Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3848484 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #20880 on: June 04, 2018, 01:00:13 PM »
One thing good about this decision is it was 7-2. I wish all decisions were 6-3, 7-2, 8-1 or better yet 9-0!!!
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20881 on: June 04, 2018, 03:06:17 PM »
One thing good about this decision is it was 7-2. I wish all decisions were 6-3, 7-2, 8-1 or better yet 9-0!!!

You don’t realize 7-2 is very narrow margin?

https://twitter.com/OfficeOfMike/status/1003647247442161666
Visibly Jewish

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20882 on: June 04, 2018, 03:15:23 PM »
Do you ever have a point to make?

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20883 on: June 04, 2018, 03:26:34 PM »

https://twitter.com/OfficeOfMike/status/1003647247442161666
If one is going to make that point, maybe don't botch it by jumping straight from close to big win.

ETA: Also, narrow describes the scope of the ruling, not the margin. (Read the article, not the headline.)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-supreme-courts-narrow-ruling-on-a-wedding-cake-is-a-step-in-the-right-direction/2018/06/04/8b1fcc32-6813-11e8-bea7-c8eb28bc52b1_story.html?utm_term=.9ece135647b8
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 03:52:08 PM by skyguy918 »

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #20884 on: June 04, 2018, 04:15:39 PM »
Do you ever have a point to make?

I do, but I would have to put in to 2nd grade terms so you can comprehend.

In this case the point is: "The big news guys that many mommies and daddies read, can not be trusted. They even lie about stupid things that everyone will find out is a lie."

Capiche?
Visibly Jewish

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20885 on: June 04, 2018, 04:19:09 PM »
I do, but I would have to put in to 2nd grade terms so you can comprehend.

In this case the point is: "The big news guys that many mommies and daddies read, can not be trusted. They even lie about stupid things that everyone will find out is a lie."

Capiche?
Then you need to act like an adult and post a link to the article you are talking about. The news reports I seen talking about a narrow decision were not referring to the 7-2 vote. Now if you want an honest discussion post a link to the article so we can see the context so we know you are not just assuming the wrong thing again.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #20886 on: June 04, 2018, 04:26:23 PM »
If one is going to make that point, maybe don't botch it by jumping straight from close to big win.

Agree, the point I linked was to get all the images linked.

ETA: Also, narrow describes the scope of the ruling, not the margin. (Read the article, not the headline.)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-supreme-courts-narrow-ruling-on-a-wedding-cake-is-a-step-in-the-right-direction/2018/06/04/8b1fcc32-6813-11e8-bea7-c8eb28bc52b1_story.html?utm_term=.9ece135647b8

"AP: SC rules narrowly for Colorado baker"
The bakers case was ruled overwhelmingly in the bakers favor and narrowly in scope of the overall picture.
Now read the headlines in the tweet again.

Bad headlines should be criticized and are sometimes considered https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_journalism
Visibly Jewish

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #20887 on: June 04, 2018, 05:44:08 PM »
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-obama-and-the-jobs-report-1528137323

They were certainly not considered newsworthy in 2010 to most of the press corps. A June 2010 Journal editorial called “Obama’s ‘Whisper Number’” was among the very few to question the practice. The Journal editorial board asked:

Did President Obama contribute to last Friday’s stock market dive with a head fake to investors? Last Wednesday, in a speech at Pittsburgh’s Carnegie Mellon University, the President said, “After losing an average of 750,000 jobs a month during the winter of last year, we’ve now added jobs for five of the last six months, and we expect to see strong job growth in Friday’s report.”
Perhaps assuming that the President might have known something about the Department of Labor’s monthly unemployment report scheduled for two days later, investors immediately bid up U.S. stocks. On Wednesday, the Dow gained almost 226 points.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20888 on: June 04, 2018, 06:49:24 PM »
You are a "WHITE JEW"? What the h*ll does that mean? Is that different than a "BLACK JEW"?
Yes
black is a color/race
White is a color/
Jew is a religion/race

There are blacks Jews that might share black feelings, I'm not one of those therefore I can't represent their feelings.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 06:59:40 PM by yesitsme »
["-"]

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #20889 on: June 04, 2018, 06:58:41 PM »
So you feel when he lies about knowing who David Duke is and refusing to condemn him and the KKK does not speak to his views? How about saying there are good Nazi's that just about every Jewish organization condemned, doesn't speak to his views?

There are many other examples you can find with a simple Google search if you really want to know the truth about him. Don't be fooled by a anti-sematic bringing gifts.  ;)

P.S. You and the other Trumpsters should stick to defending his policies which are defensible.
Trump didn't endorse or recommend or befriended kkk duke, he did choose to ignore and then condemned kkk.

