Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3830799 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #10500 on: January 26, 2017, 12:36:56 AM »
Anyone at the National Park that is intentionally defying their bosses' orders should be fired immediately.
It is not that simple because we are talking about government workers that have protections. The last thing we want is a dictatorship.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10501 on: January 26, 2017, 12:45:36 AM »
I have good goalposts to use. Let's count how many sunny days there are during each presidency.
So you think how many sunny days has the same effect as the presidents trade and tax policies on the market? Very intelligent thinking on your part. Do you use the same thinking for all your posts here because that would explain a lot of them.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Cheesecake

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10502 on: January 26, 2017, 01:45:10 AM »
This is why you need goalposts. Market crashes tomorrow and some will say it was in the making. Others will say it is because the market is afraid of Trunps "America first" restrictive trade policy. Others will have their own reasons. You need some benchmark unless the only thing you are looking to do is argue.

Market goes up 20% in the next six months. Some will say it was still a carryover from Obamas policies. Others will say it is because Trumps policies. This goes on forever.

Give me a benchmark to use!  >:( :)
So we can pretend to know the cause when we likely don't?

No thanks.

Offline Cheesecake

• View Profile
« Reply #10503 on: January 26, 2017, 01:49:33 AM »
So you think how many sunny days has the same effect as the presidents trade and tax policies on the market? Very intelligent thinking on your part. Do you use the same thinking for all your posts here because that would explain a lot of them.
You are being illogical. Just because a president's policies can affect the market doesn't mean it did in any given circumstance, because other factors also have a large effect.

So using "goalposts" as your guide will often lead to false conclusions.

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #10504 on: January 26, 2017, 02:09:22 AM »
It is not that simple because we are talking about government workers that have protections. The last thing we want is a dictatorship.

Govt workers have protections that allow them to express their personal views without facing negative repercussions at work.  Those apply when tweeting from their own, personal twitter account, not when tweeting in an official capacity from a govt twitter account.

I am not a lawyer and the above may not be accurate, but it certainly should be so.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10505 on: January 26, 2017, 02:19:29 AM »

Dictatorship? Hyperbole much?

Here's what the NY Times has to say:
"The Trump administration has ordered a freeze on federal grant spending at several government agencies, from the Environmental Protection Agency to the Department of Health and Human Services...Longtime employees at three of the agencies — including some career environmental regulators who conceded that they remained worried about what President Trump might do on policy matters — said such orders were not much different from those delivered by the Obama administration as it shifted policies from the departing White House of George W. Bush. They called reactions to the agency memos overblown."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/us/politics/some-agencies-told-to-halt-communications-as-trump-administration-moves-in.html

Good thing our holy press makes sure to spend a day or 2 discussing this fake news.
Visibly Jewish

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10506 on: January 26, 2017, 03:42:53 AM »
You are being illogical. Just because a president's policies can affect the market doesn't mean it did in any given circumstance, because other factors also have a large effect.

So using "goalposts" as your guide will often lead to false conclusions.
False conclusions are from using numbers that are only in your favor which many here do all the time. The new name is "alternative" numbers. You want to complain about this and about that. Give me a benchmark you want to use. If you don't have one then no need to respond.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10507 on: January 26, 2017, 03:46:46 AM »
Dictatorship? Hyperbole much?
Actually not all. Government employees get fired/suspended all the time when someone higher up thinks they have power they don't. You know what happens in a lot of these cases? They get reinstated with full back pay.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #10508 on: January 26, 2017, 07:52:15 AM »
Actually not all. Government employees get fired/suspended all the time when someone higher up thinks they have power they don't. You know what happens in a lot of these cases? They get reinstated with full back pay.

I didn't ask about firing and back pay, though I would guess that public insubordination would be grounds for dismissal. You haven't explained the dictatorship part at all.
Visibly Jewish

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #10509 on: January 26, 2017, 07:52:43 AM »
Including when they directly defy the valid directives and policies of their boss? If that is the case then we need new labor laws.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10510 on: January 26, 2017, 07:59:04 AM »
Including when they directly defy the valid directives and policies of their boss? If that is the case then we need new labor laws.
The key word there is "valid". In my field I defy so called valid directivities all the time due to they are IMHO safety issues involved.

Also remember this might be some lower level employee that done this. Maybe he never received the memo.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #10511 on: January 26, 2017, 08:02:09 AM »
The key word there is "valid". In my field I defy so called valid directivities all the time due to they are IMHO safety issues involved.

Also remember this might be some lower level employee that done this. Maybe he never received the memo.

Lol the sole motivation was BECAUSE they received the memo. Don't pretend otherwise.

Now explain again why Trump (administration) is dictator-like for issuing gag orders? Did CNN happen to feed that little nugget to you?
Visibly Jewish

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #10512 on: January 26, 2017, 08:05:44 AM »

There is no question that the President has the right to be setting policy in the executive branch.

Of course if it was a mistake that would be taken into consideration.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #10513 on: January 26, 2017, 08:07:26 AM »
How many times have we heard that we need various policies because of climate change?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10514 on: January 26, 2017, 08:08:47 AM »
Lol the sole motivation was BECAUSE they received the memo. Don't pretend otherwise.

Now explain again why Trump (administration) is dictator-like for issuing gag orders? Did CNN happen to feed that little nugget to you?
You would be shocked how many lower level employees never get the word. Some of this is on purpose as it is a get out of jail free card.

Dictatorship was in reference to be being fired without due process. Can you imagine being by boss?  :)

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10515 on: January 26, 2017, 08:09:44 AM »
How many times have we heard that we need various policies because of climate change?
Lots!!!

Offline Cheesecake

• View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: January 26, 2017, 08:10:42 AM »
False conclusions are from using numbers that are only in your favor which many here do all the time. The new name is "alternative" numbers. You want to complain about this and about that. Give me a benchmark you want to use. If you don't have one then no need to respond.
I think not having a benchmark is better than having an unreliable one.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: January 26, 2017, 08:13:32 AM »
I think no benchmark is better than an unreliable one.
So when you have no benchmark then you can fudge the numbers any way you want to. Sounds like right up your alley.  :P :)

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: January 26, 2017, 08:16:28 AM »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQLbakWESkw&list=PLuKg-WhduhkksJoqkj9aJEnN7v0mx8yxC

Offline Cheesecake

• View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: January 26, 2017, 08:17:15 AM »
So when you have no benchmark then you can fudge the numbers any way you want to. Sounds like right up your alley.  :)
If you have no benchmark, then there are no numbers to fudge.

If you have benchmarks with asterisks, you have a chance at accurate analysis, but yes, it is subject to bias.

Having immovable benchmarks (goalposts) would be great for betting, but not for accurate analysis.