Author Topic: Effects of opening authorized user cards in your own name  (Read 1253 times)

Offline newdanfan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Effects of opening authorized user cards in your own name
« on: August 24, 2015, 11:42:50 AM »
I recently added another 30 authorized users onto my Amex cards, most of which are in my and my husband's names.  I inputted our socials in the process of getting the other cards since I wasn't able to add these cards to my online account without them.  I recently noticed that they are beginning to appear on my credit report.  It has not had a negative impact on my credit score yet, and my credit score according to Credit Karma (how accurate is that anyway?) is above 800.  However, I'm wondering if I should worry that it shows so many new cards, specifically all of which were opened in the last couple of months.  When I click on each card, I see that it shows it's an authorized user, but it's still showing up as a new account.

Here are my questions:
1) Will having all these new cards on my credit report negatively impact my score?
2) Will this prevent me from being approved for new card applications, since it appears that I've recently gotten so many new credit cards?
3) Are there any other effects this may have besides for the above two listed questions?

Offline benjie1305

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: Effects of opening authorized user cards in your own name
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 11:47:50 AM »
I recently added another 30 authorized users onto my Amex cards, most of which are in my and my husband's names.  I inputted our socials in the process of getting the other cards since I wasn't able to add these cards to my online account without them.  I recently noticed that they are beginning to appear on my credit report.  It has not had a negative impact on my credit score yet, and my credit score according to Credit Karma (how accurate is that anyway?) is above 800.  However, I'm wondering if I should worry that it shows so many new cards, specifically all of which were opened in the last couple of months.  When I click on each card, I see that it shows it's an authorized user, but it's still showing up as a new account.

Here are my questions:
1) Will having all these new cards on my credit report negatively impact my score?
2) Will this prevent me from being approved for new card applications, since it appears that I've recently gotten so many new credit cards?
3) Are there any other effects this may have besides for the above two listed questions?

Discussed in AU thread. Yes. With Chase it seems Yes. YMMV
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline newdanfan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 11:52:36 AM »

So I may have difficulty getting approved for new Chase cards, but not for new American Express cards?

Offline newdanfan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 11:57:22 AM »

Can you also please link to the AU thread you are mentioning?  I can't seem to find it.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 12:02:41 PM »
Can you also please link to the AU thread you are mentioning?  I can't seem to find it.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=1716
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.