Topic Wiki

For starters:
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

Link to "Trick-it" thread on FT, Good Luck!

Booking: "Airline's own site is usually best. It just simply won't work there most of the time, hence the need for OTAs. And some of the smaller OTAs have employees doing manual checks of their tickets, so gotta be cautious there, too." (Moishebatchy)

See, this is precisely why booking FD's is NOT for the unwashed masses!!!

Here, let me make this nice and clear for you: when booking a FD, you CANNOT call the airline for ANY reason. You cannot call to add an infant, you cannot call to order kosher meals, you cannot call to request seats, you cannot even call to check if your flight is running on time!!!! No human eye (belonging to an airline employee) can ever see your ticket, period. If it cannot be done online, then you cannot do it at all. The risk is too great. Capische?

Oh, and as far as changes/cancellations are concerned... YOU CANNOT CANCEL A FUEL DUMP TICKET. EVER. Even if it's cancel-able online, because online cancellations are often manually reviewed by human auditors. You spent $450 on a cheap ticket to Israel and now your work schedule changed? That's too bad, you're gonna have to eat the $450 loss and let your ticket go into the garbage. If you try to cancel, your greed in saving $450 can trigger the cancellation of tens of thousands of dollars of other people's fuel-dumped tickets. Think I'm exaggerating? I've seen it happen with my own eyes.

NOW do you people understand what I mean by the "dark side of FD"?!

And NOW do you see why we don't like when the newbie, "gimme a cheap ticket to Israel!!!!" crowd gets a hold of these?! Let me tell you, when someone from that crowd gets a hold of these fares and books his family of 10 people for $4,500 total, and then they have to cancel the trip for some reason, I GUARANTEE you he will not resist the temptation to cancel and get his $4,500 back. He WILL cancel to get his money back, and he WILL get the dump killed for many other people. And THAT is a big part of why veterans don't like it when newbies get their hands on this stuff.

« Last edited by shoobi on August 31, 2015, 10:16:13 PM »

Author Topic: Trick-It Master Thread  (Read 186304 times)

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
Re: Trick-It Master Thread
« Reply #420 on: August 28, 2015, 10:57:42 AM »
Why?
Is it august 28 2016?
Because this thread was created august 25 2015.
If people don't understand the problem with sharing this on ddf that in itself is a red flag by me.
LOL we're living in a world of instant results. News from an hour ago is old news.

Offline ADG

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 28, 2015, 11:03:21 AM »
Lets talk about food ( isn't this whole thing about keeping a low-fat diet ? :)  )

•This amazing dinner is also available if you decide to eat your main course with some other friends more up west ( and North of-course ) not just Anthony, but then the main course will most probably have to be served on a different ''plate'' made by different companies but some similar design.

•If you decide to start your meal over there, you'll end up paying much much less for the over all menu but there's a downside too, main course will end up too big to consume at once. But who knows maybe they'll even let you take a very very big break in the middle so you get to enjoy it for an extended period.

•Currently there's a generous selection for ''dessert'' ; make sure to choose the cheapest one and such that you'll always be able to say ''Oh I'm definitely planning on enjoying that dessert''    that's why I personally would choose to have some soda for dessert rather than some batter-dipped-lolly-pops on which the waiter can always say ''hey, you weren't just planning to have that for desert anyway'' and cancel your whole order.

•There's a handful of restaurants that will sell you this type of dinner but make sure you only go to the biggest/famous possible; perhaps you can save a few bucks by going to a small one but they'll be too nosey with your meal and prepare it very slowly and manually VS automatically and smoothly. They're also not bound by any Health Dep rules in case something goes sour along the meal.

•If you're planning on taking along your infant for dinner, you got a big big problem, waiters are known to roll their eyes when you make a separate request for baby food, and will reject your order all-together. just get your little one a regular main course; too bad he'll have to swallow it.

The wiki warning is great although I personally would choose a different wording on some of the points. but as he says, you better make sure you don't talk to no one, not the restaurant not the waiters, to no one!!

Wiki-OP forgot to mention that you'd be much better off if you do online check-in especially when there's a schedule change!!

Also, always be prepared to answer why the heck you chose such strange dessert when your main course is of total different style, let alone timing + places!!

Last but not least, ask your Rav if that sort of meal is 100% kosher, we're approaching R''H after all.

There's more to say but I'm not ready for a beating ...

