Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3848919 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #10700 on: January 31, 2017, 11:17:57 PM »
Paging @exgingi
Here

I have already expressed my opinion that this thread should be closed.

Once Hillary was defeated, it is fait accompli. My persistent reference to SCOTUS during the campaign cycle, was geared only towards those whose votes could make a difference. I did not vote, and all of the post election discussions of Trump are a waste of time, as there's absolutely no potential for any influence coming from here, one way or another.

We are living in unprecedented times. I don't think anyone knows how things will pan out. I am taking a wait and see approach, before I will make my own call on whether Trump turns out good or bad for the country (and for the Jews, which is ultimately what counts).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 11:36:53 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10701 on: February 01, 2017, 12:17:04 AM »
...before I will make my own call on whether Trump turns out good or bad for the country (and for the Jews, which is ultimately what counts).
So that removes the elephant in the room.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10702 on: February 01, 2017, 02:05:22 AM »
IMHO that is a smokescreen. They scared as h*ll that Bannon is included.

Around here that would MSM and liberals all lumped together.
Or it may be a way to scare our adversaries that we've got SCARY steve Bannon deciding when we go to war

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #10703 on: February 01, 2017, 07:26:49 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/31/politics/donald-trump-supreme-court-announcement/index.html

Wonderful!

"If it was a night to savor for the GOP, it was a bitter one for Democrats.

This could have been the moment when a President Hillary Clinton unveiled the nomination for Supreme Court justice that would have the potential to tilt the bench towards liberals for a generation."
-- Dan

Offline elit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #10705 on: February 01, 2017, 10:33:32 AM »
@ExGingi

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/01/ted-cruz-reportedly-says-nuclear-option-is-on-table-in-supreme-court-pick.html

2:20

Ted Cruz:

"This election was in a very real sense a referendum on this seat."

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #10706 on: February 01, 2017, 02:26:36 PM »
@ExGingi

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/01/ted-cruz-reportedly-says-nuclear-option-is-on-table-in-supreme-court-pick.html

2:20

Ted Cruz:

"This election was in a very real sense a referendum on this seat."
IMHO R's should reserve the nuclear option as a bargaining chip and try to avoid using it. The more the D's will fight and object to this nomination, the worse they can be painted, and that's a good thing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2017/02/01/in-gorsuch-trump-gave-democrats-a-gift-they-should-take-it/?utm_term=.6d417993dea5
-- Dan

Offline aradisc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10707 on: February 01, 2017, 06:07:59 PM »
The more the D's will fight and object to this nomination, the worse they can be painted, and that's a good thing.

If the Dems have learned anything from the past 8 years, and especially the last year, there's no electoral penalty for obstructionism.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #10708 on: February 01, 2017, 10:14:24 PM »
If the Dems have learned anything from the past 8 years, and especially the last year, there's no electoral penalty for obstructionism.
unless that was only because the voters wanted it obstructed or because the dems did a worse job of making the obstruction case to the public than trump may do.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #10709 on: February 02, 2017, 01:12:34 AM »
1) you can't consider the obstruction directly for the outcome of the election. Donald Trump is his own phenomenon.

2) it was the decades of feeling betrayed by politicians and government.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10710 on: February 02, 2017, 02:19:49 AM »
Violent riots by students at Berkeley, as they campaign in full force to get Republicans elected in 2018 and Trump for another 4 years.
https://www.rt.com/usa/376001-milo-yiannopoulos-berkeley-riot-protest/
Visibly Jewish

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #10711 on: February 02, 2017, 07:54:17 AM »
1) you can't consider the obstruction directly for the outcome of the election. Donald Trump is his own phenomenon.

2) it was the decades of feeling betrayed by politicians and government.
It is not only Trump but also the Republican Congress
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #10712 on: February 02, 2017, 08:44:23 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/ACLU?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

"The ACLU is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, legal and advocacy organization devoted to protecting the basic civil liberties of everyone in America."

