Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3769829 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #1980 on: August 11, 2016, 11:29:01 AM »
As written-none of them. I would say exposed US secrets, Lied about Benghazi for political reasons but would not call it that the whole thing was her fault, While there was definitely a bias in her favor in the primaries I don't think it would have made a difference. I would have put Clinton Foundation and speech fees on there.
Huh?

How can you not agree with the one on the bottom left, it is just a statement of facts.

Quite a few Clinton enemies have died under mysterious circumstances over the past 25 years.

I agree that the rest of them aren't factual, but the one on the bottom is simply a statement of fact, even if she did nothing wrong in any of those.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1981 on: August 11, 2016, 11:32:09 AM »
Huh?

How can you not agree with the one on the bottom left, it is just a statement of facts.

Quite a few Clinton enemies have died under mysterious circumstances over the past 25 years.

I agree that the rest of them aren't factual, but the one on the bottom is simply a statement of fact, even if she did nothing wrong in any of those.
The top ones are untrue as written and the bottom while technically correct doesn't belong there.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: August 11, 2016, 11:33:16 AM »
Huh?

First of all, context has meaning too. It's not relevant unless you're implying she did have something to do with the deaths. And second of all, it's absolutely not pure fact. In what world is 'mysteriously' a fact, and who deemed them so?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: August 11, 2016, 11:43:52 AM »
First of all, context has meaning too. It's not relevant unless you're implying she did have something to do with the deaths. And second of all, it's absolutely not pure fact. In what world is 'mysteriously' a fact, and who deemed them so?
+1

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: August 11, 2016, 11:51:50 AM »
Re the whole "founder of ISIS' thing.

Here is the transcript from Hugh Hewiitt
HH: I’ve got two more questions. Last night, you said the President was the founder of ISIS. I know what you meant. You meant that he created the vacuum, he lost the peace.
DT: No, I meant he’s the founder of ISIS. I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton.
HH: But he’s not sympathetic to them. He hates them. He’s trying to kill them.
DT: I don’t care. He was the founder. His, the way he got out of Iraq was that that was the founding of ISIS, okay?
HH: Well, that, you know, I have a saying, Donald Trump, the pneumonic device I use is Every Liberal Really Seems So, So Sad. E is for Egypt, L is for Libya, S is for Syria, R is for Russia reset. They screwed everything up. You don’t get any argument from me. But by using the term founder, they’re hitting with you on this again. Mistake?
DT: No, it’s no mistake. Everyone’s liking it. I think they’re liking it. I give him the most valuable player award. And I give it to him, and I give it to, I gave the co-founder to Hillary. I don’t know if you heard that.
HH: I did. I did. I played it.
DT: I gave her the co-founder.
HH: I know what you’re arguing…
DT: You’re not, and let me ask you, do you not like that?
HH: I don’t. I think I would say they created, they lost the peace. They created the Libyan vacuum, they created the vacuum into which ISIS came, but they didn’t create ISIS. That’s what I would say.
DT: Well, I disagree.
HH: All right, that’s okay.
DT: I mean, with his bad policies, that’s why ISIS came about.
HH: That’s…
DT: If he would have done things properly, you wouldn’t have had ISIS.
HH: That’s true.
DT: Therefore, he was the founder of ISIS.
HH: And that’s, I’d just use different language to communicate it, but let me close with this, because I know I’m keeping you long, and Hope’s going to kill me.
DT: But they wouldn’t talk about your language, and they do talk about my language, right?
IMNO the most ridiculous line is the last. DT is running for president not HH

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: August 11, 2016, 12:06:40 PM »

Here is the transcript from Hugh HewiittIMNO the most ridiculous line is the last. DT is running for president not HH

HH is much too articulate for Trump. Trump doesn't like words with so many syllables.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #1986 on: August 11, 2016, 12:19:42 PM »
What? Pinkt fakert. A candidate like Romney or Kasich is a vegetable lasagna. Trump is leftover goulash if anything. Full of who knows what, very tempting, but likely rotten and going to give you a stomache ache. Clinton is no parve cholent either.
This calls for a Wiki update. With an expanded 9 day menu.
-- Dan

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: August 11, 2016, 12:41:11 PM »

Here is the transcript from Hugh HewiittIMNO the most ridiculous line is the last. DT is running for president not HH
This is a perfect illustration of how Trump has operated. He explicitly agrees with HH's interpretation of what he's saying, but disagrees that such an interpretation should preclude his proclamation. Not because he's correct, but because he thinks people like it and people are talking about it (in what is a positive way in his mind).

You have a talking point that's significant, and worth discussing. Many D's won't agree with the point, but at least it could be a legitimate debate. Instead, he couches it in the most outrageous terms possible, and in the most childish manner possible. Why is it better to have people discussing the way you said it, instead of the underlying point, which could more legitimately hurt your opponent?

Offline CS1

• View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #1988 on: August 11, 2016, 12:51:42 PM »
This calls for a Wiki update. With an expanded 9 day menu.

