Author Topic: Hatzolah lighting..  (Read 8245 times)

Offline Columbiadorm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Delta Silver Medallion, SPG Gold
Re: Hatzolah lighting..
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 08:41:25 AM »
I have someone who has probably the better deals in town. He doesn't do it for a living, just does it for the Hatzolah guys to save a buck or two.

As for installation, I know of people who can do it for a great price in CT, Kiryas Joel, and Far Rockaway. If your willing to spend more and got to the 'the best' I can get you their info as well.

Offline Mocha

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 03:19:41 PM »
What do people do about the wiring for lights/sirens if their car is leased?

Offline Name Changed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 03:22:36 PM »
elite emergency lighting
a guy in lkwd!!
great work!!
amazing prices!!!
pm for number

+1

I am good friend with him too

Recommended

Offline Columbiadorm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Delta Silver Medallion, SPG Gold
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 04:12:48 PM »

Install properly with the holes in discreet locations.

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 05:29:54 PM »

You can wire up the car without making any holes. The only thing that requires drilling,  is if u plan on putting in strobes.
Without getting into the discussion of stealing,  they probably won't notice the holes from the strobes.

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 08:11:39 PM »
You can wire up the car without making any holes. The only thing that requires drilling,  is if u plan on putting in strobes.
Without getting into the discussion of stealing,  they probably won't notice the holes from the strobes.

There is a new type of strobe called "vertex" its not actually a strobe, its a led light that works like a storbe... they are smaller - so after drilling the hole is isnt really noticeable

My father returned a few leased cars that had lights in them and never had a problem

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 08:23:58 PM »

My father returned a few leased cars that had lights in them and never had a problem

That's bec they didn't notice/they didn't know about it.
If they would know about it,  even if its a very small hole I'm sure they would charge you a pretty penny.
After all the money making part of the lease is when u return the car - that's when they look for anything and everything to bill u for.

Offline Yeki89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 08:51:31 PM »
There is a new type of strobe called "vertex" its not actually a strobe, its a led light that works like a storbe... they are smaller - so after drilling the hole is isnt really noticeable

the vortex lights needs a hole about the size of a quarter and is very noticeable as its in the bumper

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 10:58:44 PM »
the vortex lights needs a hole about the size of a quarter and is very noticeable as its in the bumper

Yea, if its on the bumper it could be noticeable, but it can also be installed into the head and tail lights, and there are many models. Some are smaller than strobes

Offline arch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2011, 12:13:45 AM »
"After all the money making part of the lease is when u return the car - that's when they look for anything and everything to bill u for."
Not correct.
 If a car, (I.E. Honda Odyssey EX), cost $32,000 new, and Honda leases it for approx. $400 a month on a 3 year lease, they will get $14,400 plus whatever amount they require you to put down. Usually around $2,000 $2,500. That would equal $16,400-$16,900. A 3 year old certified Odyssey EX in good condition goes for around $25,000. $25,000 plus $16,900=$41,900. Honda will have made almost an additional whopping $10,000 on the same car or an additional 30% (approx.)! If you are one of the suckers who pay more then $400, Honda makes even more money. Of course non Honda dealers take away from that profit margin, but the profit for honda is still very high.
I believe that cars these days are generally not priced/designed to be sold new anymore. The manufacturers want people to lease, or buy used.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 12:17:11 AM by arch »
Learner-Churner or Churner-Learner?

Offline arch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 12:16:04 AM »
OCD car security in Far Rockaway is very good. He takes real pride in his work, and its apparent. He is also one of the cheapest professionals out there.
PM for his #

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 12:28:18 AM »
"After all the money making part of the lease is when u return the car - that's when they look for anything and everything to bill u for."
Not correct.
 If a car, (I.E. Honda Odyssey EX), cost $32,000 new, and Honda leases it for approx. $400 a month on a 3 year lease, they will get $14,400 plus whatever amount they require you to put
down. Usually around $2,000 $2,500. That would equal $16,400-$16,900. A 3 year old certified Odyssey EX in good condition goes for around $25,000. $25,000 plus $16,900=$41,900. Honda will have made almost an additional whopping $10,000 on the same car or an additional 30% (approx.)! If you are one of the suckers who pay more then $400, Honda makes even more money. Of course non Honda dealers take away from that profit margin, but the profit for honda is still very high.
I believe that cars these days are generally not priced/designed to be sold new anymore. The manufacturers want people to lease, or buy used.

Wow I don't where you get your numbers from.
I know someone that was paying $300 a month for his 2008 oddessy, the lease was up this past june. There was 36,500 miles on it which is pretty standard for a 3 year lease.  The buy out price was $17,xxx - not $25k. He wanted to buy it and flip it even if it would be at a (minimal) loss. He couldn't find any dealers that wanted it bec they didn't want to pay anywhere near that price.
Bottom line; your numbers are waaay off!

