Topic Wiki

For starters:
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

Link to "Trick-it" thread on FT, Good Luck!

Booking: "Airline's own site is usually best. It just simply won't work there most of the time, hence the need for OTAs. And some of the smaller OTAs have employees doing manual checks of their tickets, so gotta be cautious there, too." (Moishebatchy)

See, this is precisely why booking FD's is NOT for the unwashed masses!!!

Here, let me make this nice and clear for you: when booking a FD, you CANNOT call the airline for ANY reason. You cannot call to add an infant, you cannot call to order kosher meals, you cannot call to request seats, you cannot even call to check if your flight is running on time!!!! No human eye (belonging to an airline employee) can ever see your ticket, period. If it cannot be done online, then you cannot do it at all. The risk is too great. Capische?

Oh, and as far as changes/cancellations are concerned... YOU CANNOT CANCEL A FUEL DUMP TICKET. EVER. Even if it's cancel-able online, because online cancellations are often manually reviewed by human auditors. You spent $450 on a cheap ticket to Israel and now your work schedule changed? That's too bad, you're gonna have to eat the $450 loss and let your ticket go into the garbage. If you try to cancel, your greed in saving $450 can trigger the cancellation of tens of thousands of dollars of other people's fuel-dumped tickets. Think I'm exaggerating? I've seen it happen with my own eyes.

NOW do you people understand what I mean by the "dark side of FD"?!

And NOW do you see why we don't like when the newbie, "gimme a cheap ticket to Israel!!!!" crowd gets a hold of these?! Let me tell you, when someone from that crowd gets a hold of these fares and books his family of 10 people for $4,500 total, and then they have to cancel the trip for some reason, I GUARANTEE you he will not resist the temptation to cancel and get his $4,500 back. He WILL cancel to get his money back, and he WILL get the dump killed for many other people. And THAT is a big part of why veterans don't like it when newbies get their hands on this stuff.

« Last edited by shoobi on August 31, 2015, 10:16:13 PM »

Author Topic: Trick-It Master Thread  (Read 186289 times)

Offline benjie1305

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: Trick-It Master Thread
« Reply #380 on: August 27, 2015, 05:42:09 PM »
Having a thread where Batchy, Mesh and CM are all active and have their game face on is quite entertaining.  (Ill credit the topic for being interesting on its own as well.)
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline shimino1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 27, 2015, 05:50:14 PM »
So just to be clear:
I need to call the airline to add an infant. Right?

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 27, 2015, 05:52:38 PM »
Take the OP. Stop drinking and start swearing. Add HC, 52% savings so far.
This is the only part I can do thus far.
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline KidOOO

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 27, 2015, 05:53:42 PM »
So just to be clear:
I need to call the airline to add an infant. Right?

No, the infant must call himself so they can verify his not over 2 yo

Offline shimino1

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 27, 2015, 06:00:38 PM »
No, the infant must call himself so they can verify his not over 2 yo
Really scary story! I ounce called and pretended to be the infant and for some reason they transferred me to the fraud department.

They made me answer a ton of questions like what my favorite baby food was? What pacifier company do I usually buy on my cc? etc'

By the time they approved the ticket I was sweating buckets and needed a cold shower!!!

Offline shoobi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 27, 2015, 06:03:19 PM »
Really scary story! I ounce called and pretended to be the infant and for some reason they transferred me to the fraud department.

They made me answer a ton of questions like what my favorite baby food was? What pacifier company do I usually buy on my cc? etc'

By the time they approved the ticket I was sweating buckets and needed a cold shower!!!

I hope u were flying EK F  :P

Offline Dr Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 27, 2015, 06:06:50 PM »

I call BS

Offline shimino1

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 27, 2015, 06:08:01 PM »
I hope u were flying EK F  :P
I was but because they thought I was only 18 months old they said the shower wasn't safe for me and I had to use the sink instead!

Offline shimino1

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 27, 2015, 06:10:06 PM »
I call BS
DON'T CALL ANYONE!!! especially not BS!
IT RUINS IT FOR EVERYONE!!!

