Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3827893 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #1580 on: August 01, 2016, 10:24:57 AM »
Hilary voted for the Iraq war because she had a vote. Trump didn't have a vote. One of his oft repeated lies is that he was against the war. He wasn't. He was for the war. Yet he continues to repeat the lie even though it has been proven wrong. He hardly ever gets called on it by the media.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.factcheck.org/2016/02/donald-trump-and-the-iraq-war/
He was NEVER FOR the war. In the sparse news records about it from the time when his opinion about it was irrelevant it is clear that as soon as 4 days after the war started he said “If they keep fighting it the way they did today, they’re going to have a real problem.”

In Sep of 2003 he said this
It wasn’t a mistake to fight terrorism and fight it hard, and I guess maybe if I had to do it, I would have fought terrorism but not necessarily Iraq.

In Nov he said this
I think his bigger problem is going to be what’s happening in Iraq. I believe the economy is doing well. I think it could get better, but lots of surprises out on the horizon, and what is going to happen with Iraq, what is going to happen with the world situation, that could be the bigger problem that President Bush has.....[/size]So, you know, it is a tremendous cost to this country, what’s gone on there, and again, we are getting some very, very unpleasant surprises in Iraq, and hopefully something is going to be done about it quickly.....[/color][/size][/color]The question is whether or not we should have been in Iraq in the first place. ...........

*The only people who should take issue with a response are Trump supporters. Most people didn't watch the Kahns at the DNC. Their presentation was before prime time and it was primarily seen by people already supporting Hilary. Had he ignored it, and given a vaguely empathetic response in the interview, it likely would have faded from memory pretty quickly. Now the Kahns are on every channel sucking up news coverage on a day when Hilary lied blatantly and badly about the FBI investigation.
Agreed but that is a purely tactical discussion.
[/size][/color]
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: August 01, 2016, 10:34:51 AM »
A partial list:

What is unconstitutional about the Muslim ban his immigration policies?

He has NEVER been able to do eminent domain on his own any statement he has made needs to be viewed in that context. Going "overboard" is an admitted and know negotiating tactic of his.

Libel laws-Meh There is one candidate who very clearly said she wants to be able to criminalize POLITICAL SPEECH ABOUT HER!!!!!!!!!!

The whole torture thing is misrepresented by Ds and the press. He expressed support for waterboarding which the Bush administration did not call torture.
Killing civilians without due process-You mean like the drone strikes under Obama/Clinton?

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #1582 on: August 01, 2016, 10:36:49 AM »
Just was thinking about this whole mess and it occurred to me to look at this way. What are the issues I care about the most. By far #1 is israel / Safety from terrorism. As an illustration, if israel Called the POTUS and said the time has come they need to bomb Iranian nuclear reactors and they need US support. If hillary is in office the chance I would put in her answering yes at 5 percent. Trump somewhere well over 50 percent.
2nd most important issue: Religious freedom. IE protection from social justice laws i give hillary a 0 trump 50 percent chance
Third. economy no idea who will be better

You don't think the office of the presidency has anything to do with how you got to a situation the prime minister of Israel has to make such a call?
Remember, the last time Israel needed to make such a call, they didn't. They just did it. And the US was none too happy, and even Regean "punished" them for it to an extent.

Trumps ignorance, and dangerous foreign policy, and inability to handle criticism can only make a volatile situation worse. Russia has ties with anti Israel terrorist factions in places like Syria, Lebanon, and more. Sure, it's not like the Cold War days using the Arab countries as proxies against the US, but it could be pretty bad for Israel.

Israel receives a ton of aid from the USA - militarily and financially. Given Trumps comments about NATO and other alliances, that he doesn't want to do anything for anyone unless they pay, how confident are you the US will keep cutting those checks? I'm not.

2nd - religious freedom - making Muslims register, banning people from the country based on religion, and other ridiculous comments are so far against religious freedom, it is laughable you can even dream of putting Trump in the same sentence as religious freedom.

