Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3862371 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• View Profile

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #1762 on: August 05, 2016, 10:30:03 AM »
Right, that's the only reason I might vote for Hillary
It's about losing your country for crying out loud, not about losing the flanken out of your cholent!
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline cholent

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: August 05, 2016, 10:33:05 AM »
It's about losing your country for crying out loud, not about losing the flanken out of your cholent!

I care too much to help put a president in the white house who can't control himself at all, and who will be the worst possible role model for the country
And of course you would say that, you of the vegetarian cholent
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: August 05, 2016, 10:42:38 AM »
McClatchy/Marist poll , 8/1 - 8/3, Clinton 15% lead.
Clinton - 48. Trump - 33. I repeat: thirty freaken three.

(I knew America wasn't crazy)
Lol. Look at the makeup of the sample.

https://www.scribd.com/document/320225575/McClatchy-Marist-Poll-National-Nature-of-the-Sample-and-Tables-August-2016
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #1765 on: August 05, 2016, 10:45:46 AM »
I care too much to help put a president in the white house who can't control himself at all, and who will be the worst possible role model for the country
A pareve cholent is a pragmatic solution.

You really think Trump would be my first, or second choice? He wouldn't even have made it into the top 5 out of the R primary contenders (off the top of my head, can't even remember who was there). But with what we have, I think I would vote for him.

I couldn't get myself to vote for RINO McCain, and I have since come to the conclusion that it's a total waste of time for a New Yorker to vote in the general election. So I don't have to decide this time around. But if I were to be registered to vote in a battleground state, I wouldn't rely on my own feelings or judgment, but would rather ask a Rov or Mashpia I trust and act accordingly.
-- Dan

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: August 05, 2016, 10:47:28 AM »
Right, that's the only reason I might vote for Hillary
https://medium.com/@munilass/is-hillary-clinton-corrupt-an-archive-of-financial-improprieties-5d6efc01111#.v47tndnfk
What permanent damage do you think Trump may do that Hillary won't?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: August 05, 2016, 10:56:51 AM »
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjxpdj6vKrOAhXJRiYKHcxWAgEQqQIIHzAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wsj.com%2Farticles%2Fthe-week-they-decided-he-was-crazy-1470354031&usg=AFQjCNGwCRg2idjnQwcuK8hjyUoHroUoGg
Peggy Noonan
I end with a new word, at least new to me. A friend called it to my attention. It speaks of the moment we’re in. It is “kakistocracy,” from the Greek. It means government by the worst persons, by the least qualified or most unprincipled. We’re on our way there, aren’t we? We’re going to have to make our way through it together.

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: August 05, 2016, 11:06:03 AM »
I couldn't get myself to vote for RINO McCain, and I have since come to the conclusion that it's a total waste of time for a New Yorker to vote in the general election. So I don't have to decide this time around. But if I were to be registered to vote in a battleground state, I wouldn't rely on my own feelings or judgment, but would rather ask a Rov or Mashpia I trust and act accordingly.

If the Republicans had a better nominee, I would say that in this election there would be a chance for the Republicans to carry NY. I don't think there has been a weaker candidate on the Democratic side since George McGovern. Hillary is literally despised by half of the Democratic electorate.

Now that I think about it, the RNC should have done exactly what the DNC did. Choose a the candidate with the best chance of winning and help them secure the nomination.

Offline Shauly101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dirshu!
« Reply #1769 on: August 05, 2016, 11:27:24 AM »

thats why he will move into the WH with Melania

Offline justaregularguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: August 05, 2016, 11:36:17 AM »
if only we could swap Pence and Trumps positions here we could breath alot better( although it would be hilarious to see Trump as a sidekick-something he obviously wouldn't feel comfortable with :D)
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: August 05, 2016, 12:32:12 PM »
thats why he will move into the WH with Melania
ALOL

Melania actually taking the role of a model rather than being a role model.

Though with the Clintons the roles are reversed, with Bill taking the role of a model...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 12:37:09 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: August 05, 2016, 12:34:14 PM »
Sounds like you feel Bill and Hill were great role models last time around.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: August 05, 2016, 12:34:57 PM »
Can you bring examples of HRC admitting mistakes like Trump did on the Iran cash plane video (not that the story didn't occur, but that the video he saw isn't the video of the actual act).
-- Dan

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: August 05, 2016, 12:39:16 PM »
Guys, did you hear Trump talking about the "video" of the plane going into Iran with the cash?
"nice plane".