EDIT: When I said dealers I meant used car dealers in lkwd - in case u didn't know , the used car/mini van in lakewood is a big market and has a pretty high markup.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 12:37:12 AM by Saver2000 »

Offline arch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 12:33:42 AM »
Take a look at how much an Odyssey EX costs to lease today. Then go to KBB or Honda.com and see how much a 3 year old Certified one costs to buy from a dealer . An Odyssey LX is cheaper, but the % of profit should be similar. Your Friend probably had an LX. Theres a big price and "desireablity" difference between an LX and an EX. IME most dealer dont even want the LXs.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2011, 12:41:39 AM »
Take a look at how much an Odyssey EX costs to lease today. Then go to KBB or Honda.com and see how much a 3 year old Certified one costs to buy from a dealer . An Odyssey LX is cheaper, but the % of profit should be similar. Your Friend probably had an LX. Theres a big price and "desireablity" difference between an LX and an EX. IME most dealer dont even want the LXs.

Negative,  it was an EX.
Ar u in the business or are u just repeating what you heard in the street?
I'm not in the business but I have first hand experience dealing with this as I took care of the lease return for that specific person -- it just so happens to be that it was with the exact vehicle we're talking about so it only makes my "IME" that much better.

Offline arch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2011, 12:43:32 AM »
Im not in the business at all. I just bought an oddy , and those where the #s.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2011, 12:47:25 AM »
Im not in the business at all. I just bought an oddy , and those where the #s.

Well in that case I feel bad for u. Next time maybe make this place your first stop - I could've sold u mine and saved you a couple of g's (or I could've made me a couple of g's  ;D )

Offline arch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2011, 01:16:00 AM »
 Kbb says that a 2009 Ody EX certified with 36k should cost $24,842.
According to CarsDirect.com, a 2012 Ody lx cost $27,065. If I wanted to lease it it would cost $300 a month with $2,000 due at signing,for a total of $12,800. According to kbb a certified 2009 ody LX with 36k is worth $22,300. $22,300 plus $12,800 = $35,100. Honda ends up making an additional $8,000. Which comes out to be the same 30%
 Dont worry, I ended up buying my friends ody, he was making aliyah.Paid off his finance payments. 2 years old,still under warranty, EX, 21k- $18,750  :)

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2011, 08:28:52 AM »
A camry is leased usually for around $200, the resale value of a 3 year old camy is around 14-15k -- the lease plus resale is $22,000 that basically is the price of a new camry where is the profit here?

Also it costs the dealer to certify a car, and they pass that fee on to you.

Also never look at prices on KBB and relay on them... Try to get close to half the value on a trade in (I had a car that on KBB it said 6k, the dealer offered me only 2k!!)

And lastly the dealer is really making the money on the sucker that leases the car at a high price, and the next sucker that come in and buys the certified lease at a hgh price too..
On negotiated prices they don't make too much

Offline arch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2011, 10:49:11 AM »
A certified used camry generally costs more then a used camry that is being sold by a heimishe dealer in lakewood. The certification process adds a 100k mile powertrain warranty, and other perks, besides knowing that it is (hopefully  ;D) in decent shape under the hood. The used cars being sold by Heimishe dealers, usually have been in accidents,( which is why many dont have the carfax) and have had significant body work. They are not necessarily bad cars, but theyre not the greatest, Hence the cheaper price. Also, Kbb cannot see your car to give you an accurate price to sell it or trade, whereas a certified used car always has to be in near perfect condition, Hence a more accurate price by KBB.
  I know that no Heimishe yid pays full retail  ;D, but for lack of a better source, and for the hamon am, I will use KBB as a point of reference.

According to KBB, a certified 09 camry SE costs $17,538.
A new 2012 Camry SE costs $23,063 on Cars direct.com. Carsdirect is usually about $500 more expensive then your typical brooklyn new car dealer, but ive found sometimes (especially on the non typical cars I.E. Subaru),that they can be cheaper.
Toyota is advertising that a 2012 Camry SE lease is now $239 a month plus $2,000 down, for a total of $10,604
$17,538 plus $10,604=$28,142. which is about 22.5% more then they would have made selling it new.
A base model Camry is cheaper to lease, and cheaper to buy used, but the % of profit remains the same.
I am fully aware that people get better deals then I have explained above,( I myself just bought a used CRV from a private person, for half of what it should have cost)  but I think the majority of americans pay close to KBB and Carsdirect prices.
Just to reiterate my point, the manufacturers prefer if you to lease (or finance, but thats a different discussion)not buy straight out.

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2011, 01:40:38 PM »
I agree that there is more profit for the dealer as you are explaining

But, I think your throwin the 3#'s to easily
As I mentioned earlier it costs the dealer (around $2000) to certify a car, and also part of the cost of a lease involves finance charges and that isnt a profit. (its prob around $500-$1000 per lease on a $250 range lease)

Also you really cant base prices off KBB - as i walked into a dealer to buy a new car, they tried selling me a used car with a sticker price on it (about KBB Value) and without even negotiating they knocked the price down by a few thousand and were willing to give me good money on a trade in - which is also a loss for them.

Either way this is really off topic