Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3770334 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #19600 on: April 13, 2018, 10:44:51 AM »
Positive to who? I only see negatives to people in that poll.
Then you don't understand basics about polls or math. You should stop because you are looking foolish.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #19601 on: April 13, 2018, 10:48:33 AM »
There are some who feel that it should be investigated about both and some who feel it should not be investigated about either. Then there are those who feel it shoul be investigated when it is about someone they oppose. Now add the numbers together.
And when there’s a bigger percentage of D’s of course the majority will say it should be investigated. No poll necessary. I’m only surprised only 51% say yes.

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19602 on: April 13, 2018, 10:52:25 AM »
Any time you want to bet against the poll you know where to find me. Yes polls get it wrong a minority of the time. An overwhelming amount of the time they get it right.
This type of poll is not betable (is that even a word?). No way to prove one way or the other so it could easily be messed around with. It would have to be a poll is followed by an actual vote.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #19603 on: April 13, 2018, 11:08:29 AM »
This type of poll is not betable (is that even a word?). No way to prove one way or the other so it could easily be messed around with. It would have to be a poll is followed by an actual vote.
I agree 100%. When you see poll for a race or any other thing that will have an outcome we can bet. This poll had a 16 point difference. Find any poll in the 8-10 point range and I will bet the house. This is standing offer to anyone who believes polls are fake news. I don't expect to get any offers just like on the election!!!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #19604 on: April 13, 2018, 11:10:03 AM »
And when there’s a bigger percentage of D’s of course the majority will say it should be investigated. No poll necessary. I’m only surprised only 51% say yes.
Only a 1/3 were D's. Even if 100% of them voted the same way where did the other 15% or so come from?

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #19605 on: April 13, 2018, 11:12:27 AM »
What percent of America votes independent ?

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19606 on: April 13, 2018, 11:13:33 AM »
Only a 1/3 were D's. Even if 100% of them voted the same way where did the other 15% or so come from?
Independents
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #19607 on: April 13, 2018, 11:16:43 AM »
Then you don't understand basics about polls or math. You should stop because you are looking foolish.
You are simply not understanding what I am saying. Stop getting stuck on Trump! We know the guy is a liar. We know Comey has more credibility than Trump. An FBI director is someone whose life blood is credibility. When it is going against a liar like Trump it should be an easy call for people to give him more credibility. He should easily have 70-80% giving him more credibility than ANY politician and even more when the politician is Trump. That he beats Trump in a landslide doesn't tell us anything new. That is what we were expecting. That he cannot break 50% and has so many who are unsure is bad news for Comey. I really don't know what fuzzy math you are trying to use to spin that away.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #19608 on: April 13, 2018, 11:22:05 AM »
You are simply not understanding what I am saying. Stop getting stuck on Trump! We know the guy is a liar. We know Comey has more credibility than Trump. An FBI director is someone whose life blood is credibility. When it is going against a liar like Trump it should be an easy call for people to give him more credibility. He should easily have 70-80% giving him more credibility than ANY politician and even more when the politician is Trump. That he beats Trump in a landslide doesn't tell us anything new. That is what we were expecting. That he cannot break 50% and has so many who are unsure is bad news for Comey. I really don't know what fuzzy math you are trying to use to spin that away.
Here is what you said:
That means that most Americans are either unsure or feel that Trump is more credible than him.
What you did is add the non-votes to Trump total but did not do the same for Comey. You tried to spin the poll in Trumps favor without using basic math.
Like I said let it go before you lose all credibility. I will look at as you just having fun on PC Friday.  ;)

