Topic Wiki

For starters:
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

Link to "Trick-it" thread on FT, Good Luck!

Booking: "Airline's own site is usually best. It just simply won't work there most of the time, hence the need for OTAs. And some of the smaller OTAs have employees doing manual checks of their tickets, so gotta be cautious there, too." (Moishebatchy)

See, this is precisely why booking FD's is NOT for the unwashed masses!!!

Here, let me make this nice and clear for you: when booking a FD, you CANNOT call the airline for ANY reason. You cannot call to add an infant, you cannot call to order kosher meals, you cannot call to request seats, you cannot even call to check if your flight is running on time!!!! No human eye (belonging to an airline employee) can ever see your ticket, period. If it cannot be done online, then you cannot do it at all. The risk is too great. Capische?

Oh, and as far as changes/cancellations are concerned... YOU CANNOT CANCEL A FUEL DUMP TICKET. EVER. Even if it's cancel-able online, because online cancellations are often manually reviewed by human auditors. You spent $450 on a cheap ticket to Israel and now your work schedule changed? That's too bad, you're gonna have to eat the $450 loss and let your ticket go into the garbage. If you try to cancel, your greed in saving $450 can trigger the cancellation of tens of thousands of dollars of other people's fuel-dumped tickets. Think I'm exaggerating? I've seen it happen with my own eyes.

NOW do you people understand what I mean by the "dark side of FD"?!

And NOW do you see why we don't like when the newbie, "gimme a cheap ticket to Israel!!!!" crowd gets a hold of these?! Let me tell you, when someone from that crowd gets a hold of these fares and books his family of 10 people for $4,500 total, and then they have to cancel the trip for some reason, I GUARANTEE you he will not resist the temptation to cancel and get his $4,500 back. He WILL cancel to get his money back, and he WILL get the dump killed for many other people. And THAT is a big part of why veterans don't like it when newbies get their hands on this stuff.

« Last edited by shoobi on August 31, 2015, 10:16:13 PM »

Author Topic: Trick-It Master Thread  (Read 184376 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Reduce USA -> TLV flights by $415
« Reply #260 on: August 26, 2015, 02:46:56 PM »
You consider someone taking his time explaining to people the dangers of openly discussing FD's because it will kill it for EVERYONE, being selfish?
How many pages of everyone just saying to take down the post etc did it take before he actually wrote something substantive about why there is an issue?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 26, 2015, 02:53:31 PM »
I was playing around on ITA and saw how pretty much all flights can be reduced by $415 even in summer. Don't want to publish specifics on here. I am sure you can figure it out. Clues: Christie, אר--ת,Soda container, 1842-1997

Please do not PM me. I gave more then enough clues. In fact  I am being berated for giving out out much.
I have not figured it out so please help me out. I want my first HT. This would be great for DDMS since it would so helpful to the core audience.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 26, 2015, 02:55:46 PM »
I have not figured it out so please help me out. I want my first HT. This would be great for DDMS since it would so helpful to the core audience.
It's not fair to you cuz there's hebrew letters as part of the clue. PM me if you need help figuring that clue out.
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 26, 2015, 02:57:16 PM »
It's not fair to you cuz there's hebrew letters as part of the clue. PM me if you need help figuring that clue out.
Google translate didn't help for this one?

Offline Josef.koney

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 26, 2015, 02:57:27 PM »
Now now, don't make it to easy for him

Offline MosheD

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 26, 2015, 02:57:46 PM »
See THAT, is bullying. You are making a mockery out of a serious legitimate post. He posted a good (perhaps slightly dangerous - mb) deal, but in a way that it would take effort to figure out.
And honestly, if not for all the shouting, I don't think most ppl would have figured it out. They gave away way more clues than the OP

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 26, 2015, 02:58:33 PM »
Google translate didn't help for this one?
That works 1 out 10 on a good day.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 26, 2015, 03:00:53 PM »
See THAT, is bullying. You are making a mockery out of a serious legitimate post. He posted a good (perhaps slightly dangerous - mb) deal, but in a way that it would take effort to figure out.
I am dead serious. Someone PM me the answer and I will post it plain as day. This way once it is out in the open it can be posted to DDMS and I get my first HT.

Offline Dr Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 26, 2015, 03:04:11 PM »
I am dead serious. Someone PM me the answer and I will post it plain as day. This way once it is out in the open it can be posted to DDMS and I get my first HT.
Can you first take me off your ignore list so I can PM you  :P

Offline Yehuda25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 26, 2015, 03:04:26 PM »
I would compare a thread like this to one that talks about churning credit cards. They're both not "violating" rules, but we don't want them to get killed so we request to get the thread deleted. The only difference is, for credit cards you have a personal interest in the fact of them closing it down as opposed to this you don't care as much.
+100000
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline KidOOO

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 26, 2015, 03:06:46 PM »
Probably cant pronounce the "Ch"

ECH ECH...

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 26, 2015, 03:07:47 PM »
Can you first take me off your ignore list so I can PM you  :P
No, so just pretend no one is looking and post it here. I will copy it then you can delete it and no one will be the wiser for it.

