Author Topic: Tasters Choice (Split From Pictures Thread)  (Read 20040 times)

Offline clear thinker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Tasters Choice (Split From Pictures Thread)
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2015, 11:23:48 AM »
Just living up to your user name
My username is living up to me....

Offline snapit

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2015, 11:25:18 AM »
My username is living up to me....
... The chicken or the egg?

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2015, 11:25:23 AM »
they probably will if it doesnt get resolved, why does it bother anyone if they try to get it off?
Does anyone seem bothered? Some people just find it strange (as in the name of the thread) so they are discussing it.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2015, 11:28:15 AM »
they probably will if it doesnt get resolved, why does it bother anyone if they try to get it off?
At the end of the day you are dealing with goyim who would consider this to be a picture of a fully dressed woman. There is no chance that calling them about this will work in the current environment. If people call about such a picture they will be laughed off when they call about something much worse. If you think into it you will realize that it is ridiculous to expect a non Jewish company to fully comply with Jewish standards to the extent that even trying well look like trying to impose yourself on them more than making a nice request. What clearly makes the most sense here is to just cover it over and keep quiet.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2015, 11:29:42 AM »
Excuse my ignorance but someone who has a hard time looking at a picture of a fully dressed woman who just has her elbows uncovered, does he just not go outside ever?
While I personally don't find it to be an issue (nor would I even notice it), and in fact I believe it may be a tad excessive, i understand that others' opinions and sensitives carry weight as well and if they don't like it that's fine. Why does it BOTHER YOU that they did this? Why do you care? Most likely because when people perceive others being more "religious" than them they consider those people "crazies" but when they're less religious than them "we can't judge".
I fail to understand why you (and many others) can't judge anyone but people more stringent or "extreme" then you.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2015, 11:31:36 AM »
The issue is not with them not wanting the picture but with the attempt to impose that opinion on others.

Offline Freddie

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2015, 11:33:09 AM »
While I personally don't find it to be an issue (nor would I even notice it), and in fact I believe it may be a tad excessive, i understand that others' opinions and sensitives carry weight as well and if they don't like it that's fine. Why does it BOTHER YOU that they did this? Why do you care? Most likely because when people perceive others being more "religious" than them they consider those people "crazies" but when they're less religious than them "we can't judge".
I fail to understand why you (and many others) can't judge anyone but people more stringent or "extreme" then you.
I think you are less religious for not keeping cholov Yisroel.
Just trying to make you happy.

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2015, 11:35:18 AM »
At the end of the day you are dealing with goyim who would consider this to be a picture of a fully dressed woman. There is no chance that calling them about this will work in the current environment. If people call about such a picture they will be laughed off when they call about something much worse. If you think into it you will realize that it is ridiculous to expect a non Jewish company to fully comply with Jewish standards to the extent that even trying well look like trying to impose yourself on them more than making a nice request. What clearly makes the most sense here is to just cover it over and keep quiet.
I don't think anybody is expecting them to take it off and neither are they planning a massive protest (afaik).
They're just trying hard.
You have to understand these are families that work really hard on the chinuch of their kids (if you agree or don't with they're chinuch) as mentioned upthread there are no pics of ladies (even of frum and fully tzniusdeg) in their magazines or anything of the sort they try to avoid Manhattan at all costs (which we can all understand) and for them every "breach" of anything of this sort sets them back really hard chinuch work.  So they're just trying to take it off.
What's sooooo wrong??
Why is it soooo hard to understand?

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2015, 11:35:30 AM »
The issue is not with them not wanting the picture but with the attempt to impose that opinion on others.
Impose on others? They ask people to call. If you don't agree, don't call. I don't think it's such a big deal, so I won't call and that's that. That's far from an imposition. When they establish a ban that no frum jew may allow this coffee into his house then we'll talk.

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2015, 11:37:46 AM »
Wrong! They're not "imposing" they're just asking nicely.
"Imposing" is what's done in Jerusalem on Shabbos and other occasions.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2015, 11:40:07 AM »
I don't think anybody is expecting them to take it off and neither are they planning a massive protest (afaik).
They're just trying hard.
You have to understand these are families that work really hard on the chinuch of their kids (if you agree or don't with they're chinuch) as mentioned upthread there are no pics of ladies (even of frum and fully tzniusdeg) in their magazines or anything of the sort they try to avoid Manhattan at all costs (which we can all understand) and for them every "breach" of anything of this sort sets them back really hard chinuch work.  So they're just trying to take it off.
What's sooooo wrong??
Why is it soooo hard to understand?
They are teaching them that it is the responsibility of goyim to help them keep to their standards?

Impose on others? They ask people to call. If you don't agree, don't call. I don't think it's such a big deal, so I won't call and that's that. That's far from an imposition. When they establish a ban that no frum jew may allow this coffee into his house then we'll talk.
::) Imposing on the goyish company ???

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2015, 11:42:44 AM »

If you think into it you will realize that it is ridiculous to expect a non Jewish company to fully comply with Jewish standards to the extent that even trying well look like trying to impose yourself on them more than making a nice request. What clearly makes the most sense here is to just cover it over and keep quiet.

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2015, 11:43:14 AM »
They are teaching them that it is the responsibility of goyim to help them keep to their standards?

::) Imposing on the goyish company ???
I sense a circle.

Offline Aaaron

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2015, 11:43:19 AM »

Lol. Asking a non-Jewish company to comply with your religious standards is certainly an imposition.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2015, 11:44:35 AM »
Did you hear me, or anyone else, day it bothers? We are trying to understand what's happening, that's all...

Does anyone seem bothered? Some people just find it strange (as in the name of the thread) so they are discussing it.

Offline Centro

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2015, 11:48:21 AM »

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2015, 11:48:44 AM »
Lol. Asking a non-Jewish company to comply with your religious standards is certainly an imposition.
A consumer asking a company nicely to make the customer happy isn't imposing.
Dan asking everyone to leave feedback for the new united.com site isn't imposing!
Asking a hotel to upgrade you to a better room isn't imposing!
The list goes on....
(Most) Companies have a special department to listen to feedback to make the "customer more happy"!
After all they are customers.

Offline Aaaron

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2015, 11:51:56 AM »
A consumer asking a company nicely to make the customer happy isn't imposing.
Dan asking everyone to leave feedback for the new united.com site isn't imposing!
Asking a hotel to upgrade you to a better room isn't imposing!
The list goes on....
(Most) Companies have a special department to listen to feedback to make the "customer more happy"!
After all they are customers.

Asking a company to reprint thousands (or more) labels because it doesn't meet your religious standards is an imposition! Whether you - as a customer - feels the right to impose your views on the company is another matter, but to pretend it's not an imposition is disingenuous.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2015, 11:54:04 AM »
It most certainly is not. It is a customer expressing his wish that a product be better tailored to his wishes. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2015, 11:54:55 AM »
Did you hear me, or anyone else, day it bothers? We are trying to understand what's happening, that's all...
Looks pretty "bothered" to me:

Excuse my ignorance but someone who has a hard time looking at a picture of a fully dressed woman who just has her elbows uncovered, does he just not go outside ever?

It's more than that. It's a frightening objectification of women in a sick male dominated society. The women need to escape so they can feel ownership of their bodies and lives.  This is why my maaser money goes to Footsteps.

If this picture distracted someone in any way before the whole shturem, they may have more issues than just time management

It is a stupidity.

There are sick people in the world.

Regarding the Yiddish ad... Do these people have nothing better to do to make a contribution to this world? Besides, what kind of a perv even notices such a thing?!