Author Topic: ObamaCare Is Live  (Read 20561 times)

Offline rockstarhockstar

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: ObamaCare Is Live
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2015, 10:48:33 AM »
What would happen of applied for Obamacare/Medicaid with an income that contradicts my cc applications?

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2015, 10:53:53 AM »
YMMV

Paul Humphreys, the former CFO of Safety-Kleen hazardous waste disposal company, was sentenced to almost six years in prison after pleading guilty to securities and bank fraud charges. The $267 million fraud occurred between 1998 and 2000, and involved artificially inflating earnings to meet earnings targets and manipulate the stock price.

Bernard “Bernie” Ebbers, the former CEO of WorldCom, was convicted on nine criminal counts related to the company’s $11 billion accounting fraud. He received 25 years in prison.

Martha Stewart received a sentence of five months in prison, and almost six months of home confinement after her conviction on charges of conspiracy, obstruction of justice and making false statements related to a personal sale of ImClone Systems stock.

Jeffrey Skilling, former Enron CEO, received a sentence of more than 24 years in prison following his conviction on 19 counts of fraud, conspiracy, insider trading, and lying to auditors.

The one thing that all of these sentences have in common is that they have a very wide range.
How do we decide what is really fair in white-collar crime cases? Of course the amount of money lost by innocent victims plays a part in sentencing. Naturally, mitigating factors play a part too, as defendants tout their charity work, clean criminal histories, and repentance.
It is common to hear of cases of embezzlement or other corporate fraud in which the perpetrators receive what appears to be unusually light sentences. Yet there is really no clear line between fair and unfair when discussing sentences for white-collar crimes.
^^^

Offline rockstarhockstar

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2015, 11:32:33 AM »
What I'm asking is, on my cc apps I may be generous sometimes with the income, on the Medicaid application I would probably be very straightforward. What are the odds that they would decide to audit a random person [not a CEO or famous person with their own line of products]?

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2015, 12:42:09 PM »
I love how "generous" means lying.

Medicaid won't have access to what you report on your cc applications, so you won't have a problem their.
What people are saying is that you can be prosecuted for lying on your CC applications. This is unlikely, unless you really prop up your income and default on your cards
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline clear thinker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2015, 01:11:01 PM »

Medicaid won't have access to what you report on your cc applications, so you won't have a problem their.
What people are saying is that you can be prosecuted for lying on your CC applications. This is unlikely, unless you really prop up your income and default on your cards
Can't I include "any income that I wish to be considered as basis for repayment"? AKA my father's income, my brother's income etc...
I swipe for them so I use their money to repay.....

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2015, 12:22:53 AM »
No
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline rockstarhockstar

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2015, 11:15:16 PM »

Actually, when I say generous I mean that I include more than I make, but it's okay to include your parents' income in that number if they are supporting you which is the case with me. But when I file taxes I am an independent as I live in another state.

Offline rockstarhockstar

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2015, 11:18:16 PM »
No

I've looked into this more than once and the answer was always yes. I even called discover and after the rep spoke to her supervisor she reaffirmed it [even though she was initially insistent that I was wrong].