3rd - well, he he wants us to think he ran his businesses well, and will run the country like that. With his trail of bankruptcies, lawsuits and unpaid bills, I'll take the word of other successful businessmen and women who don't think so highly of him.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: August 01, 2016, 10:40:03 AM »
You don't think the office of the presidency has anything to do with how you got to a situation the prime minister of Israel has to make such a call?
I think that was exactly his point! There is no President/Sec of State who has emboldened radical Islam like Obama/Clinton.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #1584 on: August 01, 2016, 10:42:37 AM »
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!
He was NEVER FOR the war.

https://soundcloud.com/buzzfeedandrew/trump-on-the-howard-stern-show-on-sept-11-2002

In the interview, which took place on Sept. 11, 2002, Stern asked Trump directly if he was for invading Iraq.
“Yeah, I guess so,” Trump responded. “I wish the first time it was done correctly.”

That's BEFORE the war and all the quotes you provided.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: August 01, 2016, 10:43:53 AM »
https://soundcloud.com/buzzfeedandrew/trump-on-the-howard-stern-show-on-sept-11-2002

In the interview, which took place on Sept. 11, 2002, Stern asked Trump directly if he was for invading Iraq.
“Yeah, I guess so,” Trump responded. “I wish the first time it was done correctly.”

That's BEFORE the war and all the quotes you provided.
That sounds very for it LOL

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #1586 on: August 01, 2016, 10:49:34 AM »
That sounds very for it LOL

Are you dense? It is the only quote that was before the war. It is pro, even if not emphatically so. All the other quotes are irrelevant as they ARE NOT BEFORE THE WAR. You cannot claim "I was against the war," if the only record of your opinion states the opposite. that is called a LIE.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: August 01, 2016, 10:54:36 AM »
Are you dense? It is the only quote that was before the war. It is pro, even if not emphatically so. All the other quotes are irrelevant as they ARE NOT BEFORE THE WAR. You cannot claim "I was against the war," if the only record of your opinion states the opposite. that is called a LIE.
This is your looking through biased lenses like every single one of your statements. Within DAYS of the start of the war he was very clearly against it so you are bringing an "I guess so" to make the case that he changed in the 3 days after the war started. That is ridiculous. If it would be him saying that about Hillary in an opposite situation you would be calling him a liar for it.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #1588 on: August 01, 2016, 10:57:07 AM »
What is unconstitutional about the Muslim ban his immigration policies?

He has NEVER been able to do eminent domain on his own any statement he has made needs to be viewed in that context. Going "overboard" is an admitted and know negotiating tactic of his.

Libel laws-Meh There is one candidate who very clearly said she wants to be able to criminalize POLITICAL SPEECH ABOUT HER!!!!!!!!!!

The whole torture thing is misrepresented by Ds and the press. He expressed support for waterboarding which the Bush administration did not call torture.
Killing civilians without due process-You mean like the drone strikes under Obama/Clinton?

For immigration start here: https://reason.com/archives/2015/11/10/trump-vs-the-constitution/

criminalize POLITICAL SPEECH ABOUT HER!!!!!!!!!!
Source?

Torture: No, he said he would do a "hell of a lot worse than waterboarding." He also said "torture works." (which has also been proven wrong, but that's a side point)

Killing civilians  - he said expressly he wanted to kill terrorists' families. That the drone strikes are also often illegal doesn't excuse it and is far from the same scale.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #1589 on: August 01, 2016, 11:01:28 AM »
This is your looking through biased lenses like every single one of your statements. Within DAYS of the start of the war he was very clearly against it so you are bringing an "I guess so" to make the case that he changed in the 3 days after the war started. That is ridiculous. If it would be him saying that about Hillary in an opposite situation you would be calling him a liar for it.

I state facts, and I am biased. You state he said something days after the war started, when the earliest quote you gave is September, almost 6 months later.

ETA: the comments he made previously you didn't quote, I'll assume because they don't explicitly state he is against the war, only he unhappy about costs and other aspects.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: August 01, 2016, 11:05:00 AM »
I state facts, and I am biased. You state he said something days after the war started, when the earliest quote you gave is September, almost 6 months later.

ETA: the comments he made previously you didn't quote, I'll assume because they don't explicitly state he is against the war, only he unhappy about costs and other aspects.

And because I did quote only not using the forum quote feature.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: August 01, 2016, 11:05:52 AM »
For immigration start here: https://reason.com/archives/2015/11/10/trump-vs-the-constitution/
You mean birthright citizenship of all things? You are bringing an opinion article to prove your point?

criminalize POLITICAL SPEECH ABOUT HER!!!!!!!!!!
Source?

