Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3852972 times)

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #1660 on: August 03, 2016, 10:15:06 AM »
I'd fully understand if he says Jews behead people and Jews hate the free world. And I would fully understand if he would decide not to let in Jews from Israel. Sorry bro.

He said ISLAM hates America. With your parable would you mind if he said JUDIASM - not Jews - hates America. You would be frightened. If your gonna accuse me of watching the liberal media - which I don't. I may as well tell you to stop listening to Limbaugh and Hannity, and start thinking for yourself.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 03, 2016, 10:16:51 AM »
I said the liberal/nevertrump distorted narative. That is most definitely happening. He very regularly said things along the lines of until we figure out what is going on. You are taking words out of context and giving them the worst possible interpretation. Maybe if you would actually try to figure out what he is reallly saying without swallowing the liberal/nevertrump narrative you would see that things are much different than you are making them to be. Will Trump be your ideal candidate-highly unlikely and he is not anywhere near being mine. Will you see that some of the things you have distorted to consider him disqualified actually mean something else and make sense-probably. You are being blinded by your hatred of his personality and I get where that is coming from, but be honest with yourself about what he is saying and you will see that you are misinterpreting much of it.
How is it out of context? He said Islam hates America. I don't listen to the liberal media. I hear Trump, and listen to what he says. You are a Limbaugh/Hannity low intelligence hack.

Trump loves you. "I love the poorly educated". And for good reason. You let the right wing spin fool you, that it's the "narrative". Are you a mental midget? No! So stop listening to mental midgets!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:22:48 AM by Baruch »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1663 on: August 03, 2016, 10:45:50 AM »
How is it out of context? He said Islam hates America. I don't listen to the liberal media. I hear Trump, and listen to what he says. You are a Limbaugh/Hannity low intelligence hack.

Trump loves you. "I love the poorly educated". And for good reason. You let the right wing spin fool you, that it's the "narrative". Are you a mental midget? No! So stop listening to mental midgets!
SO you think that what he said at the end that we don't know who is who is a contraction to what he said 30 seconds before and not an explanation? In the debate he said it even more clearly "A lot of them".

If you would actually read what I have written in this thread  instead of simply attacking  with your name calling anyone who expressed that they feel Trump is better than Hillary like you have done over and over maybe you would see that you are simply attacking the vision of your hallucinations and not me. I will let that vision try to answer your personal attacks against it bacause youe hallucinations are very disconnected with what I have written rioght here in this thread.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: August 03, 2016, 10:48:49 AM »
Love the Wiki JJ

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: August 03, 2016, 10:53:06 AM »
SO you think that what he said at the end that we don't know who is who is a contraction to what he said 30 seconds before and not an explanation? In the debate he said it even more clearly "A lot of them".

If you would actually read what I have written in this thread  instead of simply attacking  with your name calling anyone who expressed that they feel Trump is better than Hillary like you have done over and over maybe you would see that you are simply attacking the vision of your hallucinations and not me. I will let that vision try to answer your personal attacks against it bacause youe hallucinations are very disconnected with what I have written rioght here in this thread.
As your leader Trump says "you started first".
I only accuse you of being a Limbaugh/Hannity mental midget, because you always accuse me of swallowing the liberal "narrative".

You are actually the smartest Limbaugh/Hannity hack I talk to. The other ones truly believe Obama is a secret Muslim. (Please tell me you don't).

At least we both agree that HRC is a disaster.

(I frightened of  the possibility of HRC appointing Bill as Mideast peacemaker, but the thought of Donald Trump being in charge of our foreign policy is 100x more frightening)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:57:17 AM by Baruch »

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: August 03, 2016, 10:57:24 AM »
As your leader Trump says "you started first".
I only accuse you of being a Limbaugh/Hannity mental midget, because you always accuse me of swallowing the liberal "narrative".

You are actually the smartest Limbaugh/Hannity hack I talk to. The other ones truly believe Obama is a secret Muslim. (Please tell me you don't).
I don't believe Obama is a Muslim. Nor do I listen to either Limbaugh (only on rare occasions) or Hannity ( I needed to think think for a second who that is) I have not really been a talk radio listener since the days of Bob Grant on WABC 25 years ago. I have a feeling that if you compared what I wrote here to what they are saying you will find it to be vastly different.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: August 03, 2016, 10:58:41 AM »

Offline CS1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #1668 on: August 03, 2016, 11:06:26 AM »
Love the Wiki JJ
+1
great wiki, JJ. Let's keep that one up, and title it "August". Then make a new one for Sept. and a new one for Oct in another 1-2 months. I think that there will be some 175-180 degree turnarounds, plus if Wikileaks comes out with new, illegal and damaging evidence, then there will be some serious shifting.
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: August 03, 2016, 11:07:43 AM »