I mean, he is at best dumb, and at worst a schizophrenic. Can we all agree now?'

Here's a video

So confusing which plane he saw is worse than hallucinating sniper shots on the ground in Bosnia. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Offline cholent

• View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: August 05, 2016, 12:40:44 PM »
Sounds like you feel Bill and Hill were great role models last time around.
No I don't. But I'm picking my poison here, and trump is worse. And that includes the way that the Clintons are poor role models, only more extreme
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1776 on: August 05, 2016, 12:51:33 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/donald-trump-and-the-fitness-threshold/2016/08/04/b06bae34-5a69-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html

"Why did Trump do it? It wasn’t a mistake. It was a revelation. It’s that he can’t help himself. His governing rule in life is to strike back when attacked, disrespected or even slighted. To understand Trump, you have to grasp the General Theory: He judges every action, every pronouncement, every person by a single criterion — whether or not it/he is “nice” to Trump."

"The dynamic of this election is obvious. As in 1980, the status quo candidate for a failed administration is running against an outsider. The stay-the-course candidate plays his/her only available card — charging that the outsider is dangerously out of the mainstream and temperamentally unfit to command the nation.

In 1980, Reagan had to do just one thing: pass the threshold test for acceptability. He won that election because he did, especially in the debate with Jimmy Carter in which Reagan showed himself to be genial, self-assured and, above all, nonthreatening. You may not like all his policies, but you could safely entrust the nation to him.

Trump badly needs to pass that threshold. If character is destiny, he won’t."
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: August 05, 2016, 01:06:40 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/donald-trump-and-the-fitness-threshold/2016/08/04/b06bae34-5a69-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html

"Why did Trump do it? It wasn’t a mistake. It was a revelation. It’s that he can’t help himself. His governing rule in life is to strike back when attacked, disrespected or even slighted. To understand Trump, you have to grasp the General Theory: He judges every action, every pronouncement, every person by a single criterion — whether or not it/he is “nice” to Trump."

"The dynamic of this election is obvious. As in 1980, the status quo candidate for a failed administration is running against an outsider. The stay-the-course candidate plays his/her only available card — charging that the outsider is dangerously out of the mainstream and temperamentally unfit to command the nation.

In 1980, Reagan had to do just one thing: pass the threshold test for acceptability. He won that election because he did, especially in the debate with Jimmy Carter in which Reagan showed himself to be genial, self-assured and, above all, nonthreatening. You may not like all his policies, but you could safely entrust the nation to him.

Trump badly needs to pass that threshold. If character is destiny, he won’t."
Trump is not Reagan, but 2016 is not 1980.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1778 on: August 05, 2016, 01:10:00 PM »
Same thing applies. All Trump had to do was pivot and make himself acceptable to people like me who want to be able to vote for him.
But the revelation here is that he really can't help himself and thinking he can change for the presidency is foolish.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: August 05, 2016, 02:03:44 PM »
Same thing applies. All Trump had to do was pivot and make himself acceptable to people like me who want to be able to vote for him.
But the revelation here is that he really can't help himself and thinking he can change for the presidency is foolish.
Agreed, but what happened these last two weeks is not as much that it was crazy, it was much more benign than many other things he has said or done, but more the amplification it received as the full fledged nominee with the MSM biased against him as well as confirmation bias from his previous actions. That the MSM focused on his statement about the Kahns over Hillary's outright lies about the emails is a choice made by the MSM not Trump. On the other hand this is an opportunity he handed them on a silver platter.

http://publiceditor.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/hillary-clinton-fox-email-interview-liz-spayd-public-editor/
Hillary Clinton, in a rare interview on Fox News last Sunday, claimed that the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey Jr., had called her statements about her private email servers “truthful” and said she has been consistent with the American people in her accounts about the controversy. As it turns out, Clinton’s contentions in the interview were misleading, bordering on false. 
If you’re getting all your political news from The New York Times, this may be the first time you’re hearing this. Clinton’s remarks were covered by several major news organizations, several of which pointedly challenged the Democratic nominee’s candor. But nothing on the interview ever appeared in The Times, either online or in print.