So trump is a racist for not jumping quick enough to condemn kkk duke
In contrary Obama was a friend with frhakin (sorry I forgot the name and I can't goggle it now) and anti Semite there are pictures of them together, he acted against Israel's interest all along and made relationships with terrorist org.

Iran is the same Iran Russia is the same Russia interesting when Obama is in office he has the right to befriend Russia and romney gets criticized for condemning Russia, a few years later everything flips, what trump said something nice to Russia I mean come on.
["-"]

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20890 on: June 04, 2018, 07:00:33 PM »
Yes
black is a color/race
White is a color/
Jew is a religion/race

There are blacks Jews that might have feelings how black feel, I'm not one of those therefore I can't represent their feelings.
You ever hear the terms Black Italian and White Italian?
AFAIK you are the first person on this forum that referred to themselves as a "White Jew".

Offline sguitarist18

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20891 on: June 04, 2018, 07:02:50 PM »
So you feel when he lies about knowing who David Duke is and refusing to condemn him and the KKK does not speak to his views? How about saying there are good Nazi's that just about every Jewish organization condemned, doesn't speak to his views?

There are many other examples you can find with a simple Google search if you really want to know the truth about him. Don't be fooled by a anti-sematic bringing gifts.  ;)

P.S. You and the other Trumpsters should stick to defending his policies which are defensible.

Honestly curious, did some googling and couldn't find - when did Trump explicitly say there were good Nazis?

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20892 on: June 04, 2018, 07:03:16 PM »
Agree, the point I linked was to get all the images linked.

"AP: SC rules narrowly for Colorado baker"
The bakers case was ruled overwhelmingly in the bakers favor and narrowly in scope of the overall picture.
Now read the headlines in the tweet again.

Bad headlines should be criticized and are sometimes considered https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_journalism
I disagree. I think the headlines appropriately describe the ruling. The fact that you're misinterpreting it to mean something else, which was false, does not make it a bad headline. The scope of the ruling is much more important to describe than the margin of the vote. You might even say the margin is irrelevant, while the scope is of utmost importance.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20893 on: June 04, 2018, 07:06:12 PM »
Trump didn't endorse or recommend or befriended kkk duke, he did choose to ignore and then condemned kkk.

So trump is a racist for not jumping quick enough to condemn kkk duke
In contrary Obama was a friend with frhakin (sorry I forgot the name and I can't goggle it now) and anti Semite there are pictures of them together, he acted against Israel's interest all along and made relationships with terrorist org.

Iran is the same Iran Russia is the same Russia interesting when Obama is in office he has the right to befriend Russia and romney gets criticized for condemning Russia, a few years later everything flips, what trump said something nice to Russia I mean come on.
Trying to deflect or use BO as an excuse doesn't cut it.

Trump choose to lie and say he did not know who Duke was. Why would he do that?

Trump is a racist based on his comments, actions, lack of commendation against racism among others things. I have said many times he is a good old boy racist. I don't expect you and others to be aware of what that is.

Offline sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #20894 on: June 04, 2018, 07:06:42 PM »
The phrase "narrow victory" implies that the victory itself was a close call.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20895 on: June 04, 2018, 07:07:34 PM »
Honestly curious, did some googling and couldn't find - when did Trump explicitly say there were good Nazis?
I took the liberty to change there are good people on both sides to there are good Nazi's.

ETA: exact words were “very fine people on both sides”
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 07:12:51 PM by ChaimMoskowitz »

Offline sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #20896 on: June 04, 2018, 07:14:20 PM »
I believe he said that AFTER he explicitly said that there were people other than neo-nazis there.

In other words, people who are NOT neo-nazis, who are NOT white supremacists, can indeed be fine people.

I can certainly understand why people who do not fall into either of those negative groups, people who may indeed be "fine people," might still have protested tearing down monuments to Confederate leaders. And I think the attempt by the media to lump them all into one neat, homogeneous mass of KKK-crazies might make for convenient headlines, but is not the truth.

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #20897 on: June 04, 2018, 07:14:26 PM »
I took the liberty to change there are good people on both sides to there are good Nazi's.

ETA: exact words were “very fine people on both sides”
And that's the typical way to turn trump into a racist #nytimes interpretation
["-"]

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20898 on: June 04, 2018, 07:17:38 PM »
And thats the typical whay to turn trump into a racist #nytimes interpretation
I don't need to turn him into anything. I know what he is.

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #20899 on: June 04, 2018, 07:19:35 PM »
I don't need to turn him into anything. I know what he is.
Can I twist everything you say because I know who you are based on twisting your words?
["-"]