...and a pre-fast menu, and a post-fast-Feast-menu. Along with some drinks.   8)
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: August 11, 2016, 12:56:09 PM »
This is a perfect illustration of how Trump has operated. He explicitly agrees with HH's interpretation of what he's saying, but disagrees that such an interpretation should preclude his proclamation. Not because he's correct, but because he thinks people like it and people are talking about it (in what is a positive way in his mind).

You have a talking point that's significant, and worth discussing. Many D's won't agree with the point, but at least it could be a legitimate debate. Instead, he couches it in the most outrageous terms possible, and in the most childish manner possible. Why is it better to have people discussing the way you said it, instead of the underlying point, which could more legitimately hurt your opponent?

Well said
Visibly Jewish

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: August 11, 2016, 01:27:01 PM »

I think that his thinking is that if he would just say it the way you are saying then the media would be busy refuting the idea or even ignoring it. Now the idea is placed out there as a given without defense instead of being ignored or argued with. He gets painted as a blabber mouth and Hillary's reputation on security gets damaged. If he would simply talk about the emails them the media would bff saying how they are not so bad. Now the media is busy saying how wet should really be talking about the emails but we are distracted by this that he said something stupid. This implies that they are really bad. By the time they get to say the emails aren't so bad it is too late. Will it work? Maybe maybe not.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: August 11, 2016, 02:51:21 PM »
I want to take back what I said, when I stated that:
This year, Americans are forced to choose between a VEGETABLE LASAGNA and a PARVE CHOLENT.

The original context was:
Nothing has changed for me. If the GOP had nominated another vegetable lasagna I would be rooting for Hillary.
@Hachover clarified his remarks later saying that:
What? Pinkt fakert. A candidate like Romney or Kasich is a vegetable lasagna. Trump is leftover goulash if anything. Full of who knows what, very tempting, but likely rotten and going to give you a stomache ache. Clinton is no parve cholent either.

I am sorry that I misused this awesome moshol. So let's just clarify.

Bland, fake conservative, "stuffed suit," moderate Republican candidate = VEGETABLE LASAGNA
Is a PARVE CHOLENT then the (D) version of that?

Thank you, @Hachover, for your beautiful metaphors and for explaining them. (Also, I like your spelling of "pinkt farkert.")

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: August 11, 2016, 02:53:41 PM »
Now I need to redo my whole menu

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: August 11, 2016, 02:58:50 PM »
Scott Adams ‏@ScottAdamsSays 55m55 minutes ago

Scott Adams

Trump makes us think past the sale (again). Is Clinton a co-founder of ISIS or just one cause? Sale made. Discuss.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: August 11, 2016, 03:17:04 PM »
Accusing a president of creating ISIS is absolutely unacceptable.

https://twitter.com/FBillMcMorris/status/763793989552185345
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: August 11, 2016, 03:26:50 PM »
Accusing a president of creating ISIS is absolutely unacceptable.

https://twitter.com/FBillMcMorris/status/763793989552185345
Here is the tweet with the attached images:
        F. Bill McMorris@FBillMcMorris    Blaming a US president for creating ISIS is totally out of bounds--Media (as of today)

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: August 11, 2016, 03:59:02 PM »
Now I need to redo my whole menu
Lessons of staying in business. In today's day and age can't last too long without redoing the menu (especially if there are so few choices on it to begin with, and they are all laced with poison).
-- Dan

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: August 11, 2016, 06:38:27 PM »
I want to take back what I said, when I stated that:
The original context was:@Hachover clarified his remarks later saying that:
I am sorry that I misused this awesome moshol. So let's just clarify.

Bland, fake conservative, "stuffed suit," moderate Republican candidate = VEGETABLE LASAGNA
Is a PARVE CHOLENT then the (D) version of that?

Thank you, @Hachover, for your beautiful metaphors and for explaining them. (Also, I like your spelling of "pinkt farkert.")

Tayde rabba. Nice to be appreciated!
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: August 11, 2016, 06:45:29 PM »
Tayde rabba. Nice to be appreciated!

I love your havorah! You did that for me? Zeeskeit!

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: August 11, 2016, 08:05:25 PM »
I think that his thinking is that if he would just say it the way you are saying then the media would be busy refuting the idea or even ignoring it. Now the idea is placed out there as a given without defense instead of being ignored or argued with. He gets painted as a blabber mouth and Hillary's reputation on security gets damaged. If he would simply talk about the emails them the media would bff saying how they are not so bad. Now the media is busy saying how wet should really be talking about the emails but we are distracted by this that he said something stupid. This implies that they are really bad. By the time they get to say the emails aren't so bad it is too late. Will it work? Maybe maybe not.

Scott Adams ‏@ScottAdamsSays 55m55 minutes ago

Scott Adams

Trump makes us think past the sale (again). Is Clinton a co-founder of ISIS or just one cause? Sale made. Discuss.
Agree
 This is where noone besides Adams hives trump enough credit for. He frames the context of the conversation and media bites every time. I'm not sure if he doesn't naturally or intentionally but it works though it may backfire because he's too extreme