Topic Wiki

How To Avoid Having Your Credit Cards Closed: These Are The Red Flags That Trigger Financial Reviews And Adverse Action Shutdowns

Transferring/Receiving Ultimate Rewards points to/from ineligible receivers.
You can only transfer or receive Chase Ultimate Rewards points between spouses/domestic partners or between co-business owners on a business card. Transferring Chase Ultimate Rewards points to others Chase Ultimate Rewards accounts may result in both the sender and the recipient’s cards being closed. You can however safely transfer points directly to an additional user’s airline/hotel mileage account.

Ultimate Rewards Transfer Changes Would Hurt, But These Have Been On The Rumor Mill For 7 Years; Should You Consolidate Your Points Every Month?

2022 Ultimate Comparison Chart Of Chase Ultimate Rewards Cards; Supercharge Your Earnings By Creating Your Own Chase Quinfecta Killer Combo!

Author Topic: Chase Ultimate Rewards Points  (Read 141340 times)

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Ultimate Rewards Points
« Reply #500 on: November 22, 2022, 03:50:54 PM »
I've seen this on accounts that sold UR to another UR account, was with UA though not AC. Even calling in didn't help.
Did you ever sell Chase points to a 3rd party?
Nope. Clean account.

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 22, 2022, 04:24:56 PM »
Nope. Clean account.
Don't know what to tell ya. you called in?

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 22, 2022, 11:31:53 PM »
Don't know what to tell ya. you called in?

Just called. Turns out I once transferred to a different AC account (both in my name) so they blocked the transfer to my second account, even though both are mine. Just tried a transfer with the old Aeroplan number and it worked.

Problem is that my Chase AC card is connected to the Aeroplan account which my UR can't transfer to, so it seems like I'd only get the current 30% bonus, but not the 10% bonus for having the Chase card. Just called and switched the Aeroplan number connected to my AC credit card to the account that UR can transfer to. They said it'll take a few days. Hopefully that'll go through before Nov 30 so I can get the 30%+10%

Thanks for your help.

Offline Thingywingy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 17, 2023, 08:39:36 PM »
I vaguely recall writing about transferring UR from one account to another. Does anyone have the link? It is two different people with the same last name.
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 17, 2023, 09:24:14 PM »
I vaguely recall writing about transferring UR from one account to another. Does anyone have the link? It is two different people with the same last name.
Used to be able to do online, you now need to call in.

Offline Thingywingy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 20, 2023, 03:25:16 PM »
Are flights book with UR only cancellable for 24 hours? If so, is there way buy cancellation insurance, aside from spending another $336 for a flex ticket on a RT to Isreal? Do Covid rules still apply to UR tickets, making even regular ones cancellable?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 04:01:07 PM by Thingywingy »
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline Aps

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 01, 2023, 11:58:21 AM »
I would like to book a flight for today with my CSR points but they dont allow same day flight booking online or by phone.
Can I book a flight and then try to change the date to today?

Offline menotyou

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 08, 2023, 10:57:29 PM »

I see Pyb on groceries for reserve now says 23 day’s remaining, does that mean that they are changing categories again? Any clue as to what?

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #508 on: March 15, 2023, 12:53:02 AM »
How instantaneous is instant? If I transferred to Jetblue and the points haven't come through in half an hour, is there cause for concern?

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #509 on: March 15, 2023, 09:44:54 AM »
How instantaneous is instant? If I transferred to Jetblue and the points haven't come through in half an hour, is there cause for concern?

Bump for 9 hours :-[

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #510 on: March 15, 2023, 06:50:18 PM »

Is this the wrong thread to get answers? I called Chase, and they tell me they see the transfer pending, and while it is usually instant, it can take up to 7 days, and until 7 days there's nothing they can do.

My issue is that I doubt the flights I want will still be around then at this price. I'm not in a position to attempt another transfer as it is (for me) a big chunk of points and I don't envision being able to use this amount of JetBlue miles within the foreseeable future.

Is there anything I can do?

Offline Shaya E

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 15, 2023, 07:00:51 PM »
Is this the wrong thread to get answers? I called Chase, and they tell me they see the transfer pending, and while it is usually instant, it can take up to 7 days, and until 7 days there's nothing they can do.

My issue is that I doubt the flights I want will still be around then at this price. I'm not in a position to attempt another transfer as it is (for me) a big chunk of points and I don't envision being able to use this amount of JetBlue miles within the foreseeable future.

I might be wrong, but I believe JB makes all flights available for points at a set cpp. If that is the case, you can probably book a cash flight to hold a spot and then cancel and rebook with points when the transfer goes through.

The downside might be the points price going up since I believe they are dynamically priced.

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 15, 2023, 07:05:32 PM »

Good luck. Can try the JetBlue side. I also hope you won't have issues actually booking, I had to complete the last few points bookings over chat or phone.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #513 on: March 15, 2023, 07:14:20 PM »
I might be wrong, but I believe JB makes all flights available for points at a set cpp. If that is the case, you can probably book a cash flight to hold a spot and then cancel and rebook with points when the transfer goes through.

The downside might be the points price going up since I believe they are dynamically priced.
I thought JetBlue pricing gets higher as seats are filled? So in 7 days, even if my seats go back, won't it already likely be in a higher bucket?

Good luck. Can try the JetBlue side. I also hope you won't have issues actually booking, I had to complete the last few points bookings over chat or phone.

JetBlue doesn't see anything.

Offline Platinum

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 27, 2023, 11:51:01 AM »
How long did it take in the end? I'm having a similar issue with a transfer to Hyatt.

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #515 on: March 27, 2023, 11:52:45 AM »
How long did it take in the end? I'm having a similar issue with a transfer to Hyatt.
Did several Hyatt transfers in the last few weeks and they were all within minutes.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Platinum

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 27, 2023, 12:42:33 PM »
Did several Hyatt transfers in the last few weeks and they were all within minutes.
I did two yesterday one posted immediately and the other is still pending. Very strange..

Offline Ankster

• View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
« Reply #517 on: March 27, 2023, 01:14:02 PM »
I did two yesterday one posted immediately and the other is still pending. Very strange..

Doing multiple Chase to Hyatt transfers in the same day can trigger backend fraud alerts is what I was told when it happened to me last week. There was nothing additional that I needed to do but it took ~2-3 business days for the transferred points to appear in my Hyatt account.

Offline Platinum

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 27, 2023, 01:29:29 PM »
Doing multiple Chase to Hyatt transfers in the same day can trigger backend fraud alerts is what I was told when it happened to me last week. There was nothing additional that I needed to do but it took ~2-3 business days for the transferred points to appear in my Hyatt account.
Interesting. Thx!

Offline Platinum

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 28, 2023, 12:28:18 AM »
Posted! It took a bit over 24 hours.