Author Topic: Jimmy Carter announces he has cancer  (Read 31615 times)

Offline ShlockDoc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Re: Jimmy Carter announces he has cancer
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2015, 03:17:27 PM »
I have an easy time understanding why most here dislike him. He is sympathetic to the Palestinian cause.

I still don't follow how disagreeing leads to such a level of hate.  I also disagree with Carter but I think he means well but sees the situation different than I do.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2015, 03:20:56 PM »
Which is...?
Did you read his book?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline yos9694

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2015, 03:21:36 PM »
I still don't follow how disagreeing leads to such a level of hate.  I also disagree with Carter but I think he means well but sees the situation different than I do.

There's your difference. Many believe he had/has vicious/malicious intent to one side.

Offline yos9694

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2015, 03:21:57 PM »

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2015, 03:24:06 PM »
There's your difference. Many believe he had/has vicious/malicious intent to one side.

Do you think it's possible to have good intentions but disagree with Israel's policy's regarding the Palestinians?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2015, 03:26:37 PM »
This is a man that helps builds homes for all types of people down on their luck. He is involved in many humanitarian efforts that some will say are misguided. He brokered one deal and tried others to bring peace to the middle east. Maybe your view of him is biased since one issue hits so close to home for you?

Offline yos9694

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2015, 03:34:54 PM »
This is a man that helps builds homes for all types of people down on their luck. He is involved in many humanitarian efforts that some will say are misguided. He brokered one deal and tried others to bring peace to the middle east. Maybe your view of him is biased since one issue hits so close to home you?

Of course my view of Carter is biased by this one issue. I have not read his book nor have I delved into every aspect of his life to find the good in the man. Not interested. Still, it is my opinion and shared by many others.

I do want to make it clear although my opinion of him is very negative, in no way do I share the level of animosity expressed by some posters here (e.g. rejoice in his suffering, want him dead, etc.).

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2015, 03:37:35 PM »
I do want to make it clear although my opinion of him is very negative, in no way do I share the level of animosity expressed by some posters here (e.g. rejoice in his suffering, want him dead, etc.).

That's an important distinction. It's healthy to disagree with someone.  Even, arguably, to hate someone.  But wishing someone death or cancer is pathological.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2015, 03:49:25 PM »
Of course my view of Carter is biased by this one issue. I have not read his book nor have I delved into every aspect of his life to find the good in the man. Not interested. Still, it is my opinion and shared by many others.

Don't you think other aspects of the man is important? You won't agree with him but my have a better understanding of the why, what and where.

A good example might be a new member that joins and is not Jewish. They have this very misguided view of what Judaism is about. They learn their view was not correct. They still might not agree but at least they understand some of the why, what and where.

Offline yos9694

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2015, 03:56:09 PM »
Don't you think other aspects of the man is important? You won't agree with him but my have a better understanding of the why, what and where.

A good example might be a new member that joins and is not Jewish. They have this very misguided view of what Judaism is about. They learn their view was not correct. They still might not agree but at least they understand some of the why, what and where.

Does the misguided view include Jews harming him? If not, how is that a parallel?

Here's my example. In the judicial system, we have an insanity plea as a way of "explaining" why a person committed the crime. The sentence is mitigated, but that doesn't mean the crime did not happen or that there was no victim, and I'm sure the victim's family is still biased against the perpetrator.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2015, 03:59:07 PM »
Does the misguided view include Jews harming him? If not, how is that a parallel?
No
The more you learn about a person or subject your views might change.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:10:41 PM by ChaimMoskowitz »

Offline Shmuli11

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2015, 04:08:09 PM »

That new member has probably already read this topic and I'm sure it was a great eye opener on how we think! In fact, the guys at Citibank are probably really enjoying this discussion!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2015, 04:11:28 PM »
In fact, the guys at Citibank are probably really enjoying this discussion!
Guys at Citi should be reading other threads.  :)

Offline maxie m

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2015, 05:25:02 PM »
Dumb people learn from their own mistakes,smart people,from the mistakes of others

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2015, 05:39:50 PM »
http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/618557

If anyone cares to read it
"Jimmy Carter goes back to the time he was running for governor. He has a long, long history of theological anti-Semitism coupled with virulent anti-Israelism. He never met a terrorist he didn't like. He loved Yasser Arafat and he hated every Israeli leader he ever met."

But please don't confuse people with opinions they don't like, especially when they come from well respected individuals who (are Democrats and) have been around the block enough to recognize Carter's hatred for Jews first hand. It seems to tax peoples' systems.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2015, 05:42:36 PM »
"Jimmy Carter goes back to the time he was running for governor. He has a long, long history of theological anti-Semitism coupled with virulent anti-Israelism. He never met a terrorist he didn't like. He loved Yasser Arafat and he hated every Israeli leader he ever met."

But please don't confuse people with opinions they don't like, especially when they come from well respected individuals who (are Democrats and) have been around the block enough to recognize Carter's hatred for Jews first hand. It seems to tax peoples' systems.
That source is about as authoritative as Salon
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2015, 05:45:56 PM »
That source is about as authoritative as Salon
Very poor escape. His opinions on Carter are well known. Google "dershowitz on caarter" and you shall find-if not thissource, then thaat one. Here's another one:
http://www.thejewishweek.com/news/national/dershowitz-carter-tutu-have-gaza-blood-their-hands
And FYI he's said the like on TV networks as well.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2015, 05:51:13 PM »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2015, 05:55:40 PM »
Very poor escape. His opinions on Carter are well known. Google "dershowitz on caarter" and you shall find-if not thissource, then thaat one. Here's another one:
http://www.thejewishweek.com/news/national/dershowitz-carter-tutu-have-gaza-blood-their-hands
And FYI he's said the like on TV networks as well.
I am shocked you would ever quote Dershowitz for anything.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2015, 05:56:06 PM »

I need quotes. The newsmax article states an opinion but provides no quote to back it up.  If he's such an anti-semite it shouldn't be too hard to find...