Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3771340 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #1540 on: July 31, 2016, 06:21:40 PM »
I've seen nothing to indicate why I should trust him to nominate conservative judges.

The only reason I've heard to vote for him is:

The blank being the conservative judge.... And IMHO if you ONLY look at the SCOTUS nominations, it is more like 6 loaded live chambers with HRC, vs 3 live (or I'll even grant you 4 live) and the rest blank with Trump. So what's your pick?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #1541 on: July 31, 2016, 06:25:10 PM »
1. Have you seen the clip?
2. Are you familiar with what Hillary told families of Bengahzi?
1) The clip is worse than the transcript.

The video, in context, and the statement and tweets that followed are indefensible. His own running mate didn't even try defend them.

2) Did you see how Hilary responded when asked about that?
Did you see how Bush responded to Cindy Sheehan?
It's not difficult to give an empathetic response to people who disagree with you politically, even if their children paid the ultimate price.

Nothing Hilary may have done excuses his reprehensible comments.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #1542 on: July 31, 2016, 06:38:34 PM »
And aygart, bring that you've repeated the disqualified vs unqualified line a few times, at what stage is he disqualified?

When he proves ignorance of the biggest foreign policy issues? (e.g. not knowing what brexit was a day before the referendum, not knowing Russia already is at war with the Ukraine)
When he mocks, ridicules and attacks pows, Gold star parents, Marines and generals?
When he proves a pathological liar about even the most trivial things?
When he suggests his policies will be contrary to the Constitution? (freedom of speech, freedom of the press)
When he shows he can't handle criticism and goes on a rampage after even the slightest insult?
And likely more I'm forgetting this second.

Remember, all the checks and balances aren't in place for everything a president does.

Believe me. I hate Hilary. I think she is repugnant and an awful candidate. But what does Trump need to do to make himself unelectable than he hasn't done already?

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #1543 on: July 31, 2016, 06:38:36 PM »
Trumpkinism is a disease.

First symptoms are loss of heart function, blindness and tone-deafness.

I haven't voted for a federal Dem in my life.

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: July 31, 2016, 06:43:33 PM »
Why is SCOTUS so important?
Every big issue has been decided liberal already.
 If you know anything about the SCOTUS, those decisions won't be overturned.

The only semi important issue is the bathroom issue. But the GOP surrendered that issue at their convention.

Offline Zevi16

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline Yammer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: July 31, 2016, 07:18:25 PM »
Everything boils down to this....

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: July 31, 2016, 07:22:07 PM »

Why is SCOTUS so important?
Every big issue has been decided liberal already.
 If you know anything about the SCOTUS, those decisions won't be overturned.

The only semi important issue is the bathroom issue. But the GOP surrendered that issue at their convention.
+1
Who cares about scotus?
Imho the only thing that matters is the economy and security. For these the president has a large say.

Scotus is all about making serious decisions about whether men can go to the little girls rooms, killing babies, and other important stuff that affect this countries culture more than anything else. Occasionally of course they rule on things of economic importance but nothing too partisan anyway.

Offline MosheD

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: July 31, 2016, 07:26:13 PM »
Has Gary Johnson been discussed here yet?

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: July 31, 2016, 07:29:14 PM »
Just was thinking about this whole mess and it occurred to me to look at this way. What are the issues I care about the most. By far #1 is israel / Safety from terrorism. As an illustration, if israel Called the POTUS and said the time has come they need to bomb Iranian nuclear reactors and they need US support. If hillary is in office the chance I would put in her answering yes at 5 percent. Trump somewhere well over 50 percent.
2nd most important issue: Religious freedom. IE protection from social justice laws i give hillary a 0 trump 50 percent chance
Third. economy no idea who will be better

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: July 31, 2016, 07:35:31 PM »
Just was thinking about this whole mess and it occurred to me to look at this way. What are the issues I care about the most. By far #1 is israel / Safety from terrorism. As an illustration, if israel Called the POTUS and said the time has come they need to bomb Iranian nuclear reactors and they need US support. If hillary is in office the chance I would put in her answering yes at 5 percent. Trump somewhere well over 50 percent.
2nd most important issue: Religious freedom. IE protection from social justice laws i give hillary a 0 trump 50 percent chance
Third. economy no idea who will be better
Why do you think Trump cares for Israel any more than Hillary?