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #19609 on: April 13, 2018, 11:36:12 AM »
Here is what you said:
That means that most Americans are either unsure or feel that Trump is more credible than him.
What you did is add the non-votes to Trump total but did not do the same for Comey. You tried to spin the poll in Trumps favor without using basic math.
Like I said let it go before you lose all credibility. I will look at as you just having fun on PC Friday.  ;)
You are not getting it. I am not discussing Trump. Trump's numbers are worse than him. It is not favorable to Trump at all.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #19610 on: April 13, 2018, 11:41:56 AM »
You are not getting it. I am not discussing Trump. Trump's numbers are worse than him. It is not favorable to Trump at all.
Look just own up to this was wrong, eat your crow and move on.  :)
"That means that most Americans are either unsure or feel that Trump is more credible than him"
There is no way the poll says Trump is more credible than Comey. I am going hound you on this until Shabbos!  :P

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #19611 on: April 13, 2018, 11:53:28 AM »
Look just own up to this was wrong, eat your crow and move on.  :)
"That means that most Americans are either unsure or feel that Trump is more credible than him"
There is no way the poll says Trump is more credible than Comey. I am going hound you on this until Shabbos!  :P
So you don't understand English either? I am not and never was making the claim that the poll shows Trump as being more credible than Comey. It DOES show that Comey has his own credibility problem if he cannot get a majority to say he is more credible than Trump. Trump's numbers are even worse.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #19612 on: April 13, 2018, 12:04:52 PM »
So you don't understand English either? I am not and never was making the claim that the poll shows Trump as being more credible than Comey. It DOES show that Comey has his own credibility problem if he cannot get a majority to say he is more credible than Trump. Trump's numbers are even worse.
No I understand English but maybe you don't know how to write it?
You wrote this for the hundredth time: "That means that most Americans are either unsure or feel that Trump is more credible than him"
You can't make a statement with fuzzy (wrong) math that Trump is more credible then say that wasn't your point. Say you misstated, was joking, having fun on PC Friday or anything to correct that false statement. If not I have all day.  :)

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #19613 on: April 13, 2018, 12:06:48 PM »
No I understand English but maybe you don't know how to write it?
You wrote this for the hundredth time: "That means that most Americans are either unsure or feel that Trump is more credible than him"
You can't make a statement with fuzzy (wrong) math that Trump is more credible then say that wasn't your point. Say you misstated, was joking, having fun on PC Friday or anything to correct that false statement. If not I have all day.  :)
How do most people being either unsure or feeling that Trump is more credible mean that Trump is more credible?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:24:17 PM by aygart »

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #19614 on: April 13, 2018, 12:36:56 PM »
How do most people being unsure or feeling that Trump is more credible mean that Trump is more credible?
DO I HAVE TO POST WHAT YOU SAID AGAIN?  >:( >:( >:(
No matter how you try and spin the poll it in no way says Trump is more credible than him. That is what you said. You did it by adding in non-votes which is not how polls work or basic math.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #19615 on: April 13, 2018, 12:40:00 PM »
DO I HAVE TO POST WHAT YOU SAID AGAIN?  >:( >:( >:(
No matter how you try and spin the poll it in no way says Trump is more credible than him. That is what you said. You did it by adding in non-votes which is not how polls work or basic math.
You are right that it does not say that Trump is more credible. I never wrote any such thing.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #19616 on: April 13, 2018, 12:44:50 PM »
You are right that it does not say that Trump is more credible. I never wrote any such thing.
You should have stopped at the first sentence!!!
...Trump is more credible than him.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #19617 on: April 13, 2018, 12:46:58 PM »
You should have stopped at the first sentence!!!
Why did I expect more from you than to take things out of context? Why did you leave out the word OR?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #19618 on: April 13, 2018, 12:51:53 PM »
Why did I expect more from you than to take things out of context? Why did you leave out the word OR?
Adding non-votes is wrong and like I said you don't understand polls or basic math.

You can't add non-votes then count them for Trump coming to the conclusion that he is more credible that Comey. That is wrong on so many levels. Stick with your majority defense which is somewhat defensible. 

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #19619 on: April 13, 2018, 12:54:54 PM »
Adding non-votes is wrong and like I said you don't understand polls or basic math.

You can't add non-votes then count them for Trump coming to the conclusion that he is more credible that Comey. That is wrong on so many levels. Stick with your majority defense which is somewhat defensible. 
I never came to that conclusion