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 27, 2015, 06:12:12 PM »
So is anyone going to post any good FD's? I see many members here know how to find them. The same members that rag on me anytime time I try the less is more angle. I would start a name that hypocrite thread but it would crash the site.  :)
Oooh ooooh, please do.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline creditor

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 27, 2015, 06:45:36 PM »
Lets talk about food ( isn't this whole thing about keeping a low-fat diet ? :)  )

•This amazing dinner is also available if you decide to eat your main course with some other friends more up west ( and North of-course ) not just Anthony, but then the main course will most probably have to be served on a different ''plate'' made by different companies but some similar design.

•If you decide to start your meal over there, you'll end up paying much much less for the over all menu but there's a downside too, main course will end up too big to consume at once. But who knows maybe they'll even let you take a very very big break in the middle so you get to enjoy it for an extended period.

•Currently there's a generous selection for ''dessert'' ; make sure to choose the cheapest one and such that you'll always be able to say ''Oh I'm definitely planning on enjoying that dessert''    that's why I personally would choose to have some soda for dessert rather than some batter-dipped-lolly-pops on which the waiter can always say ''hey, you weren't just planning to have that for desert anyway'' and cancel your whole order.

•There's a handful of restaurants that will sell you this type of dinner but make sure you only go to the biggest/famous possible; perhaps you can save a few bucks by going to a small one but they'll be too nosey with your meal and prepare it very slowly and manually VS automatically and smoothly. They're also not bound by any Health Dep rules in case something goes sour along the meal.

•If you're planning on taking along your infant for dinner, you got a big big problem, waiters are known to roll their eyes when you make a separate request for baby food, and will reject your order all-together. just get your little one a regular main course; too bad he'll have to swallow it.

The wiki warning is great although I personally would choose a different wording on some of the points. but as he says, you better make sure you don't talk to no one, not the restaurant not the waiters, to no one!!

Wiki-OP forgot to mention that you'd be much better off if you do online check-in especially when there's a schedule change!!

Also, always be prepared to answer why the heck you chose such strange dessert when your main course is of total different style, let alone timing + places!!

Last but not least, ask your Rav if that sort of meal is 100% kosher, we're approaching R''H after all.

There's more to say but I'm not ready for a beating ...

ETA: Oh and there's no point of posting how much you ended up paying, these posts are what usually kill these type of deals. See, sometimes it'll cost them too much to fix their menu up and they'll leave it but if they see an increasing trend, they'll shut it down. Just eat and go home, no one is interested how much you paid ( openly at least )
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:04:19 PM by creditor »
I'm just say'in©®

Offline Chapshnell

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #391 on: August 27, 2015, 06:55:42 PM »
Harlem west can sometimes become in a matter of hours disputed territory which when it turns back into Harlem west you may need to pickup a yellow long fruit and take it as a companion to the north west side of a coffee making island.

first post about such a thing.. hope this even makes half sense

Offline Dr Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 27, 2015, 07:01:39 PM »
Lets talk about food ( isn't this whole thing about keeping a low-fat diet ? :)  )

•This amazing dinner is also available if you decide to eat your main course with some other friends more up west ( and North of-course ) not just Anthony, but then the main course will most probably have to be served on a different ''plate'' made by different companies but some similar design.

•If you decide to start your meal over there, you'll end up paying much much less for the over all menu but there's a downside too, main course will end up too big to consume at once. But who knows maybe they'll even let you take a very very big break in the middle so you get to enjoy it for an extended period.

•Currently there's a generous selection for ''dessert'' ; make sure to choose the cheapest one and such that you'll always be able to say ''Oh I'm definitely planning on enjoying that dessert''    that's why I personally would choose to have some soda for dessert rather than some batter-dipped-lolly-pops on which the waiter can always say ''hey, you weren't just planning to have that for desert anyway'' and cancel your whole order.

