Author Topic: AA Ending PHL-TLV  (Read 24362 times)

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
Re: AA Ending PHL-TLV
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2015, 02:11:23 AM »
That elal info can be very useful if elal reestablishes their partnership with AA.
What do you mean "El AL info"?

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2015, 02:12:32 AM »
What do you mean "El AL info"?
This
I just got off the phone with AA. I was able to get rerouted from Newark on a direct flight with El Al! They said they have added El Al as a nonstop option from Newark or JFK!

At first the woman on the phone offered the same Iberia/BA options. I asked her to check if there were any direct options from any other airport within 300 miles. She checked her computer and said El Al came up as an option from Newark and JFK. She told me it must have recently changed because she had assumed the only options were Iberia/BA through Europe. I changed my flight and now am waiting for the confirmation email...

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2015, 02:15:51 AM »
Most likely just a rerouting. Does not necessarily mean that LY is bookable with AA points.

UA also rerouted me on LY before. Doesnt mean i can use UA points for LY
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline ShlockDoc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2015, 02:21:34 AM »
Most likely just a rerouting. Does not necessarily mean that LY is bookable with AA points.

I was going to mention a similar experience. I don't think there's anything to get excited about here.

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2015, 02:38:04 AM »

Valid points. Just wishful thinking.

Offline Amir

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2015, 09:32:57 AM »
What day and time?
I called last night at 10:30pm eastern time. My flight was for late January. I haven't yet received the confirmation email so I called again this morning to confirm. They told me that they had the rebooking in their system and that it should go through by tomorrow. They gave me my El Al confirmation number and I was able to check the El Al website and see our reservation.

Offline sruly101

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2015, 09:36:59 AM »
Can anyone else confirm this?

Offline ausome

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2015, 10:25:58 AM »
I called last night at 10:30pm eastern time. My flight was for late January. I haven't yet received the confirmation email so I called again this morning to confirm. They told me that they had the rebooking in their system and that it should go through by tomorrow. They gave me my El Al confirmation number and I was able to check the El Al website and see our reservation.
do you know what class your tickets are? They said mine are O and that I can't book Elal with that. They offered me a stopover or a refund.  I'm still waiting and hoping for nonstop.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2015, 11:55:57 AM »
do you know what class your tickets are? They said mine are O and that I can't book Elal with that. They offered me a stopover or a refund.  I'm still waiting and hoping for nonstop.
I think that Amir just got lucky. When a airline agent wanta to reroute a pax during IRROP they can see in their system ALL (or most) other options, like people said above, UA can reroute you via LY etc. However in this particular case they AA agents probably got an advisory to only rebook with local partners (in order to save some money...) I guess Amir got aa nice agent who was just rebooking him as this would be a standard IRROP situation. In any case im not sure if as per the DOT rules they can get away with a stopover while the original booking was a direct flight.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2015, 05:07:26 PM »
Here, let me clarify this for all of you, from a travel agent's perspective... allow me to provide the timeline of events:

On August 20, 2015 AA issued a waiver for TAs to rebook customers - whose flights are now canceled - on the various AA/BA/IB options already mentioned, free of charge, or to allow free cancellation and refund of the ticket.

Then for a week, there was apparently some behind-the-scenes negotiations going on, in an attempt to add LY to the list of carriers that passengers can be rebooked on (hence the rumors floating around that "a deal is being worked on between AA and LY").

On August 27, 2015, the waiver was updated: LY is now an option as well; HOWEVER, tickets that were originally booked in O or Q class cannot be rebooked on LY; those can only be rebooked on the carriers already mentioned.

So this explains everything:

1) The "mystery deal" between AA and LY was to offer LY as an additional alternative carrier option for PHL-TLV customers who got the raw end of the deal, not to revive the old AA/LY partnership. Sorry to disappoint you.
2) Amir was told that "El Al was added as an option" - because indeed, it was not on the original waiver. But unfortunately, it was not added back as an AAdvantage partner.
3) ausome's rep was indeed correct - an O class ticket cannot be rebooked on El Al; neither can Q class. Only higher fare classes than that have the El Al direct option.
4) In case it wasn't abundantly clear yet: there is still no option to book LY flights using AA miles. That agreement is still dead. :'(

Hope this helps everyone get things straight...

Offline ausome

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2015, 05:21:54 PM »
Here, let me clarify this for all of you, from a travel agent's perspective... allow me to provide the timeline of events:

On August 20, 2015 AA issued a waiver for TAs to rebook customers - whose flights are now canceled - on the various AA/BA/IB options already mentioned, free of charge, or to allow free cancellation and refund of the ticket.

Then for a week, there was apparently some behind-the-scenes negotiations going on, in an attempt to add LY to the list of carriers that passengers can be rebooked on (hence the rumors floating around that "a deal is being worked on between AA and LY").

On August 27, 2015, the waiver was updated: LY is now an option as well; HOWEVER, tickets that were originally booked in O or Q class cannot be rebooked on LY; those can only be rebooked on the carriers already mentioned.

So this explains everything:

1) The "mystery deal" between AA and LY was to offer LY as an additional alternative carrier option for PHL-TLV customers who got the raw end of the deal, not to revive the old AA/LY partnership. Sorry to disappoint you.
2) Amir was told that "El Al was added as an option" - because indeed, it was not on the original waiver. But unfortunately, it was not added back as an AAdvantage partner.
3) ausome's rep was indeed correct - an O class ticket cannot be rebooked on El Al; neither can Q class. Only higher fare classes than that have the El Al direct option.
4) In case it wasn't abundantly clear yet: there is still no option to book LY flights using AA miles. That agreement is still dead. :'(

Hope this helps everyone get things straight...
any way to get a nonstop flight with O class?? I spoke to AA a few times and nothing doing.

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2015, 05:26:52 PM »
any way to get a nonstop flight with O class?? I spoke to AA a few times and nothing doing.

Offline ausome

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2015, 05:30:14 PM »

correct. I know that. But I want to know if there are any other ways to try to get nonstop

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2015, 05:31:18 PM »
correct. I know that. But I want to know if there are any other ways to try to get nonstop
Being that AA/BA/IB don't fly direct, no.

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2015, 05:46:41 PM »
Thanks for the clarity, Batchy!

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2015, 06:21:08 PM »
I think that Amir just got lucky. When a airline agent wanta to reroute a pax during IRROP they can see in their system ALL (or most) other options, like people said above, UA can reroute you via LY etc. However in this particular case they AA agents probably got an advisory to only rebook with local partners (in order to save some money...) I guess Amir got aa nice agent who was just rebooking him as this would be a standard IRROP situation. In any case im not sure if as per the DOT rules they can get away with a stopover while the original booking was a direct flight.
Sometime they can NOT see OAL in their system, had in the past DL could only rebook on LY not on UA, they didn't see even UA in their end

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2015, 07:12:05 PM »

You could try offering to pay to "upgrade" to a higher fare class... but even if they'll let, I doubt it's worth it. But you're definitely not getting it for free.

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2015, 07:14:00 PM »
Thanks for the clarity, Batchy!

You're welcome. Seems to be my job around here lately, sweeping around and mopping up messes of airline-related misinformation and/or confusion. >:D

Offline shoobi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2015, 07:17:06 PM »
So you work as a Travel Agent as your real job?

Offline ausome

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2015, 07:17:46 PM »
You could try offering to pay to "upgrade" to a higher fare class... but even if they'll let, I doubt it's worth it. But you're definitely not getting it for free.
i ask them if I can pay to upgrade, and they said I cant.