Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3851652 times)

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
Re: Donald Trump for president what do u think?
« Reply #1240 on: July 25, 2016, 12:35:30 PM »
Bernie has TONS of followers.
Consider that without the superdelegates who were in HRC's pocket from before the race, HRC wouldn't be nominated.

Just looked it up, Bernie received 12,024,768 votes during the primaries.

Hillary beat Bernie just as easily among the elected delegates.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1241 on: July 25, 2016, 12:59:27 PM »
When you said:

you were referring to politicians and not the general masses?

Of course! aren't those the ones who would need to stand up to her or the ones who would push her agenda?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 25, 2016, 01:02:15 PM »
Of course! aren't those the ones who would need to stand up to her or the ones who would push her agenda?

If Bernie supporters vote for trump or even just vote against HIRC, then no, politicians won't make an iota of a difference.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #1243 on: July 25, 2016, 01:03:01 PM »
The Ds are definitely more likely to go along with Hillary than the Rs are to go along with Trump.

A President Trump could most definitely make huge changes to foreign policy, free trade, and could potentially destroy every alliance built in the past by the US. Destroying NATO is something he is not in the least bit concerned about, something universally feared by Ds and Rs.

He already got the GOP itself to change its platform to be more Putin-friendly.

90% of your post is simply that you have been sold on the D/MSM narrative and are seeing confirmation bias.
So here's the thing. I don't follow mainstream media. I don't own a TV and I generally don't read/watch left leaning stuff.* I primarily read conservative opinions, and follow people I find interesting. If anything *that* is my confirmation bias.

You think he will be better than Hilary? Fine. But at least articulate HOW you can be sure. And don't tell me Trump is a fine candidate. Walker, for instance, said he could not endorse trump so long as he did not walk back his comments about the Federal judge in his case. Trump didn't. Walker endorsed. He didn't just shrug and say #NeverHilary. He endorsed Trump as a candidate. As did Rubio, Ryan and others.

(*outside of comedians who I think are funny, even if often wrong. Case in point: last night John Oliver had a segment about politicians stealing music in which he highlighted Trump's use of Queen without permission. Except the GOP licensed the song and did pay to use it. He was wrong. Queen was wrong. Segment was still funny.)

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 25, 2016, 01:47:56 PM »

Is this supposed to refute what I wrote or prove it? Who are the superdelegates? The Washington establishment. Who were they all for? Hillary. So who exactly is stopping anything she would try to do? The college student high on weed?

They're the ones who nominated Trump. Never underestimate public opinion.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: July 25, 2016, 02:05:38 PM »

They're the ones who nominated Trump. Never underestimate public opinion.
Bernie supporters nominated trump?

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 25, 2016, 02:09:43 PM »
Bernie supporters nominated trump?
The anti establishment people on weed.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 25, 2016, 02:11:25 PM »
Since when does Trump have a reputation of being lazy?
I have heard a lot of things about Trump but that is not one of them.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 25, 2016, 02:49:56 PM »
A President Trump could most definitely make huge changes to foreign policy, free trade, and could potentially destroy every alliance built in the past by the US. Destroying NATO is something he is not in the least bit concerned about, something universally feared by Ds and Rs.

This point about destroying alliances and eliminating all the wonderful things we get out of NATO is just repeating scare tactics. To the average American, NATO and NAFTA both look like a fool's deals for the US. Could eliminating them and starting from scratch put the US in a worse position? Possibly yes, and a president might have access to some higher level strategic reasons that we don't all see that justify it. But just as likely not. Personally, I do believe that if we reopened NAFTA and other trade agreements we could come off better - and I would like to see Trump in charge of doing that.

I will not believe that we will automatically suffer by questioning how we interact with the rest of the globe. The rest of the world ostensibly benefits more than we do from these agreements, and would be even worse off without them than we would be.
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 25, 2016, 03:09:33 PM »
I don't get what you guys are saying. Who are you discussing that will tag along and allow H or T to do as they wish or to stand up to them? The only ones that matter come Jan21 are those in congress, the courts, or the bureaucracies. Of those they are much more likely to go along with H than T on every single level of government.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: July 25, 2016, 03:20:21 PM »
Very little of that can be done without congressional approval. The primary alliances which affect us now are those with muslim countries anyhow. Those were already destroyed by O and his secretary of state H.