•There's a handful of restaurants that will sell you this type of dinner but make sure you only go to the biggest/famous possible; perhaps you can save a few bucks by going to a small one but they'll be too nosey with your meal and prepare it very slowly and manually VS automatically and smoothly. They're also not bound by any Health Dep rules in case something goes sour along the meal.

•If you're planning on taking along your infant for dinner, you got a big big problem, waiters are known to roll their eyes when you make a separate request for baby food, and will reject your order all-together. just get your little one a regular main course; too bad he'll have to swallow it.

The wiki warning is great although I personally would choose a different wording on some of the points. but as he says, you better make sure you don't talk to no one, not the restaurant not the waiters, to no one!!

Wiki-OP forgot to mention that you'd be much better off if you do online check-in especially when there's a schedule change!!

Also, always be prepared to answer why the heck you chose such strange dessert when your main course is of total different style, let alone timing + places!!

Last but not least, ask your Rav if that sort of meal is 100% kosher, we're approaching R''H after all.

very well written, thank you.

Offline creditor

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 27, 2015, 07:06:40 PM »
Harlem west can sometimes become in a matter of hours disputed territory which when it turns back into Harlem west you may need to pickup a yellow long fruit and take it as a companion to the north west side of a coffee making island.

first post about such a thing.. hope this even makes half sense
Half sense, yeah. but your post can be confusing to fellas who usually use harlem for s/t else
I'm just say'in©®

Offline elit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 27, 2015, 07:30:35 PM »
Finally caught up on this thread and I must say I completely agree with this-
It is a balancing act and always will be. I said earlier everyone is trying to protect what is important to them. The problem is they don't respect what is important to others. IIRC there was once a thread that listed how and when all CC's could be churned. This would be extremely helpful to the n00bs like myself. It was removed because someone was trying to protect their turf. We can demonize and name call those who think less is more or we can try and help each other without killing everything that is out there.
I have been on ddf basically since it's inception and have seen this fight so many times and is funny how as ppl move up the totem pole they change. ..
Bottom line is there are arguments for both success and the extreme yelling and screaming comes from selfishness and elitist attitude...

Offline Chapshnell

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #395 on: August 27, 2015, 07:37:14 PM »
Jints with a mix of a hotel that will probably change their name soon can become marco polos previous trip if you take a shortened submarine.

Im done with this. Lol

Offline MosheD

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 27, 2015, 08:25:55 PM »

•Currently there's a generous selection for ''dessert'' ; I personally would choose to have some soda for dessert rather than some batter-dipped-lolly-pops on which the waiter can always say ''hey, you weren't just planning to have that for desert anyway'' and cancel your whole order.

ETA: Oh and there's no point of posting how much you ended up paying, these posts are what usually kill these type of deals. See, sometimes it'll cost them too much to fix their menu up and they'll leave it but if they see an increasing trend, they'll shut it down. Just eat and go home, no one is interested how much you paid ( openly at least )

Over half of this Mb already said not in code and it just makes your post more confusing. (possibly your intent)

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 27, 2015, 08:43:23 PM »

Finally caught up on this thread and I must say I completely agree with this-I have been on ddf basically since it's inception and have seen this fight so many times and is funny how as ppl move up the totem pole they change. ..
Bottom line is there are arguments for both success and the extreme yelling and screaming comes from selfishness and elitist attitude...
Well said, and that elitist attitude translates, into people posting here just to spite others here, that aren't well versed in the fuel dump topic.
Now, I haven't quite figured this whole thing out, so I can't be certain that what some are posting is full BS, or actually real info., but my gut feeling is that people are just trying to play with others minds with all this stuff.
And yes I know the point is to talk in code, so it shouldn't be spelled out all clearly, but sometimes one can tell from the attitude, and style of writing if its a load of crap, or actual help.
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 27, 2015, 08:44:43 PM »
Honestly now.  How long did it take you to think up and write this post? Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #399 on: August 27, 2015, 08:56:24 PM »

I salute you, sir. Most intelligent and informative post I've seen all day. :)