Author Topic: AA longer hold times for Elites  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
AA longer hold times for Elites
« on: August 21, 2015, 12:14:05 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that since AA got their new phone system a few months ago, the hold times (at all hours of the day) have increased dramatically?

On one occasion the platinum number had a hold time of over 60 minutes while the regular number was only 6 minutes.
On another occasion (at 4AM) it was 23-30 min on the PLT number and 7 min on the regular number.
Just now, it was over 65 minutes on the Platinum number and the regular number was only 8-12 minutes.

I have tried this out numerous times of day in the last few weeks and has always been a much longer wait time when calling as an Elite.
In all scenarios, the system recognized my Aadvantage PLT number from my phone number before placing me in the queue .
Before the new phone system, as a platinum member, the only time i ever had to wait more than 2-3 minutes was in the event of extreme weather.
I was in an airport yesterday and an EXP member next to me had the same complaint as she waited over 30 min to talk to someone on the EXP line.

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: AA longer hold times for Elites
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 12:15:13 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that since AA got their new phone system a few months ago, the hold times (at all hours of the day) have increased dramatically?

On one occasion the platinum number had a hold time of over 60 minutes while the regular number was only 6 minutes.
On another occasion (at 4AM) it was 23-30 min on the PLT number and 7 min on the regular number.
Just now, it was over 65 minutes on the Platinum number and the regular number was only 8-12 minutes.

I have tried this out numerous times of day in the last few weeks and has always been a much longer wait time when calling as an Elite.
In all scenarios, the system recognized my Aadvantage PLT number from my phone number before placing me in the queue .
Before the new phone system, as a platinum member, the only time i ever had to wait more than 2-3 minutes was in the event of extreme weather.
I was in an airport yesterday and an EXP member next to me had the same complaint as she waited over 30 min to talk to someone on the EXP line.

Only noticed that once (EXP). But wait times are longer than they used to be (more often than not there is some wait), and I used to be a non-elite :)

Offline mileagejunkie

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 607
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 12:20:35 PM »

Yes, I realized that two days ago when I called American and waited half an hour (used call me back) before realizing that I was on an US flight and waited another half hour even though the agent said that US lines did not have any wait at this time!

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 12:28:22 PM »
Im on hold with them now as the agent i was talking to is on hold to talk to her help desk about a ticket of mine they screwed up.
She said that the recording for the help desk said there was no hold time...but alas she is waiting on hold for a while for them.
Seems their system is screwed up all around

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 06:20:16 PM »
I learned this week that the "thank you for calling American Airlines, my name is xxxxx, can I have your Aadvantage #" is a recording. Not live  ;D