So here's the thing. I don't follow mainstream media. I don't own a TV and I generally don't read/watch left leaning stuff.* I primarily read conservative opinions, and follow people I find interesting. If anything *that* is my confirmation bias.
So your confirmation bias is from #neverTrump guys like Bill Kristol? Then you are dealing with triple confirmation bias. His head turns off as soon as you mention Trump and he just starts foaming at the mouth saying stupidity. I still can't figure out what the issue is with the judge story. The judge probably is biased.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #1251 on: July 25, 2016, 03:38:37 PM »
This point about destroying alliances and eliminating all the wonderful things we get out of NATO is just repeating scare tactics. To the average American, NATO and NAFTA both look like a fool's deals for the US. Could eliminating them and starting from scratch put the US in a worse position? Possibly yes, and a president might have access to some higher level strategic reasons that we don't all see that justify it. But just as likely not. Personally, I do believe that if we reopened NAFTA and other trade agreements we could come off better - and I would like to see Trump in charge of doing that.

I will not believe that we will automatically suffer by questioning how we interact with the rest of the globe. The rest of the world ostensibly benefits more than we do from these agreements, and would be even worse off without them than we would be.
+1

January 21st 2017 is way different than the time leading up to the November elections.

Trump KNOWS that he cannot do even a tenth of what he is saying. It's a strategy to get the populist vote, and he's clearly after the Sanders vote, with Wasserman-Schultz coming to his aid.

As for renegotiating treaties, just look at what the big honchos at the EU said after the Brexit vote. They realized that if they continue along their path, the EU will break up very fast, and admitted that they are willing to change course and allow EU member nations more flexibility in various issues. If Trump manages to scare the rest of the world into renegotiating deals, rather than just abolishing them (which he is unlikely to do).

I've said it during the primary season, the D's has a Bolshevik running against a Communist. The latest debacle with DWS and the wikileaks dump just exposes to those were were naive enough not to realize it up until now, that the D party is a Bolshevik party, whereby the goal justifies all means. There is NOTHING democratic about the DEMOCRAT party. If enough Americans realize this, I think the D's don't stand a chance. I believe that when faced with the facts, Americans still want to keep the American democracy and freedom.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #1252 on: July 25, 2016, 04:04:42 PM »
Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton "Hillary Rotten Clinton" on CNN.

Now trending on Twitter.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #1253 on: July 25, 2016, 04:12:12 PM »
This point about destroying alliances and eliminating all the wonderful things we get out of NATO is just repeating scare tactics.

Wait, even if every elected official disagrees with him - even his supporters, like Mitch McConnel who called his NATO comments "a rookie mistake" (Never mind the "rookie" is running for most powerful person in the world) - it is just scare tactics?

To the average American, NATO and NAFTA both look like a fool's deals for the US. Could eliminating them and starting from scratch put the US in a worse position? Possibly yes, and a president might have access to some higher level strategic reasons that we don't all see that justify it.

Disregarding NATO is an idea he floated without being privy to that presidential knowledge.

Personally, I do believe that if we reopened NAFTA and other trade agreements we could come off better - and I would like to see Trump in charge of doing that.

And personally I believe there is no evidence that Trump would be able to negotiate a good deal.

Source?

I have no issue with questioning them and renegotiating deals. I believe Trump has done and said nothing to inspire the confidence that he is the guy for the job. Quite the contrary

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #1254 on: July 25, 2016, 04:14:05 PM »
And personally I believe there is no evidence that Trump would be able to negotiate a good deal.

Why? Has he done bad in bankruptcy court renegotiating deals?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 25, 2016, 04:16:14 PM »
That is fair as a personal belief, but is there evidence that Hillary would be able to?

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #1256 on: July 25, 2016, 04:25:15 PM »
That is fair as a personal belief, but is there evidence that Hillary would be able to?

"Personal belief" was borrowing OP's phrasing.

I wouldn't trust HRC to renegotiate reward charts with my toddler.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: July 25, 2016, 04:26:16 PM »
"Personal belief" was borrowing OP's phrasing.

I wouldn't trust HRC to renegotiate reward charts with my toddler.
How about to negotiate with Iran or any other international negotiation? It is a question of better or worse not good or bad.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 04:30:46 PM by aygart »

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 25, 2016, 04:29:39 PM »
Why? Has he done bad in bankruptcy court renegotiating deals?
Um... are you touting his bankruptcy record as a positive?

Offline yoohoo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 25, 2016, 04:31:18 PM »
If Bernie would get up and fight Hillary after all this scandals, they would give him the nomination...