Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3842905 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #10960 on: February 07, 2017, 02:36:45 PM »
On vacation so pardon me for my ignorance, but does reporting mean:

"Man stabs 3 in pizza shop altercation"
Or does it need to be:
"ISIS inspired terrorist stabs 3 in local pizza shop"

My guess is that MSM believes in the former while the WH believes the latter.
Was getting worried there. Was going to put out an APB on you.
I would say your view is pretty fair.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: February 07, 2017, 03:29:34 PM »
FOX news Shepard Smith says Trump claims about terrorist attacks not covered is FALSE!!! Says FOX covered most of them extensively. If FOX does not agree with him on this one you can stick a fork in these "alternative facts".
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: February 07, 2017, 03:31:03 PM »
FOX news Shepard Smith says Trump claims about terrorist attacks not covered is FALSE!!! Says FOX covered most of them extensively. If FOX does not agree with him on this one you can stick a fork in these "alternative facts".
Interesting that you quote Shep

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: February 07, 2017, 03:33:53 PM »
Interesting that you quote Shep
I hope you are sitting down for this one. I watch FOX more than any other individual network.

Offline Boruch999

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: February 07, 2017, 04:25:16 PM »
How many shootings were there in schools done by designated security officers?
None that I'm aware of.  That is why strong argument could be made that they should have guns.  If Sandyhook had had an armed security officer, likely less would have died.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10965 on: February 07, 2017, 04:28:19 PM »
Where does he get this crap from? This guy needs a serious reality check.

The President said Tuesday that the US murder rate "is the highest it's been in 47 years."
"I'd say that in a speech and everybody was surprised because the press doesn't like to tell it like it is," Trump said during a meeting with US sheriffs at the White House. "It wasn't to their advantage to say that. The murder rate is the highest it's been in I guess 45-47 years."

KAC is getting demolished on CNN over this. Sad to see here to try and defend this and look so foolish.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #10966 on: February 07, 2017, 04:52:57 PM »
I hope you are sitting down for this one. I watch FOX more than any other individual network.
Shep hates Trump more than you do. Of course you watch him

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10967 on: February 07, 2017, 04:58:35 PM »
Shep hates Trump more than you do.
Didn't know that.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #10968 on: February 07, 2017, 05:06:55 PM »
Didn't know that.
Do you find yourself agreeing with him or throwing objects at the screen ? :)

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10969 on: February 07, 2017, 05:11:02 PM »
Do you find yourself agreeing with him or throwing objects at the screen ? :)
I don't throw things at the screen. I watch Hannity (FOX) and Maddow (MSNBC) for a good laugh. These two go ballistic over this stuff.

Back to serious issues. Where is Trump getting his info to claim that the murder rate is the highest in 45 years? This is dangerous for our president to believe this stuff.

Offline Dawie

• View Profile
« Reply #10970 on: February 07, 2017, 06:05:00 PM »
I don't throw things at the screen. I watch Hannity (FOX) and Maddow (MSNBC) for a good laugh. These two go ballistic over this stuff.

Back to serious issues. Where is Trump getting his info to claim that the murder rate is the highest in 45 years? This is dangerous for our president to believe this stuff.
says the man from Chicago

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #10971 on: February 07, 2017, 06:08:50 PM »
Back to serious issues.
Not me. I'm burnt out from all this politics. Just lemme keep a little more of my hard earned money, secure the borders, keep my family safe & I don't care which side wins. :)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #10972 on: February 07, 2017, 06:47:10 PM »
Remember his tweets are his views of reality.
I think that this is your big mistake. His tweets are no more a view of reality that a campaign ad. They are rhetoric to advance his agenda.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• View Profile

Offline aradisc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10974 on: February 07, 2017, 07:52:07 PM »
The fact that there are terrorist elements intentionally mixing with the refugees in other countries shows that this is an issue which needs to be avoided in our country as well. It, of course, does not show that our procedures are inadequate. Is the difference between us and them the vetting procedures in place? Possibly. That is not the argument being advanced.

I'll advance that argument and say that the USA refugee vetting process is very strict and effective: https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2015/11/20/infographic-screening-process-refugee-entry-united-states
The much bigger terrorist threat is not fully vetted foreigners and refugees, but people already here that become radicalized.

If the president wants to "look into" the process and see where it could be better, that's fine. A chaotic, poorly conceived executive order that throws the immigration system into chaos, forces people to cancel their vetted visas or renounce their permanent residency (I-407), and bans all refugees including those who have already completed the screening process, is quite ill-advised and irresponsible.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #10975 on: February 07, 2017, 09:20:15 PM »

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #10976 on: February 07, 2017, 09:26:58 PM »
I'll advance that argument and say that the USA refugee vetting process is very strict and effective: https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2015/11/20/infographic-screening-process-refugee-entry-united-states
The much bigger terrorist threat is not fully vetted foreigners and refugees, but people already here that become radicalized.

If the president wants to "look into" the process and see where it could be better, that's fine. A chaotic, poorly conceived executive order that throws the immigration system into chaos, forces people to cancel their vetted visas or renounce their permanent residency (I-407), and bans all refugees including those who have already completed the screening process, is quite ill-advised and irresponsible.
The infographic put out as public rhetoric by the Obama administration is inadequate to convince me that the current procedures do the trick. We have no way of knowing how it works in the real world. We do not really know if it is as strict as it is made to look and definitely not if it is effective. Either way that is a matter of opinion and left to the executives judgement.

The threat of those already in the country is a concern but is not relevant at all to the debate over refugees.

I agree with you that the rollout was done poorly and that it should not have included those already approved etc.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10977 on: February 07, 2017, 11:08:34 PM »
says the man from Chicago
What does this have to do with his continuing false statements. You can't defend them so your comeback is some stupid comment?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10978 on: February 07, 2017, 11:11:07 PM »
I think that this is your big mistake. His tweets are no more a view of reality that a campaign ad. They are rhetoric to advance his agenda.
This is where you are 100% wrong. His tweets are reflection of his policies and actions so far.

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #10979 on: February 08, 2017, 01:01:56 AM »
And I watch CNN more than any other network.