Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3856584 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #20320 on: May 09, 2018, 11:38:51 AM »
the whole debate is so dumb. how come every country that feels threatened by Iran feels it's a terrible deal and all the country's that have what to gain financially  (or legacy ie Obama kerry) think its a great idea?
I don't see many saying it is a great idea/deal. What is funny many here voted for Trump based on the lesser of two evils. This is also the lesser of two evils but they ignore that.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20321 on: May 09, 2018, 11:46:50 AM »
I don't see many saying it is a great idea/deal. What is funny many here voted for Trump based on the lesser of two evils. This is also the lesser of two evils but they ignore that.
no one against the plan believe it's the lesser of 2 evils. the Iranians were under great stress to come to the table because of sanctions and the Europeans and Obama let them out from under that pressure without getting what was needed.
Again, if this plan is better than no plan why are the Iranians desparate to keep it. you would think they would be happy to get out of the deal if the other options is better for them

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20322 on: May 09, 2018, 11:50:39 AM »
Again, if this plan is better than no plan why are the Iranians desparate to keep it. you would think they would be happy to get out of the deal if the other options is better for them
You are confusing the two sides. It is a good plan for them. For all of us it is the lesser of two evils.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20323 on: May 09, 2018, 11:53:55 AM »
No you deflected the question and you know it. I showed you the common curtesy by answering your "believe" question about your house. You claimed it was a yes/no answer and I gave you one. I expect the same for an honest discussion. If you can't man up and give a yes or no answer I ask you please don't respond to my posts and I won't respond to your posts.
I'm not going to continue going in circles, but it's very telling when your only answer to anything that goes contrary to your narrative is- you once deflected, especially when I answered your question multiple times.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20324 on: May 09, 2018, 11:54:18 AM »
WOW Haspel should come on this forum since she cant answer a simple question either.  :)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20325 on: May 09, 2018, 11:56:54 AM »
I'm not going to continue going in circles, but it's very telling when your only answer to anything that goes contrary to your narrative is- you once deflected, especially when I answered your question multiple times.
What is telling you wont show me the same common curtsey. My only response to you in this thread will be to answer the simple question.

In case you forgot here is your whole non-answer:
One simple question. Do you believe Trump knew nothing about the payment until a few days ago?
I have no way of knowing.
I did not ask if you knew, I asked if you believe. If you don't understand basic English I can explain the difference in the two words if you want but we both know that is not necessary. Now please answer the question that I asked you!!!
I don't know. Is that better?
I am not asking if you know. You don't know there is a G-d but you believe there is one I would hope.
Lets use this simple definition of believe for this question.
accept something as true; feel sure of the truth of
Now please answer the question.

Then you tried to switch so you wouldn't have to answer the question.
Do you believe I own a house?
Do you?
If you tell me you own a house I would believe you.
See that wasn't hard at all.  :)
Now you want to answer the question?
You didn't answer my question, it's a yes or no question.
You are not giving me nothing to base it on. Trump has made hundreds of statements on the subject. 
I have nothing to base it on but I will still answer your question, no.
Now please stop with your nonsense and answer the question.

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20326 on: May 09, 2018, 11:57:26 AM »
You are confusing the two sides. It is a good plan for them. For all of us it is the lesser of two evils.
not confusing anything. ... just looking at the Europeans track record on making deals with tyrants, just stellar

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20327 on: May 09, 2018, 12:00:01 PM »
not confusing anything. ... just looking at the Europeans track record on making deals with tyrants, just stellar
I am not sure what their track record is but will take your word for it. I am looking at this from a US point of view.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20328 on: May 09, 2018, 12:02:04 PM »
What is telling you wont show me the same common curtsey. My only response to you in this thread will be to answer the simple question.

In case you forgot here is your whole non-answer:
Then you tried to switch so you wouldn't have to answer the question.
I didn't try switching anything, I was trying to show you that sometimes the correct answer is I don't know, you twisted that by taking a guess and saying - see I answered the question even though you didn't answer it honestly.

Just grow up and move on.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20329 on: May 09, 2018, 12:07:02 PM »
I didn't try switching anything, I was trying to show you that sometimes the correct answer is I don't know, you twisted that by taking a guess and saying - see I answered the question even though you didn't answer it honestly.

Just grow up and move on.
There are hundreds of Trumps statements/actions to give a normal person enough information to answer. If you can't answer that simple question with all that information then how can you answer any question? We all know why you refuse to answer the question. You are not fooling anyone. Like I said already just don't respond to any of my post and I will do the same.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #20330 on: May 09, 2018, 12:17:42 PM »
Apologies to those that can read or appreciate the language, but I think this says it quite right, and might reflect quite a few people's feelings (though we can say the same about some other issues in addition to the Middle East geopolitics).

I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20331 on: May 09, 2018, 12:21:47 PM »
Apologies to those that can read or appreciate the language,
Not even going to try Google.  :)

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #20332 on: May 09, 2018, 01:03:45 PM »
Not even going to try Google.  :)

Actually google translate did a pretty decent job (they must have some Israelis working there, getting some of the language nuances).

