Author Topic: Jimmy Carter announces he has cancer  (Read 31523 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Jimmy Carter announces he has cancer
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2015, 12:25:35 PM »
Carter is a special breed, and he is probably one of the most prominent anti-israel advocates, and anti-israel advocates are usually a small step away from anti-semitism.
I don't think being the President automatically makes you immune to to the natural response of lifelong hatred and actions against Israel.
If he hates Israel so much why did he broker the peace deal between Egypt and them? Why did he try so hard to broker peace between Israel and the Palestinians?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline ADG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2015, 12:34:21 PM »
If he hates Israel so much why did he broker the peace deal between Egypt and them? Why did he try so hard to broker peace between Israel and the Palestinians?
Thats an easy one... because we must give away territory (that is life threatening) in both those "peace"  deals.
The sini desert where weapons prostitutes and drugs run amuk  and the golan heights , need i expand...

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2015, 12:44:57 PM »
Thats an easy one... because we must give away territory (that is life threatening) in both those "peace"  deals.
What territory was given away in the Israel/Egypt peace deal.

Offline yos9694

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2015, 12:46:13 PM »
What territory was given away in the Israel/Egypt peace deal.

Sinai?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2015, 12:46:34 PM »
Because you probably don't know many frum Jews think the peace deal with Egypt was beyond terrible and one of the many terrible things the Israeli Government has done.

Imagine if After WW II Germany said you won the war and beat us now if you give us The entire west cost of the US including Texas we will sign a peace deal.

Would you have been happy with that deal?

The land comparison isn't great because the US owned the land before the war but the idea is the same. The point is they gave away more land the the entire size of Israel.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline yos9694

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2015, 12:49:18 PM »
Hopefully they don't.

Why would you presuppose that they would?

Offline ShlockDoc

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2015, 12:50:29 PM »
Because you probably don't know many frum Jews think the peace deal with Egypt was beyond terrible and one of the many terrible things the Israeli Government has done.

Imagine if After WW II Germany said you won the war and beat us now if you give us The entire west cost of the US including Texas we will sign a peace deal.

Would you have been happy with that deal?

The land comparison isn't great because the US owned the land before the war but the idea is the same. The point is they gave away more land the the entire size of Israel.

It's a desert with no historic or religious significance to the nation or country of Israel.  And it has bought decades of a peaceful border, security cooperation (albeit imperfect), and economic benefits.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2015, 12:51:05 PM »
How many is many?  :)
10, 20 or more than 50%?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2015, 12:53:51 PM »
It's a desert with no historic or religious significance to the nation or country of Israel.  And it has bought decades of a peaceful border, security cooperation (albeit imperfect), and economic benefits.

And what if they kept it? Do you know what would have happened?

The US did pretty well keeping Texas from Mexico after killing them, they did pretty well keeping most of America from the Natives. I don't think that had any  historic or religious significance to the nation or country of the USA...

AFAIK there have been other wars since then. If Israel showed they are strong the Arabs would learn to respect them. Instead they have a war and give the land back after.

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2015, 12:54:04 PM »

There are always fringe people in every group that will never be happy with anything (as I'm sure you know from your job moderator the DD world).   That doesn't take away from Carter's intention of brokering peace so that two countries can live securely next to each other.   He's certainly no angel but he shold be given credit where credit is due.

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2015, 12:54:49 PM »
And what if they kept it? Do you know what would have happened?

The US did pretty well keeping Texas from Mexico after killing them, they did pretty well keeping most of America from the Natives. I don't think that had any  historic or religious significance to the nation or country of the USA...

And Israel did fine after giving it up.  Would they have done finer? Maybe maybe not, who knows...

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2015, 12:55:41 PM »
There are always fringe people in every group that will never be happy with anything (as I'm sure you know from your job moderator the DD world).   That doesn't take away from Carter's intention of brokering peace so that two countries can live securely next to each other.   He's certainly no angel but he shold be given credit where credit is due.
And Israel did fine after giving it up.  Would they have done finer? Maybe maybe not, who knows...
I'm explaining to CM why people hate the peace deal and by virtue of that Carter. I'm not here to argue whether those people are right or not.

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2015, 12:59:40 PM »
I'm explaining to CM why people hate the peace deal and by virtue of that Carter. I'm not here to argue whether those people are right or not.

So you are explaining that people hate the peace deal with egypt and hate the architect because although it lead to decades of peace, security and stability at minimal cost, things MAY have somehow been even better if they had occupied an vast empty dessert bordered by an enemy. 

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2015, 01:00:43 PM »
Sinai?
My memory is not what it use to be. Is this the same territory they captured during the 6 day war?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2015, 01:01:30 PM »
So you are explaining that people hate the peace deal with egypt and hate the architect because although it lead to decades of peace, security and stability at minimal cost, things MAY have somehow been even better if they had occupied an vast empty dessert bordered by an enemy. 
Dude Israel was a vast empty dessert pre 1948... Your logic is very flawed IMHO calling it minimal cost.

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2015, 01:04:24 PM »
Dude Israel was a vast empty dessert pre 1948... Your logic is very flawed IMHO calling it minimal cost.

But the land of Israel has nationalistic significance to the Jewish people, the Sinai peninsula does not.   Israel gave up a desert with no historical, religious, nationalistic significance.  Not sure what the naysayers think the significant cost was. 

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2015, 01:05:18 PM »
But the land of Israel has nationalistic significance to the Jewish people, the Sinai peninsula does not.   Israel gave up a desert with no historical, religious, nationalistic significance.  Not sure what the naysayers think the significant cost was. 
Does the land of Israel have a $$ value?

Times that value by 4 and let me know what the cost was.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2015, 01:05:53 PM »
Vast empty desert...filled with enough oil to give it energy independence...
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/149448#.Vc4ftvlVhBc

Sounds like Texas, but the war was with the Mexicans, not the Germans...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ADG

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2015, 01:09:39 PM »
Vast empty desert...filled with enough oil to give it energy independence...
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/149448#.Vc4ftvlVhBc

Sounds like Texas, but the war was with the Mexicans, not the Germans...
whats up with the links... every time i click on one the forum freezes up

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2015, 01:11:19 PM »
That would be an issue on your end.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.