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #272 on: August 26, 2015, 03:10:08 PM »
No, so just pretend no one is looking and post it here. I will copy it then you can delete it and no one will be the wiser for it.
Don't worry, we're not looking
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Online ycohen

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2015, 03:11:54 PM »
YOU were the only one here that even considered doing such a reckless thing -

And if he would have just answered "Don't call", you would have listened. Right?

You consider someone taking his time explaining to people the dangers of openly discussing FD's because it will kill it for EVERYONE, being selfish?

I was not "considering" calling, I was merely asking a question based on my searches. Which is indication that I am actually being quite cautious.

Absolutely. This is the purpose of asking the question to begin with.

I consider someone taking their time to be informative to the rules of FD so to avoid screw ups would be more effective. FD deals have already made the DDMS in the past. If people understood the "rules" then it would allow the deals to last longer. I am not advocating blasting out every routing that exist but if someone post a question I find the response I received to be counter-productive.

Offline hokiegl

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2015, 03:13:52 PM »
I found it a few months ago while booking a trip for a friend.

I know it’s hard to believe, but not all people blog and post all day long. I have been in the CC, points, miles, and loopholes business for years. I just don't post much, because I don't like to share my gold (btw, I have many, much better secrets that I will not share and have never seen discussed anywhere even in codes. DO NO PM ME). I just happen to share this one since its very relevant to this crowd. TLV. I have the same handle on FT and TC.

I am not some “noob” wanting attention.

I never mentioned it was a FD. 99% of people would not have known what it was, were it not for people who KNEW it was a FD, saying so. But for the 1% who knew it was FD, it was a great opportunity.

There are TONS of blogs about FD including FT, and if it was so common for these horror stories to happen, FD would not still be used. The bottom line is that it does “not” happen. Only rarely. Like Ultimate Rewards being confiscated. Sure it happens to some people, but there is generally some other underlying reason. Airlines know there are loopholes in their system. And they generally let it go unless you do something else to draw their attention.

And it’s not even that super risky. You are only saving $415. For those that do these "slick deals" they know there are risks and if you are really traveling on your last dollar, you do not book FD.

And my clues were meant to be avoid search engines, not human eyes. I suspected that anyone who knows about FD would be able to figure them out. Other would have no clue of how to put all the clues together, were it NOT for the folks writing FD FD FD FD all over the place. Especially that you needed to add an X.

And also, every week there are regular deals to TLV that are cheaper than this. This was not some kind of $100 Holy Grail FD.

And also, I did request to have this thread removed last night. But it’s still here.

Offline Centro

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 26, 2015, 03:14:06 PM »
There should be a BBC code for whispering.

Offline Dr Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 26, 2015, 03:17:35 PM »

And also, I did request to have this thread removed last night. But it’s still here.
it's too late now, I have too many posts in this thread for it to get deleted

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 26, 2015, 03:20:42 PM »
I found it a few months ago while booking a trip for a friend.

I know it’s hard to believe, but not all people blog and post all day long. I have been in the CC, points, miles, and loopholes business for years. I just don't post much, because I don't like to share my gold (btw, I have many, much better secrets that I will not share and have never seen discussed anywhere even in codes. DO NO PM ME). I just happen to share this one since its very relevant to this crowd. TLV. I have the same handle on FT and TC.

I am not some “noob” wanting attention.

I never mentioned it was a FD. 99% of people would not have known what it was, were it not for people who KNEW it was a FD, saying so. But for the 1% who knew it was FD, it was a great opportunity.

There are TONS of blogs about FD including FT, and if it was so common for these horror stories to happen, FD would not still be used. The bottom line is that it does “not” happen. Only rarely. Like Ultimate Rewards being confiscated. Sure it happens to some people, but there is generally some other underlying reason. Airlines know there are loopholes in their system. And they generally let it go unless you do something else to draw their attention.

And it’s not even that super risky. You are only saving $415. For those that do these "slick deals" they know there are risks and if you are really traveling on your last dollar, you do not book FD.

And my clues were meant to be avoid search engines, not human eyes. I suspected that anyone who knows about FD would be able to figure them out. Other would have no clue of how to put all the clues together, were it NOT for the folks writing FD FD FD FD all over the place. Especially that you needed to add an X.

And also, every week there are regular deals to TLV that are cheaper than this. This was not some kind of $100 Holy Grail FD.

Just in the last week two low posting high caliber members show up. Can we talk?  :)

Offline hokiegl

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 26, 2015, 03:21:04 PM »
As far as the whole "killing" it nonsense. Lets say that 1000 people out there knew about this and 25% of them were going to book tickets. So that is 250 possible groups of people that would have taken advantage of this in the next year.
On the other hand, now that its "public" and some other 400 people see this deal and book it and use it before it gets killed.

So its 250 veteran users vs 400 noobs. I just feel like a lot of this is greed.

Offline Dr Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 26, 2015, 03:21:41 PM »