I think you need to read up on Citizens United.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 11:12:54 AM by aygart »

Offline cholent

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: August 01, 2016, 11:12:33 AM »

Trump is definitely no better on this one. He has made it clear he would do the same for journalists who write about him.

And Citizens United is way more than a video about Clinton, that's a huge misrepresentation
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: August 01, 2016, 11:13:31 AM »
Trump is definitely no better on this one. He has made it clear he would do the same for journalists who write about him.

And Citizens United is way more than a video about Clinton, that's a huge misrepresentation
How so and how so?

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #1594 on: August 01, 2016, 11:16:54 AM »

Dems have been speaking about overturning CU for forever and half. For some reason, it is never it was never on the agenda in the past 8 years. It's a blatant pander that isn't on the agenda because they'll lose out plenty. It's not like the Republicans have a monopoly on super pacs. Please, Ds like to paint the Koch brothers as election buyers, when Ds often receive far more from their corporate supporters.

The Rs do the same, for example: postcard tax codes? Please, it is not going to happen.

And again, having a Constitutional law changed within the confines of Constitutional law is entirely different from expressing blatant ignorance of the Constitution, and wishing to enact Federal laws that run counter it. And regarding freedom of speech for the press and individuals, your response is "meh" whereas Citizens United gets ALL CAPS and exclamation marks. But *I* am biased.

Offline cholent

• View Profile

Offline aygart

• View Profile

Offline cholent

• View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: August 01, 2016, 11:24:14 AM »
Please explain what you are trying to show with either of those.

If you can't understand the first one, you are being willfully blind

Citizens United as it was ruled on became more about the ability of corporations or others to pour unlimited money into politics through superpacs... the actual video against Hillary, which was presented as non-political but obviously was, was at that time understood even by the lower courts as being illegal. Any Republican would have brought the same suit if the video was directed against them. Her stance against CU is about shutting down superpacs, not the specific video which is water long under the bridge.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #1598 on: August 01, 2016, 11:27:01 AM »
And because I did quote only not using the forum quote feature.

Again, he was not expressly against the war in those quotes after the war began till much later.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: August 01, 2016, 11:38:03 AM »
Dems have been speaking about overturning CU for forever and half. For some reason, it is never it was never on the agenda in the past 8 years. It's a blatant pander that isn't on the agenda because they'll lose out plenty. It's not like the Republicans have a monopoly on super pacs. Please, Ds like to paint the Koch brothers as election buyers, when Ds often receive far more from their corporate supporters.

The Rs do the same, for example: postcard tax codes? Please, it is not going to happen.

And again, having a Constitutional law changed within the confines of Constitutional law is entirely different from expressing blatant ignorance of the Constitution, and wishing to enact Federal laws that run counter it. And regarding freedom of speech for the press and individuals, your response is "meh" whereas Citizens United gets ALL CAPS and exclamation marks. But *I* am biased.

Constitutional freedom of the press does not preclude libel laws which can very constitutionally can be made stricter. The entire purpose of constitutional freedom of the press is to protect POLITICAL speech. Trump talking about libel laws is not POLITICAL speech. Dems in general look to limit POLITICAL speech (you are right that it is all Dems). She is very clearly saying that her criteria for SCOTUS appointments would include that they would reverse CU which won by one justice. That is very far from "not going to happen" and would change within A FEW MONTHS OF HER TAKING OFFICE with Scalia's replacement. Here you are focusing on libel laws but saying meh about criminalizing political speech. That is ridiculous.

Of course I am biased like everyone else in the world. That does not preclude your bias. That also does not mean that everything anyone says is a product of your bias. I have in these forums been quite critical of Trump and he is far far my first choice for POTUS. I fully agree with the characterization of "pick your poison" and my "support of Trump is only to the extent that he is not as bad as those like you who are blindly swallowing everything his opponents are saying are making him to be. By doing so you are showing that everything you are saying in this regard is a product of your bias.

A prime example of this is your statement that restricting Muslim immigration is unconstitutional. That is simply UNTRUE! The constitution does not protect citizens of Syria! The constitution allows discrimination against them and they are not entitled to due process either.