Author Topic: Jimmy Carter announces he has cancer  (Read 31553 times)

Offline maxie m

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Dumb people learn from their own mistakes,smart people,from the mistakes of others

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
Re: Jimmy Carter announces he has cancer
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 07:50:08 PM »
Maybe now he'll be busy taking care of himself instead of inciting hatred of Jews all day.

Offline maxie m

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 08:04:37 PM »
Maybe now he'll be busy taking care of himself instead of inciting hatred of Jews all day.
or he won't have time for that either, I'm not complaining
Dumb people learn from their own mistakes,smart people,from the mistakes of others

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 08:05:28 PM »
or he won't have time for that either, I'm not complaining
LOL.

Offline Matovu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond,
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 08:29:23 PM »
So mean and insensitive

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 08:30:51 PM »
Sensitivity is for my political enemy. Not for an anti-semite.

Offline ShlockDoc

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 09:36:13 PM »
Sensitivity is for my political enemy. Not for an anti-semite.

There are satmar and NK rebbes and chassidim who have said a lot worse things about Israel than carter. Do you wish them ill as well?

Offline DMYD

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 09:48:30 PM »
There are satmar and NK rebbes and chassidim who have said a lot worse things about Israel than carter. Do you wish them ill as well?
Not about Israel about the government! And there's a big difference.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 09:54:22 PM »
The ones who march in rallies with the killers of Israel? Definitely.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline maxie m

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 10:18:34 PM »
So mean and insensitive
here is a man who laid wreaths on Arafat's grave! If only they threw Carter in before they filled it in...

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 10:41:17 PM »
Wow. I'm no friend of Carter's but I'm speechless...

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 10:48:04 PM »
Wow. I'm no friend of Carter's but I'm speechless...
You're speechless? Were you sympathetic when Arafat was sick as well? This man is a rabid Jew hater and has dedicated his retired life to undermining, besmirching, and delegitimizing us. Explain yourself-why in the world should a Jew feel one ounce of sympathy for this man? Sympathy and understanding are important but likewise it's important to know their limits.
I'll be dan l'kaf zechus that you simply haven't read his books or followed his actions closely enough and that's why you feel sympathetic to such a sonei yisrael who has done and continues to do so much harm to us.

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 10:58:10 PM »
You're speechless? Were you sympathetic when Arafat was sick as well? This man is a rabid Jew hater and has dedicated his retired life to undermining, besmirching, and delegitimizing us. Explain yourself-why in the world should a Jew feel one ounce of sympathy for this man? Sympathy and understanding are important but likewise it's important to know their limits.
I'll be dan l'kaf zechus that you simply haven't read his books or followed his actions closely enough and that's why you feel sympathetic to such a sonei yisrael who has done and continues to do so much harm to us.
I befeirush said I'm no friend of his, I honestly can't say I was too saddened to hear about him, but there's a (not so thin) line between not sympathizing and some of the posts in this thread...

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 10:59:54 PM »
The oilam should look into what R' Avigdor Miller used to say about Carter when he was in office, how he used to publicly call him an evil man, a rasha, etc., some very very harsh words, in his inimitable straight talking style, and that's before Carter revealed himself to be a sonei yisrael of the highest order who's life is consumed by anti semitism.
But then again, R' Miller was of the old school, he wasn't indoctrinated by modern notions of "sympathizing with and feeling for your enemy" (HT: Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and other enlightened folks).

I befeirush said I'm no friend of his, I honestly can't say I was too saddened to hear about him, but there's a (not so thin) line between not sympathizing and some of the posts in this thread...
i think this thread went too light on a jew hater of his rank.

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 11:00:06 PM »

Jew hater or critic of Israeli government policies?  It's important to acknowledge that they're different and to not throw around the anti-semitism charge willy nilly.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2015, 11:02:56 PM »
Jew hater or critic of Israeli government policies?  It's important to acknowledge that they're different and to not throw around the anti-semitism charge willy nilly.
Yes, and Iran is also only anti Israel and not anti Semitic, and the likewise to the Saudis, Palestinians, and Al Qaeda. Being "anti Israel" on a constant basis is almost always just a thinly veiled modern version of anti antisemitism. I sincerely hope you understand that.
I suggest before you make such attempts at excusing his behavior you read his writings and what he's done. I'm assuming (and hoping) you have done neither or you wouldn't be saying that.

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2015, 11:08:41 PM »
Yes, and Iran is also only anti Israel and not anti Semitic, and the likewise to the Saudis, Palestinians, and Al Qaeda. Being "anti Israel" on a constant basis is almost always just a thinly veiled modern version of anti antisemitism. I sincerely hope you understand that.
I suggest before you make such attempts at excusing his behavior you read his writings and what he's done. I'm assuming (and hoping) you have done neither or you wouldn't be saying that.

In some cases criticizing Israel is a proxy for anti-semitism and in some cases it's not.  I've certainly seen his exceedingly harsh criticism of Israel but I haven't seen anti-Jewish quotes or actions. 

Offline Shmuli11

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2015, 11:16:38 PM »
We say in Shmoneh Esrei on a daily basis, in V'lamalshinim "V'chol Oivei amcha Mehaira Yikoreisu", and I'm pretty sure it applies to someone who pushes for Israeli concessions which affects Jewish lives.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 11:18:32 PM »
In some cases criticizing Israel is a proxy for anti-semitism and in some cases it's not.  I've certainly seen his exceedingly harsh criticism of Israel but I haven't seen anti-Jewish quotes or actions.
Look and you shall find.
For starters, when a 90 year old man like himself has nothing better to do than write books condemning Israeli "apartheid", accusing them of genocide, and meeting with (and hugging) people who call for Israel's destruction, then he's most probably an anti Semite. That's for starters.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 11:20:28 PM »
We say in Shmoneh Esrei on a daily basis, in V'lamalshinim "V'chol Oivei amcha Mehaira Yikoreisu", and I'm pretty sure it applies to someone who pushes for Israeli concessions which affects Jewish lives.
He's done far worse. And yes praying for someone to be "cut off" isn't being very nice (not to mention the part where we ask for them to be "finished off" etc.). Apparently Chazal felt we don't have to be nice to such enemies.