Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3850634 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #16520 on: January 18, 2018, 11:28:39 AM »
You're making a false equivalency. No one has come close to this group. Also, the media is supposed to be the check against those lies, and they're fulfilling that role here too. The difference is that Trump has sought to nullify that check by seeking to invalidate all media that's critical of him.
When they have disregard for the truth themselves then how can they fulfill that role. Who is fact checking the fact opinion checkers? When their standards for checking are not the same for him as they were for Obama then they have no credibility.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16521 on: January 18, 2018, 11:30:07 AM »
When they have disregard for the truth themselves then how can they fulfill that role. Who is fact checking the fact opinion checkers? When their standards for checking are not the same for him as they were for Obama then they have no credibility.
It's a few examples in a vast sea of reporting. That's not a disregard for the truth. Not to mention that people got fired over many of these.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16522 on: January 18, 2018, 11:36:12 AM »
Am I understanding you correctly that what the president says don't carry more weight than an individual reporter?

If I want the news, in theory I would trust a random journalist over any politician.
Unfortunately many journalists have hidden or not-so-hidden agendas. So we are left with the choice of sifting out fake news reporters or believing politicians. The only option (if you seek the truth) is to read credible reporters or reports that include proof.
Visibly Jewish

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #16523 on: January 18, 2018, 11:43:06 AM »
It's a few examples in a vast sea of reporting. That's not a disregard for the truth. Not to mention that people got fired over many of these.
There are many other examples of shoddy reporting at all levels. They were fired for getting caught and the chain of command and culture which allowed/s it has not changed.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #16524 on: January 18, 2018, 11:47:52 AM »
Another example

[tweet]954025448840851456[/tweet]

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #16525 on: January 18, 2018, 11:49:37 AM »
So you are of the opinion that other politicians only slanted numbers in their favor and didn't say outright lies?
Yes. Maybe they had wrong or not updated info like General Kelly. You don't see me calling him a liar.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #16526 on: January 18, 2018, 11:50:51 AM »
Yes. Maybe they had wrong or not updated info like General Kelly. You don't see me calling him a liar.
Such as "if you like your plan you can keep your plan"? That was much more consequential than the lies from Trump.

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16527 on: January 18, 2018, 11:51:44 AM »
There are many other examples of shoddy reporting at all levels.
Another example

[tweet]954025448840851456[/tweet]
I think it's very much the exception, not the norm. You want to tell me that the tone/slant is generally anti-Trump at a lot of media companies? Sure, but that's not exactly a new concept. The extent is maybe unprecendented, but maybe that tells you more about the political climate than the media industry.
They were fired for getting caught and the chain of command and culture which allowed/s it has not changed.
So your theory is that these media companies know about the reporting issues for each story in advance, but don't do anything or fire anyone till they get caught? Okay then. :o

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #16528 on: January 18, 2018, 11:52:02 AM »
The only option (if you seek the truth) is to read credible reporters or reports that include proof.
That is hard to do. Lets take the shithole comment. Do you believe the news reports including FOX or the President?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #16529 on: January 18, 2018, 11:58:00 AM »
So your theory is that these media companies know about the reporting issues for each story in advance, but don't do anything or fire anyone till they get caught?

No I think they are willfully ignorant. When the shoddy reporting like Atkinson is pointing out about the wall and is being routinely reported incorrectly by just about everyone goes without consequence it is bound to reach worse levels too. This is more than just the tone of their reporting. The reaction by many in the media to Fire and Fury was "well it could have been true". It could have been true is what differentiates fiction from fantasy.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #16530 on: January 18, 2018, 12:00:20 PM »
That is hard to do. Lets take the shithole comment. Do you believe the news reports including FOX or the President?
How about whether or not they did any checking of context and what may have been meant by it? Or if they misrepresented whether he said the countries were s************ or that the people there were s***********

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #16531 on: January 18, 2018, 12:05:47 PM »
How about whether or not they did any checking of context and what may have been meant by it? Or if they misrepresented whether he said the countries were s************ or that the people there were s***********
That is another issue. The first thing is did he or didn't he say SH. If he didn't say it as he claims context is not an issue since it was never said. So we have a classic example of the press vs the president on what was said. He comes out on the short end of these almost every time.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #16532 on: January 18, 2018, 12:09:23 PM »
That is another issue. The first thing is did he or didn't he say SH. If he didn't say it as he claims context is not an issue since it was never said. So we have a classic example of the press vs the president on what was said. He comes out on the short end of these almost every time.
What you are trying to say.

Offline Dawie

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16533 on: January 18, 2018, 12:13:12 PM »

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #16534 on: January 18, 2018, 12:16:23 PM »
What you are trying to say.
You want to talk about context. I am talking about who is correct about him saying SH. The president or press? Whenever we have this constant he said the press said the president is not believed almost all the time for good reason.

The press screws up a lot and get calls out and is honest enough to correct the mistake. The president gets caught and doubles down. This is why the world view of the US is going down the tubes under this president.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16535 on: January 18, 2018, 12:21:33 PM »
That is hard to do.

That is why I hate the MSM so much.
They ruined what was such a great thing.

Lets take the shithole comment. Do you believe the news reports including FOX or the President?

The truth is I don't believe he said she said anymore in politics. Bring me real proof if you're going to attack your political opponents. Regardless, I'm one of those that couldn't care less if he did say what they claim he said. So they're from s***holes, its the truth and it doesn't bother me. I want the best and the brightest to be our immigrants, not people that "need" to be here because they need a handout.
Visibly Jewish

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #16536 on: January 18, 2018, 12:27:31 PM »
You want to talk about context. I am talking about who is correct about him saying SH. The president or press? Whenever we have this constant he said the press said the president is not believed almost all the time for good reason.

The press screws up a lot and get calls out and is honest enough to correct the mistake. The president gets caught and doubles down. This is why the world view of the US is going down the tubes under this president.
You keep going back to whether one lies more than the other. A plague o' both their houses!

The press has corrected the most egregious outright lies when caught but are still lying about what he said about the wall after 2 years with impunity. They routinely change context and meaning with no correction. The issue is not with screw ups. Everyone can screw up. The issue is when it is caused by SOP.

I could care less about their view of the US. A lot of good it did under Obama when they held the US in high regard and stepped all over us.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #16537 on: January 18, 2018, 12:30:04 PM »
I want the best and the brightest to be our immigrants, not people that "need" to be here because they need a handout.
Short sided and ignorant view. I thank G-d they didn't think that way when Dora Press Salk and thousands others like her came to this great country.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #16538 on: January 18, 2018, 12:32:07 PM »
I could care less about their view of the US. A lot of good it did under Obama when they held the US in high regard and stepped all over us.
I know you and most here don't care how the rest of the world views the US. When we need our key partners help it does matter.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #16539 on: January 18, 2018, 12:35:02 PM »
The press has corrected the most egregious outright lies when caught but are still lying about what he said about the wall after 2 years with impunity. They routinely change context and meaning with no correction. The issue is not with screw ups. Everyone can screw up. The issue is when it is caused by SOP.
So you believe these top five #fakenews were out right lies? Then knew the information was wrong and reported it anyway?