Here's the unedited translation by Google.
Mr. President

Listen, do not get along with your opinions on so many things, from the climate crisis, abortion, minorities, the LGBT community, not enjoying the way you talk, how you behave to women, what family man you are, how you comb. I would not want to be your friend if you had friends.

But as far as your understanding of the Middle East conflict is concerned, you are absolutely accurate. When you have to distinguish who is good and who is bad, and when you have to act against evil with the tools that he understands, you are the best he has been. You are a gift that in our best dreams (at least our great part) we did not wish to receive.

Your predecessor, that guy Obama, was a man to my taste. How he talked, how he danced, and how funny he was, and how he shared it, and how his wife was so strong and successful and how everything in the place, apart from the simple understanding of the world. His greatness destroyed half the world, the entire Middle East (apart from us) and Europe as a result. The consequences of his actions will spread further and further in the world. What a terrible man in the history of the world.

It seems that you have received a certain personality, Mr. President, and there is no courtesy, and refinement is not something, but whatever you have received, simple proof and understanding of struggle, that is exactly what you needed now.

That's why I'm honored to invite you to dinner at my house, Magdara, salad, tehina, herbal teas, and until then you'll be healthy with all the junk you put. I can not stand you but I love you very much.

https://www.facebook.com/%D7%90%D7%91%D7%A8%D7%99-%D7%92%D7%9C%D7%A2%D7%93-Avri-Gilad-442617815831154/?hc_ref=ARQxE9Z2siDE9Pl_pUXQJFUPgTFYclmHFfuIiNIC8odWwsP5ICfqZDr4ssFftJ_qHHc&fref=nf
-- Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20333 on: May 09, 2018, 01:12:54 PM »
Actually google translate did a pretty decent job (they must have some Israelis working there, getting some of the language nuances).

Here's the unedited translation by Google.
Some of the stuff does not translate correctly but I get what he is saying. Thanks.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #20334 on: May 09, 2018, 01:16:57 PM »
Some of the stuff does not translate correctly but I get what he is saying. Thanks.
Obviously. I could have edited it, but I deliberately didn't as I think it did a good job in making you get what is being said, and thought Google deserves credit.

ETA: Based on certain omissions, I believe this was manually translated (or partially edited by someone), and somehow Google AI posted that translation when I pasted the Hebrew text into translate.google.com.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 01:23:24 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20335 on: May 09, 2018, 01:19:24 PM »
Obviously. I could have edited it, but I deliberately didn't as I think it did a good job in making you get what is being said, and thought Google deserves credit.
Most of the time I use Google it is for short phrases and one word translated wrong changes the whole meaning or makes no sense at all.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #20336 on: May 09, 2018, 01:23:49 PM »
Most of the time I use Google it is for short phrases and one word translated wrong changes the whole meaning or makes no sense at all.
See my edit above.

And now to an edited version using my skills:

Mr. President

Hey, I don't connect with your opinions on so many issues, starting with climate change, abortion, minorities, the LGBT community. I can't stand the way you talk, how you act towards women, the kind of family person you are, or your hairstyle. I wouldn't want to be your friend if you even have any friends.

But when it comes to your understanding of the Middle East conflict, you are 100% on the ball. When it comes to figuring out who the good guys are, and who the bad guys are, or how to treat the bad guys with the tools they understand, you are the best there has ever been. You are a godsend that we couldn't have wished for in our wildest dreams (at least most of us).

Your predecessor, that guy Obama, was a man to my liking. How he talked, how he danced, how entertaining he was, and boy was he handsome. How his wife was so powerful, influential and successful, and how everything fit right into place, except from figuring out how world operates. As a result, His Royal Niceness destroyed half the world, the entire Middle East (apart from us) and Europet. The consequences of his actions will spread further and further in the world. What a terrible man in the history of the world.

It seems, Mr. President, that your personality leaves some things to be desired. The same can be said about your manners and your finesse (or rather lack thereof). But you are blessed with a simple and clear undertanding of a struggle. That's exactly what is needed right now. And therefore, you are a good messenger, through which a relief has come to the Jewish nation.

It is therefore that I am honored to invite you to dinner at my house. Majadra, salad, tehina, herbal tea. And until then, may you be healthy with all the junk you shove down. I can't stand you, but I love you very much.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 01:45:01 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20337 on: May 09, 2018, 01:40:26 PM »
Saudi Arabia says it will build a bomb if Iran restarts its nuclear program. Now that's a positive step.  ::)

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #20338 on: May 09, 2018, 01:43:58 PM »
Saudi Arabia says it will build a bomb if Iran restarts its nuclear program. Now that's a positive step.  ::)
Just like building up nuclear and military might was a positive step in getting rid of the Soviet Empire.
-- Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20339 on: May 09, 2018, 01:46:17 PM »
Just like building up nuclear and military might was a positive step in getting rid of the Soviet Empire.
...and now we are left with Putin helping terrorist countries.
Are you saying more middle eastern countries getting the bomb is a positive step.