Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3832347 times)

Offline Boruch999

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #10840 on: February 05, 2017, 11:16:26 AM »
https://moralcompassblog.com/2013/05/03/pew/

The survey found the global median for Muslims opposed to violence in the name of Islam was 72 percent.

Except … well, what about the other 28 percent? There are 1.3 billion Muslims on this planet. If 28 percent of them support violent jihad, that’s 364 million Muslims who condone the murder of apostates, blasphemers, gay people, cartoonists, loose women, and possibly everyone godless enough to attend the Boston marathon.

In the United States, the picture is only marginally better. Eight out of ten U.S. Muslims say it’s not cool to strap a bomb to your chest and kill a bunch of kuffar. But two out of ten say that’s dandy. There are 2.6 million Muslims living in the U.S. … x 19 percent  … Yep, almost half a million of them give suicide bombers a big thumbs-up.

Offline JTZ

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10841 on: February 05, 2017, 11:21:07 AM »

We are not discussing suicide bombers or if you approve or disapprove of what they do. So I will ask again. What percentage of 1.6 - 2 billion Muslims do you feel are terrorist.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: February 05, 2017, 11:22:27 AM »
We are not discussing suicide bombers or if you approve or disapprove of what they do. So I will ask again. What percentage of 1.6 - 2 billion Muslims do you feel are terrorist.

Who decided what we are discussing?  Define terrorist and I'll see if I have a feeling about it.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #10843 on: February 05, 2017, 11:24:21 AM »
Muslims are very peaceful people, especially the highly radicalized ones that plan to murder.
Lets focus on facts.
How many Muslims are there and in your view how many are terrorist or want to kill Americans?
You are both focusing on the wrong thing. It is time for a bit of perspective here. Trump did not ban all Muslims. For that matter he did not ban ANY Muslims. He placed a 90-120 day moratorium on admitting people of any religion coming from 7 countries judged by a previous admiistration to be havens for terrorism. Had there been a country which is a haven for Christian or Buddhist or Jewish terrorism as a threat to the US they would have likely been included as well. Even this measure is only temporary to allow time for a review of procedures. Are the procedure currently in place adequate? Possibly, but that is certainly a judgement call and the new President can and should make a new judgement on it. Making a temporary moratorium is reasonable. On the other hand, some porions of this order were extreme. It probably should not have included those who were already issued visas. It seems that this is the only aspect struck down by the courts as well. The states challenged his ability to provisionally suspend an existing visa. Trump is going to kick and scream over this. By doing so he distracts from the fact that the vast majority is still in place. That may be where he wanted it to end up anyhow.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10844 on: February 05, 2017, 11:26:39 AM »
Who decided what we are discussing?  Define terrorist and I'll see if I have a feeling about it.
I asked a question about one thing and you answered something different.

Terrorism is, in its broadest sense, the use of intentionally indiscriminate violence as a means to create terror or fear, in order to achieve a political, religious, or ideological aim.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10845 on: February 05, 2017, 11:27:45 AM »
You are both focusing on the wrong thing. It is time for a bit of perspective here. Trump did not ban all Muslims. For that matter he did not ban ANY Muslims. He placed a 90-120 day moratorium on admitting people of any religion coming from 7 countries judged by a previous admiistration to be havens for terrorism. Had there been a country which is a haven for Christian or Buddhist or Jewish terrorism as a threat to the US they would have likely been included as well. Even this measure is only temporary to allow time for a review of procedures. Are the procedure currently in place adequate? Possibly, but that is certainly a judgement call and the new President can and should make a new judgement on it. Making a temporary moratorium is reasonable. On the other hand, some porions of this order were extreme. It probably should not have included those who were already issued visas. It seems that this is the only aspect struck down by the courts as well. The states challenged his ability to provisionally suspend an existing visa. Trump is going to kick and scream over this. By doing so he distracts from the fact that the vast majority is still in place. That may be where he wanted it to end up anyhow.
This has nothing to do with what I asked. Leave the ban to the courts.