ETA: Oh and there's no point of posting how much you ended up paying, these posts are what usually kill these type of deals. See, sometimes it'll cost them too much to fix their menu up and they'll leave it but if they see an increasing trend, they'll shut it down. Just eat and go home, no one is interested how much you paid ( openly at least )

Can we eat in the f booth?
Does dinner need to be from the same restaurant as desert, or is it better when it isnt?
Can you give some recommendations and where to find a good desert?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 11:08:05 AM by ADG »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #422 on: August 28, 2015, 11:05:21 AM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline KidOOO

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 28, 2015, 11:07:58 AM »

If people don't understand the problem with sharing this on ddf that in itself is a red flag by me.

Do you think the FT thread should be shut down as well?

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 28, 2015, 11:09:37 AM »
Lou PM
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #425 on: August 28, 2015, 11:10:04 AM »

Mesh gave permission to post his family photo??
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Myccrabbi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 28, 2015, 11:11:44 AM »
Do you think the FT thread should be shut down as well?
The ft thread has been running for years and the people there are different kind of people then ddf'ers.
People! Com'on! This is no rocket science.
If u work for a living, why kill urself working?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #427 on: August 28, 2015, 11:12:18 AM »
Mesh gave permission to post his family photo??
No women with shaved heads that I can see there ;)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline KidOOO

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 28, 2015, 11:15:57 AM »
The ft thread has been running for years and the people there are different kind of people then ddf'ers.

Exactly.

Do you think their thread was perfect on day one?

FT has those "kind of people" as well, they simply don't bother with that thread because is too much work. I don't see why it would be any different here

Offline YOSEF

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 28, 2015, 11:39:54 AM »
If you're trying to outdo someone's overall meal decision, dessert needs to be 2 things:
The menu needs to allow it to be added. Restaurants won't sell you just any dessert.
The dessert needs to be cheaper than his dessert. Search for his dessert ala carte and then try searching for your drssert ala carte. If your's is cheaper, then you can try and add it to your meal plan, but it might not be allowed. If all desserts you find are more, chances are you won't do better.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #430 on: August 28, 2015, 11:42:53 AM »
No women with shaved heads that I can see there ;)
:D
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline ADG

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 28, 2015, 11:49:12 AM »
If you're trying to outdo someone's overall meal decision, dessert needs to be 2 things:
The menu needs to allow it to be added. Restaurants won't sell you just any dessert.
The dessert needs to be cheaper than his dessert. Search for his dessert ala carte and then try searching for your drssert ala carte. If your's is cheaper, then you can try and add it to your meal plan, but it might not be allowed. If all desserts you find are more, chances are you won't do better.
What is the strategy to find deserts ? I know the ice cream must be near the cake but nothing else...

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 28, 2015, 12:12:42 PM »
This thread just keeps on getting better. I wonder what happen if some juicy 3x's were post to work for the mother land?  :)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 28, 2015, 12:14:48 PM »
Hey--You sure you want a desert and not a dessert?
It probably will make a difference if we are eating our meal in a desert or up north where it is freezing.

Desserts are yummy so we want two 's'es.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:20:17 PM by srap »

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #434 on: August 28, 2015, 12:28:47 PM »
Anybody care to share exactly why these fares are nonrefundable in any way? Is it a technical matter, that they'll see it and not like what you did and not refund you? Or is it a "a don't mess it up" feature because if someone in the airline looks it up the flight path may be shut down?I'm assuming the latter-and not that it matters, i'm just trying to understand the process.

Offline Dr Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 28, 2015, 12:34:08 PM »
the latter

Offline lunatic

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 28, 2015, 12:35:05 PM »
Anybody care to share exactly why these fares are nonrefundable in any way? Is it a technical matter, that they'll see it and not like what you did and not refund you? Or is it a "a don't mess it up" feature because if someone in the airline looks it up the flight path may be shut down?I'm assuming the latter-and not that it matters, i'm just trying to understand the process.
Look at moishe batchy rants upthread

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 28, 2015, 12:37:41 PM »
the latter
Ok got it.
Look at moishe batchy rants upthread
Ya I read all those just I wasn't clear about this point.

Offline Dr Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 28, 2015, 12:38:04 PM »
then you must've not read it in its entirety.

Offline Ydad

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 28, 2015, 12:38:36 PM »

Look at moishe batchy rants upthread or in the wiki
FTFY