And yet not one statement protesting one of the worst incidents of suppressing free speech in recent history. How about using some of those millions you just got to sue the hell out of everyone involved in the domestic terrorism at Berkeley?
Visibly Jewish

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #10714 on: February 02, 2017, 09:40:08 AM »
Violent riots by students at Berkeley, as they campaign in full force to get Republicans elected in 2018 and Trump for another 4 years.
https://www.rt.com/usa/376001-milo-yiannopoulos-berkeley-riot-protest/
;D This is great stuff (your own line?).
https://mobile.twitter.com/ACLU?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

"The ACLU is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, legal and advocacy organization devoted to protecting the basic civil liberties of everyone in America."

And yet not one statement protesting one of the worst incidents of suppressing free speech in recent history. How about using some of those millions you just got to sue the hell out of everyone involved in the domestic terrorism at Berkeley?
:o This is not. What does the ACLU have to do with it? Who are they going to take to court and/or defend exactly?

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #10715 on: February 02, 2017, 10:04:51 AM »
;D This is great stuff (your own line?).

Yes, thanks

:o This is not. What does the ACLU have to do with it? Who are they going to take to court and/or defend exactly?

ACLU is an organization devoted to protecting civil liberties, and one of their main focuses has always promoted the protection of free speech- https://www.aclu.org/issues/free-speech

They have not put out 1 statement condemning the suppression of free speech, and they will not sue the people responsible, or the people that allowed it to happen. I'll give you a challenge- spot the cops protecting the victims of domestic terrorism:

Did the mayor really tell them to stand down when rioters are attempting cold blooded murder? Also find it interesting that the university forced Milo to pay for extra security but didn't provide any last night.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 10:11:07 AM by yuneeq »
Visibly Jewish

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #10716 on: February 02, 2017, 10:16:00 AM »
ACLU is an organization devoted to protecting cicil liberties, and one of their main focuses has always promoted the protection of free speech- https://www.aclu.org/issues/free-speech

They have not put out 1 statement condemning the suppression of free speech, and they will not sue the people responsible, or the people that allowed it to happen. I'll give you a challenge- spot the cops protecting the victims of domestic terrorism:

Did the mayor really tell them to stand down when rioters are attempting cold blooded murder? Also find it interesting that the university forced Milo to pay for extra security but didn't provide any last night.
Yeah, they promote the protection of free speech against institutions, or even potentially individuals. But how do you do that against a violent mob? You do it with police doing their jobs, not with the ACLU condemning the protesters.

Not sure what you mean about the mayor - feel free to post more info (unless it's just that one tweet from before the event, that's pretty weak).

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #10717 on: February 02, 2017, 10:36:05 AM »
Yeah, they promote the protection of free speech against institutions, or even potentially individuals. But how do you do that against a violent mob? You do it with police doing their jobs, not with the ACLU condemning the protesters.

Not sure what you mean about the mayor - feel free to post more info (unless it's just that one tweet from before the event, that's pretty weak).

1. They need to make it their goal to identify anyone pictured or videoed last night and sue them
2. You sue the cops or the mayor for standing down. I don't know who called the shots, but it is obvious from any videos that cops were told not step in. Gross negligence, maybe worse.
3. You sue the university for not protecting the free speech rights of Milo and for not protecting the Trump supporters
4. They need to label the Antifa as a hate group

And etc. Last night was a civil rights disaster in so many ways. I know we disagree a lot, but I'm sure JTZ is nodding along right now...
Visibly Jewish

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #10718 on: February 02, 2017, 10:39:43 AM »
1. They need to make it their goal to identify anyone pictured or videoed last night and sue them
2. You sue the cops or the mayor for standing down. I don't know who called the shots, but it is obvious from any videos that cops were told not step in. Gross negligence, maybe worse.
3. You sue the university for not protecting the free speech rights of Milo and for not protecting the Trump supporters
4. They need to label the Antifa as a hate group

And etc. Last night was a civil rights disaster in so many ways. I know we disagree a lot, but I'm sure JTZ is nodding along right now...
This is all nonsense. The police should do their job and that's the end of it. It has nothing to do with civil rights.

And btw, if you think Milo is upset about this, you're nuts. This is such a great outcome for him, probably better than if the event had gone off without a hitch.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10719 on: February 02, 2017, 10:42:08 AM »
It has nothing to do with civil rights.
Bingo!
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(