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #10846 on: February 05, 2017, 11:31:54 AM »
I asked a question about one thing and you answered something different.

Terrorism is, in its broadest sense, the use of intentionally indiscriminate violence as a means to create terror or fear, in order to achieve a political, religious, or ideological aim.

I have no idea what percentage of the world Muslim population have already commited acts of terrorism.

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10847 on: February 05, 2017, 11:32:13 AM »
Anyone see the Sean Spicer bit on SNL? If you didn't you should, best skit in years. I'll bet even Trump laughed at that one!
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #10848 on: February 05, 2017, 11:32:27 AM »
This has nothing to do with what I asked. Leave the ban to the courts.
I understand it has nothing to do with what you asked, that is exactly my point. You have stated that you would rather be discussing the substance of what he does yet when I discuss exactly that you say to leave it to the courts. Instead you want to discuss what percentage of Muslims are terrorists.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10849 on: February 05, 2017, 11:32:37 AM »
I have no idea what percentage of the world Muslim population have already commited acts of terrorism.
Fair enough.

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #10850 on: February 05, 2017, 11:33:32 AM »

So how do you talk about any real issue when the standard response here is you are just spewing the liberal BS?
I want to know how he is going to replace ACA with something better. I want to know how is going to eliminate IS from the face of the earth. I see nothing in his tweets or EO about these serious issues. His tweets are about attacking those that disagree with him.
Honestly never intended on getting into political conversation here, I swore that off About 3 months ago.
If you think my responses to serious inquires on any political topic has been to accuse you of spewing liberal bs you need to look back at my posts in this and other threads.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10851 on: February 05, 2017, 11:36:06 AM »
Instead you want to discuss what percentage of Muslims are terrorists.
Again this was in response to anther comment. If someone makes a comment like this I ask questions to see what they mean instead of assuming.
Muslims are very peaceful people, especially the highly radicalized ones that plan to murder.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10852 on: February 05, 2017, 11:37:31 AM »
Honestly never intended on getting into political conversation here, I swore that off About 3 months ago.
If you think my responses to serious inquires on any political topic has been to accuse you of spewing liberal bs you need to look back at my posts in this and other threads.
I think you would agree I have been fielding questions from all sides. If I have mixed up your posts/comments with someone else's I apologize.

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #10853 on: February 05, 2017, 11:38:34 AM »
I think you would agree I have been fielding questions from all sides. If I have mixed up your posts/comments with someone else's I apologize.
True, carry on

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #10854 on: February 05, 2017, 11:38:46 AM »
Fielding or instigating ? :)

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10855 on: February 05, 2017, 11:41:59 AM »
Fielding or instigating ? :)
We are all passionate about something.  ;)

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #10856 on: February 05, 2017, 11:56:26 AM »
..and you like most here refuse to answer a simple question or call him out on his stupid tweets.
You always deflect so it makes sense that people don't feel compelled to answer your questions

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #10857 on: February 05, 2017, 11:59:19 AM »
So how do you talk about any real issue when the standard response here is you are just spewing the liberal BS?
I want to know how he is going to replace ACA with something better. I want to know how is going to eliminate IS from the face of the earth. I see nothing in his tweets or EO about these serious issues. His tweets are about attacking those that disagree with him.
He's putting together all those things now. He gave the military 30 days to come up with a strong plan how to defeat isis. The Republicans are in middle of crafting an alternative to the ACA.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10858 on: February 05, 2017, 12:06:45 PM »
You always deflect so it makes sense that people don't feel compelled to answer your questions
I always do this and do that. The media always does this and does that. The liberals always do this and do that. Your savior never does anything wrong. I am the one who has my head buried in the sand.  :P

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10859 on: February 05, 2017, 12:08:13 PM »
He's putting together all those things now. He gave the military 30 days to come up with a strong plan how to defeat isis.
Why did he say during the campaign that he had a plan? Is his plan no good now.  :)