I'll just point out to you that your stated position of being anti-both, but ultimately pro-Trump because he's better than Hillary, is undermined by your passionate defense of every Trump 'infraction' and 'incident'. If you truly felt that way and were comfortable with your position, then the proper response to (at least) a significant portion of of these situations should be, you're right but he's still better than Hillary because XYZ.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 03, 2016, 11:14:38 AM »
I'll just point out to you that your stated position of being anti-both, but ultimately pro-Trump because he's better than Hillary, is undermined by your passionate defense of every Trump 'infraction' and 'incident'. If you truly felt that way and were comfortable with your position, then the proper response to (at least) a significant portion of of these situations should be, you're right but he's still better than Hillary because XYZ.
couldn't have said it better.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 03, 2016, 11:17:06 AM »
couldn't have said it better.
I could probably say something similar about you (and Moshe123) the other way :P

The middle path evades us all. (that's actually a good slogan for this election campaign)

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 03, 2016, 11:18:48 AM »
I don't believe Obama is a Muslim. Nor do I listen to either Limbaugh (only on rare occasions) or Hannity ( I needed to think think for a second who that is) I have not really been a talk radio listener since the days of Bob Grant on WABC 25 years ago. I have a feeling that if you compared what I wrote here to what they are saying you will find it to be vastly different.
And I don't listen to the liberal media.
So now that we cleared that out of the way.........

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 03, 2016, 11:19:59 AM »
I could probably say something similar about you (and Moshe123) the other way :P

The middle path evades us all. (that's actually a good slogan for this election campaign)
Nah. Pick your poison is a better slogan.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: August 03, 2016, 11:22:57 AM »
And I don't listen to the liberal media.
So now that we cleared that out of the way.........
As I have said many times it their NARRATIVE that you are somehow picking up. Maybe it is your distaste for his personality or something else, but you are cherry piccking the worst possible view of him.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: August 03, 2016, 11:29:54 AM »
As I have said many times it their NARRATIVE that you are somehow picking up. Maybe it is your distaste for his personality or something else, but you are cherry piccking the worst possible view of him.
I can't tell you how condescending this is (and I'm not even the target). Even if the second sentence is true, it doesn't mean the first is. You decided that this specific opinion is their narrative - they own it - and have also disqualified it. And then as a result, anyone who shares that opinion, whether through media influence or through independent thought, is associated and disqualified as well. How convenient.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/08/the-democrats-who-cried-wolf/493928/
The phenomenon affects Trump supporters, too, in the form of voters who simply dismiss what they hear on the news because they’ve decided the press is untrustworthy.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 03, 2016, 11:30:37 AM »
I believe Trump is a con artist. I've known that 10 years before he entered politics. So when you listen to a guy who you know to be a fraud, you cherry pick what he says to figure out what he really believes.

(Just as we both have known that HRC was a fraud since Bill's first term. BTW, her recent lie about the FBI director saying that she didn't lie to the American public, is a Trump level lie.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:35:13 AM by Baruch »

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: August 03, 2016, 11:31:21 AM »
Look back at how many things I have declined to defend. I do think that he is not as bad as many are making him to be and that when you think through what he will or won't do or be able to do it is vastly different from what Moshe123 and Baruch are making it to be. A big portion of why he is not so dangerous is because he will not have the entire Washington infrastructure behind him like Hillary would. He won't even have his own party being pupppets behind him like Obama had and Hillary would.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 03, 2016, 11:33:18 AM »
A big portion of why he is not so dangerous is because he will not have the entire Washington infrastructure behind him like Hillary would. He won't even have his own party being pupppets behind him like Obama had and Hillary would.
When it comes to foreign policy that is almost irrelevant.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 03, 2016, 11:36:53 AM »
I can't tell you how condescending this is (and I'm not even the target). Even if the second sentence is true, it doesn't mean the first is. You decided that this specific opinion is their narrative - they own it - and have also disqualified it. And then as a result, anyone who shares that opinion, whether through media influence or through independent thought, is associated and disqualified as well. How convenient.

I refer you to this post for reaasons why I think it is more swallowing the narrative than some others. Click on the link.

Are we all adults here? I have written 99% about very specific issues and reasons with one line saying that he is misinterpreting a specific item but I am only arguing by questioning biases? How about we go through your "very substantive" posts here and see how they have been.

BTW, I am not a "Trumper" I simply see him as the lesser of two evils and see that many like yourself are simply swallowing the opposing narrative hook line and sinker.
Very substantive one there.

These are just going back a few days.