's word (and interpretations) into your own hands? are we living in the times of the Beit Hamikdash? are you the judge and the jury to boot?!
Far easier to judge others than to fix the issues within.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2015, 10:28:55 AM »
I'm making a point unrelated to this stabber-that judging based on people's abhorrence to any and all violence they would've strongly objected to Pinchas.Ludicrous. Obviously Judaism isn't a religion where violence is the answer to everything but it is the answer to some things whether your American conscience is comfortable with it or not. Numerous aveiros in the Torah are punishable by grisly deaths. Bais Din wound sometimes kill and give malkus even when not specifically sanctioned by the Torah (such as no hasraah). Amalek was killed, everyone from man to child. Did you ever read the parts of Nach where David Hamelech dealt with his enemies the Plishtim and how he slaughtered them in revenge for killing his family (yes you read that right-the great David Hamelech committed a bloody act of revenge). Do you know the Tshuvos Harosh in Erich he discusses a town in Spain in his time that used to cut off the hands of thieves and murderers and he permits it? So don't start telling me about Avraham and Yonah. Your ignorance of the violence in the Torah doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Judaism is only about peace and getting along all the time.

My memory is a little hazy. Can someone please remind me how capital punishments in 70 years earns a beis din the title of a murdering court?

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2015, 10:30:12 AM »
Another extremely American sentiment. Don't judge? Where in the world did you get such an idea from? Where does the Torah say that if someone publicly flaunts an issur that you "should t judge". That's an exceptionally transparent American feeling, a byproduct of "live and let live", also foreign to the Torah.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2015, 10:33:27 AM »
My memory is a little hazy. Can someone please remind me how capital punishments in 70 years earns a beis din the title of a murdering court?
I figured you'd answer that. That's due to matters of technicality (from a passuk that says we should try to save him) and does not reflect at all on the fact that these are sins which are punishable by death. Besides, you only answered one point of many so you have lots more work to do. Tell me, as a Jew in the modern world, how are you comfortable with the killing of Amalek (which is genocide in today's terminology).