Topic Wiki

Interesting and positive experience Airbnb's you have stayed in:

Rules for Airbnb's in wiki:
1) Pleasant hosts.
2) Decent accommodations.
3) Write a short review or post a link to review.
4) Must be a first hand experience.
5) Please post a * if it you negotiated a rate and ** if negotiated last minute.
6) Please post a S in bold if place is shabbos friendly.

USA
Arizona - https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/19640418?source_impression_id=p3_1577164162_aVpEeDHi3gaT1dq7 - Beautiful scenery - Nice host but will charge a late fee if you come late -  Amazing for stay between Grand Canyon South rim and grand Canyon West rim.

Canada
Montreal - **/S - https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/25265604?source_impression_id=p3_1577163866_8GlpydeXaJLuxQHL  - Nice apartments - Close to jewish community - Owned and managed by Jews- I had a slight smell but not bad at all.

« Last edited by KSMH on December 24, 2019, 12:18:45 AM »

DansDeals Forum > On The Road

Airbnb Master Thread

(1/40) > >>

enwhycee:
I have had great experiences staying in rentals all over the world. From Tokyo, Milan, to all over the USA.

Also have made good compensation from renting out various properties in downtown Manhattan.

Let's keep track of the quality and affordable units we find in this thread.

yochiek93:
I rented a place for 5 people on the website it said 5 single beds, when I got there was 2 double beds and a mattress on the floor.
I spoke to airbnb to request money back, and they made me crazy and at the end didn't give me a refund. (Don't worry I got my refund at the end from amex but I doubt I'd use them again the customer service is terrible.)

Seeker:

--- Quote from: yochiek93 on August 09, 2015, 11:29:31 AM ---I rented a place for 5 people on the website it said 5 single beds, when I got there was 2 double beds and a mattress on the floor.
I spoke to airbnb to request money back, and they made me crazy and at the end didn't give me a refund. (Don't worry I got my refund at the end from amex but I doubt I'd use them again the customer service is terrible.)

--- End quote ---

That's bad. I can't believe they wouldn't refund you. What was their reason? Was it only 1 night?

yochiek93:

--- Quote from: Seeker on August 11, 2015, 01:13:56 PM ---That's bad. I can't believe they wouldn't refund you. What was their reason? Was it only 1 night?

--- End quote ---
I planned on staying for 3 nights. I put in an inquiry right when I got there and saw the place, and they emailed my host who I didn't want to upset while I was there so I closed down the inquiry telling the  CSR I will reopen it when I leave they said OK, when I opened it again they said you closed it already.
I complained to amex asking for half back and they refunded me on the spot.

enwhycee:
In my experiences, Airbnb will usually refund the guest at least half of their stay, if they have a reasonable grievance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version