Author Topic: So Called Orthodox Jew Stabs 6 at parade in Jerusalem  (Read 32932 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: So Called Orthodox Jew Stabs 6 at parade in Jerusalem
« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2015, 10:33:43 AM »
Another extremely American sentiment. Don't judge? Where in the world did you get such an idea from? Where does the Torah say that if someone publicly flaunts an issur that you "should t judge". That's an exceptionally transparent American feeling, a byproduct of "live and let live", also foreign to the Torah.
Still waiting for an answer about Avrohom by the way.  Seems like you must see him as a terrible person for praying for the homosexuals to be spared from punishment rather than punish them with his own two hands.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2015, 10:34:31 AM »
Still waiting for an answer about Avrohom by the way.  Seems like you must see him as a terrible person for praying for the homosexuals to be spared from punishment rather than punish them with his own two hands.

They were the original Sodomites :D
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline beeweegee

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2015, 10:35:45 AM »
Another extremely American sentiment. Don't judge? Where in the world did you get such an idea from? Where does the Torah say that if someone publicly flaunts an issur that you "should t judge". That's an exceptionally transparent American feeling, a byproduct of "live and let live", also foreign to the Torah.
Direct question: Do you feel that what this man did was proper and justified?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2015, 10:36:27 AM »
Tell me, as a Jew in the modern world, how are you comfortable with the killing of Amalek (which is genocide in today's terminology).
The same Gd that doesn't give anyone the right in galus to mete out punishments for bein adom l'makom will answer that when moshiach comes.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2015, 10:37:44 AM »
They were the original Sodomites :D
Not just the originals, we're talking about people that would sodomize anyone who visited their town.  And yet none other than the founder of Judaism showed compassion.

But aj3042 and doodle know better, don't worry.  A girl who may have been gay (never mind that the torah doesn't say anything about a punishment for her being gay) deserves the death penalty in their warped religion that I want no part of.

Offline Aj3042

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2015, 10:38:04 AM »
It's a question and many of the meforshim discuss it. At its worst though, it's a philosophical question about a past event, not a halacha telling us what to do now. The Torah prescribes how to deal with certain sins through the court system. That description is often quite violent as proven. So, now you have a question with Avraham? Look it up and find the answers. That doesn't change the set of Halachos we were given over telling us how we should deal with.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2015, 10:41:06 AM »
Direct question: Do you feel that what this man did was proper and justified?
I think I've answered that numerous times if you look back. I feel both did wrong things though the paraders did a worse thing because they publicly flaunted hashem's word in yerushalayim itself while the actions of one deranged man are exactly that-the actions of one deranged man. So I'm going to spend more time condemning the paraders than the individual.

Offline Menachem613

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2015, 10:42:35 AM »

I think I've answered that numerous times if you look back. I feel both did wrong things though the paraders did a worse thing because they publicly flaunted hashem's word in yerushalayim itself while the actions of one deranged man are exactly that-the actions of one deranged man. So I'm going to spend more time condemning the paraders than the individual.

Serious question. If ISIS were Jewish and were enforcing the Torah, would you have a problem with them?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2015, 10:44:16 AM »
It's a question and many of the meforshim discuss it. At its worst though, it's a philosophical question about a past event, not a halacha telling us what to do now. The Torah prescribes how to deal with certain sins through the court system. That description is often quite violent as proven. So, now you have a question with Avraham? Look it up and find the answers. That doesn't change the set of Halachos we were given over telling us how we should deal with.
So violent that 1 capital punishment in 70 years is considered a murdering court...

Halachos? Did someone forget to let me know that Sanhedrin was being relaunched? Were you nominated as its head?

Have you spent a day in your life trying to be a little more like Aharon HaKohen? Ohev es habrios um'karvan laTorah. Try it on for size. Because your religion doesn't seem to have time for such role models. The whole Berieishis and first half of Shmos must be a waste of time for you. Nothing we can learn from such violators of halacha.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2015, 10:45:10 AM »
Actually the vast majority of your posts here have been justifying the murderer.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2015, 10:46:31 AM »
Actually the vast majority of your posts here have been justifying the murderer.
Actually they haven't.

Offline chaimmayer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2015, 10:47:08 AM »
Any sane person should be horrified.
Has anyone. Publicly said that what he did was not wrong?  I. Know there are definitely people waiting to see an official condemnation from the chareidi camp.  I know there is no official spokesman but people get a kol korei written for far stupider causes.  It would help to lessen the chilllul HaShem.

Someone wrote something along the lines of
״מחלל שמים כזמרי וחושב שקידש שם שמים כפינחס״

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2015, 10:50:33 AM »
Did you mean

A girl who may not even have been gay (never mind that the torah doesn't say anything about a punishment for her being gay) deserves the death penalty in their warped religion that I want no part of.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2015, 10:53:39 AM »
So violent that 1 capital punishment in 70 years is considered a murdering court...

Halachos? Did someone forget to let me know that Sanhedrin was being relaunched? Were you nominated as its head?

Have you spent a day in your life trying to be a little more like Aharon HaKohen? Ohev es habrios um'karvan laTorah. Try it on for size. Because your religion doesn't seem to have time for such role models. The whole Berieishis and first half of Shmos must be a waste of time for you. Nothing we can learn from such violators of halacha.
Ya and in your Chumash you must have erased the maaseh of Shechem by which a whole city was killed out (for violating one of the 7 mitzvos-look at that) and Yaakov's primary complaint against the murderers wasn't that they acted violently but that they placed him in danger. Not very convenient for you.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2015, 10:54:59 AM »
Well he happens to be right about what he just quoted.

I responded to him the following
you are being migaleh ponim batorah shelo kihalacha. This halacha does not exist. You would be a murderer and with eidim and hasro'o bais din would give you the death penalty.
There is no din of kanoim pogim for this. Find a source for your am ha'aratzus. You are also being migale ponim shelo kihalacha. The gemora in Sanhedrin considers that worse than an apikores.
I figured you'd answer that. That's due to matters of technicality (from a passuk that says we should try to save him) and does not reflect at all on the fact that these are sins which are punishable by death.
Wrong again. That is because there is a mitzvah upon beis din called vihitzilu hoedo that even when there are eidim and hasro'o they should actively search for technicalities to get him off the hook.It is amazing how you feel that you are sticking up for the torah when you are going against it
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2015, 10:56:46 AM »
+1 I can't believe I am saying this, but I can't believe this is being allowed on the forum at all.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline gavhaller

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase Visa Supreme, Avis Cadillac, Hyatt Vacation Club Owner, Disney Annual-Pass Holder, BA Avios Executive Corporate Shareholder VIP, Citi Platinum Status, Owner Of DFS - Discover Financial Services
« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2015, 10:58:25 AM »
Aj3042 and doddleydoo are just homophobes.
Not an opinion. Fact.

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2015, 11:04:37 AM »
Ya and in your Chumash you must have erased the maaseh of Shechem by which a whole city was killed out (for violating one of the 7 mitzvos-look at that) and Yaakov's primary complaint against the murderers wasn't that they acted violently but that they placed him in danger. Not very convenient for you.
check again in the birchas Yaakov.

Offline beeweegee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 04, 2015, 11:06:18 AM »
So they are both wrong. I think most here agree on that. Why do you feel the need to condemn the paraders specifically in this thread about the horrific actions of a deranged murderer? If you have a problem with the parade, why not start your own thread about your feelings about the parade?

Offline efflpetzel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2015, 11:11:15 AM »

Aj3042 and doddleydoo are just homophobes.
Not an opinion. Fact.
I'd say a majority of people here are