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: July 31, 2016, 07:39:47 PM »
Bc he generally is a hard liner on these kinds of issues. And his daughter who has a lot of influence  is "jewish" and the people he has on his advisory council all seem to indicate he would be very p4o israel hillary on the other hand has demonstrated her palistinian sympathies

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: July 31, 2016, 07:42:52 PM »
Bc he generally is a hard liner on these kinds of issues. And his daughter who has a lot of influence  is "jewish" and the people he has on his advisory council all seem to indicate he would be very p4o israel hillary on the other hand has demonstrated her palistinian sympathies
Trump puts America first. - Many can argue that Israel is an American liability. = Trump dropping Israel like a hot potato.

Hillary is beholden to Congress/donors etc. Much safer for Israel imho

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1554 on: July 31, 2016, 07:44:41 PM »
There's a reason Netanyahu is negotiating a new long-term funding deal now even at the cost of heavy concessions to Obama. Because sadly he doesn't believe that the either outcome will be better than Obama.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: July 31, 2016, 07:48:27 PM »
Trump puts America first. - Many can argue that Israel is an American liability. = Trump dropping Israel like a hot potato.

Hillary is beholden to Congress/donors etc. Much safer for Israel imho
I completely disagree. Especially in the example I gave hillary is not beholden to Congress or anyone else and that's when she is most dangerous

Offline oiseli48

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: July 31, 2016, 08:11:53 PM »

I think as well that one of the few things Trump seems to understand is that terrorism in Israel isn't just an Israeli problem - it's part of the global extremism that must be crushed everywhere in order to actually be victorious over it.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1557 on: July 31, 2016, 08:25:45 PM »
And aygart, bring that you've repeated the disqualified vs unqualified line a few times, at what stage is he disqualified?

When he proves ignorance of the biggest foreign policy issues? (e.g. not knowing what brexit was a day before the referendum, not knowing Russia already is at war with the Ukraine)
When he mocks, ridicules and attacks pows, Gold star parents, Marines and generals?
When he suggests his policies will be contrary to the Constitution? (freedom of speech, freedom of the press)
When he shows he can't handle criticism and goes on a rampage after even the slightest insult?
And likely more I'm forgetting this second.

Remember, all the checks and balances aren't in place for everything a president does.

Believe me. I hate Hilary. I think she is repugnant and an awful candidate. But what does Trump need to do to make himself unelectable than he hasn't done already?
Ignorance means unqualified not disqualified. Also see here
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/148152679301/experience-is-overrated
You cannot expect to attack Trump and not have him attack back whether or not you like that tactic (I do not like it). That has been his long standing marketing tactic which has worked. Whether or not he is a good businessman (I am skeptical that he is) he has proven himself as an expert marketer. As such it should not be disqualifying. IT WORKS
Is it better to be a pathological liar about important things like Hillary?
That is blown out of proportion by his detractors and if you were honest with yourself you would know it. There is only one candidate who said publicly said they would nominate judges who would be willing to criminalize political speech against HER.
That has been his long standing marketing tactic which has worked. Whether or not he is a good businessman (I am skeptical that he is) he has proven himself as an expert marketer. These techniques won him the nomination against all predictions.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ar

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: July 31, 2016, 08:26:52 PM »
This campaign is getting pretty nasty and we're just at the beginning of 3 month long journey!

It's sad to see how the media can really rip to shreds a person they don't like and have such influence on the country... I hope Donald wins just to show them they don't always control things in America. However, I don't see things changing even after The Donald becomes president, the media will try to shame him and make the economy look terrible resulting in low consumer confidants etc....

Upsetting reality!

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: July 31, 2016, 08:32:07 PM »
See http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Unless you vote in one of the top ten states on the Voter Power Index (and I'm being generous), it is purely dumb to take this election as such a serious personal choice.

The actual outcome of the election might actually depend on how many D's end up voting for Jill Stein in places like MI, OH, FL, NV, PA etc.
This is the most important part of that article :

What makes you think the trend won't continue?
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD