Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3859341 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #21960 on: July 03, 2018, 12:29:32 PM »
I agree. I was just writing what I think was the explanation of what he wrote.
All you need to do is to use common sense. You think a good employee would file frivolous grievances? When he does have one filed on his behalf what would you expect the success rate to be?

The biggest benefit to the bad employees is many chances before being fired.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #21961 on: July 03, 2018, 12:29:47 PM »
You assumed I made that connection.
No. You made the connection without any assumptions. Can you provide an alternate way of understanding what you wrote?

Then the worker will find a boss who will treat him better. The employees most protected by unions are bad employees who don't do their work well, and should be fired but union regulations protect them from being fired. Good employees will find good jobs under an employer who is willing to pay them well and treat them well, instead we're all stuck paying the extra costs for employees who don't do their job well.
Now your racist views are showing again.

What does racism have to do with this discussion?
Who our all these bad employees that don't do their job? Fireman, police, teachers, hotel workers, postal employees?

Please explain to me why thousands of APWU grievances are won every year against USPS. Once you understand that you will understand why unions are needed more than ever.
Is this supposed to explain what this has to do with racism? Because I still don't see how.
The first question that wasn't answered. As with Trump it is not based on one statement.
I have no idea what you're trying to say, if someone else can explain it I would greatly appreciate it.
You claimed the unions are protecting these lazy workers that can't do their jobs. Who are these individuals you are talking about?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 12:33:13 PM by aygart »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21962 on: July 03, 2018, 12:36:35 PM »
100% BS and shows your lack of knowledge on the subject. The majority of grievances won are for excellent employees. Management tries and screw everyone.
Without the union, the good employees wouldn't be dragged down by management trying to screw the bad employees, and if management tries to screw the good employees, then they will go find a new employer who will treat them better. (I am NOT saying that good employees never get screwed, and I am not saying unions NEVER protect good employees, what I am saying is that if we stopped trying to tell the the market what to do, people would be paid and treated based on how well they do their job, and the market will fix any issues that good employees have)
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #21963 on: July 03, 2018, 12:37:29 PM »
No. You made the connection without any assumptions. Can you provide an alternate way of understanding what you wrote?
You have no way of knowing what my connection is. Based on many connections you made on other subjects it is nothing more than assumptions.

I still waiting for my answer of who these people are.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #21964 on: July 03, 2018, 12:38:48 PM »
Without the union, the good employees wouldn't be dragged down by management trying to screw the bad employees, and if management tries to screw the good employees, then they will go find a new employer who will treat them better. (I am NOT saying that good employees never get screwed, and I am not saying unions NEVER protect good employees, what I am saying is that if we stopped trying to tell the the market what to do, people would be paid and treated based on how well they do their job, and the market will fix any issues that good employees have)
You can repeat the BS over and over all you want. History has proven you wrong over and over!!!

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #21965 on: July 03, 2018, 12:40:48 PM »
There are bad employees in every industry.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #21966 on: July 03, 2018, 12:42:57 PM »
You can repeat the BS over and over all you want. History has proven you wrong over and over!!!
Do you believe we should ban sweat shops in third world countries?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #21967 on: July 03, 2018, 12:44:27 PM »
There are bad employees in every industry.
So you want to do away with unions because there is bad employees in every industry?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #21968 on: July 03, 2018, 12:46:24 PM »
Do you believe we should ban sweat shops in third world countries?
Yes.
sweatshop: A shop or factory in which employees work long hours at low wages under poor conditions.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #21969 on: July 03, 2018, 12:51:55 PM »
You have no way of knowing what my connection is. Based on many connections you made on other subjects it is nothing more than assumptions.

If you have an alternate explanation then feel free to present it. When you need to come onto your vague other subjects stupidity we know that the problem is you and not the one you are talking about.

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21970 on: July 03, 2018, 01:06:30 PM »
This is pure trash. History disagrees with your assertions.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #21971 on: July 03, 2018, 01:10:59 PM »
So you want to do away with unions because there is bad employees in every industry?
What I'm saying is that I feel unions are doing a bigger disservice than they are helping, by helping the bad employees at the expense of good employees, and causing everyone to pay more for everything to subsidize the bad employees.
Yes.
sweatshop: A shop or factory in which employees work long hours at low wages under poor conditions.
I would disagree, and allow sweatshops to exist, not because I think they're a good place to work, but because the people who work there have 2 bad options either work in the tough conditions for little pay, or have not work there and starve. Every single person working there feels that working there is the lesser of the 2 evils, and you want to take away their better option. (I know it's the better option because that's the one they chose.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #21972 on: July 03, 2018, 01:11:55 PM »
This is pure trash. History disagrees with your assertions.
Please be more specific, what in history disagrees with which assertion?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #21973 on: July 03, 2018, 01:15:43 PM »
What I'm saying is that I feel unions are doing a bigger disservice than they are helping, by helping the bad employees at the expense of good employees, and causing everyone to pay more for everything to subsidize the bad employees. I would disagree, and allow sweatshops to exist, not because I think they're a good place to work, but because the people who work there have 2 bad options either work in the tough conditions for little pay, or have not work there and starve. Every single person working there feels that working there is the lesser of the 2 evils, and you want to take away their better option. (I know it's the better option because that's the one they chose.
What do you think an American clothing company would do if they were prohibited for importing clothing from sweatshops?

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #21974 on: July 03, 2018, 01:18:59 PM »
Please be more specific, what in history disagrees with which assertion?
The fact that before unions, things didn't play out as described in your utopian, pure efficient market vision. Maybe point to one time/place where your vision was a reality.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #21975 on: July 03, 2018, 01:20:26 PM »
What do you think an American clothing company would do if they were prohibited for importing clothing from sweatshops?
Make them in more developed countries?
 Make them locally with more automation?

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #21976 on: July 03, 2018, 01:39:20 PM »
The fact that before unions, things didn't play out as described in your utopian, pure efficient market vision. Maybe point to one time/place where your vision was a reality.
It doesn't happen overnight.

https://www.adamsmith.org/blog/international/sweatshops-make-poor-people-better-off
And even the most noble-seeming campaigns can backfire. UNICEF argues that early 1990s campaigns to reduce child labour in Bangladesh’s formal economy led to children looking for income in much worse places: stone-crushing, street hustling, and prostitution.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #21977 on: July 03, 2018, 02:00:26 PM »
It doesn't happen overnight.

https://www.adamsmith.org/blog/international/sweatshops-make-poor-people-better-off
What doesn't happen overnight? Unions is a relatively new thing, and still largely doesn't exist in many countries. That should be enough of a pool for you to find one time/place where workers were largely better off than they are now due to the influence of unions.

And I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with that link.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #21978 on: July 03, 2018, 02:06:11 PM »
What doesn't happen overnight? Unions is a relatively new thing, and still largely doesn't exist in many countries. That should be enough of a pool for you to find one time/place where workers were largely better off than they are now due to the influence of unions.

And I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with that link.
My point with the link is that the free market helps the poor better than government involvement.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #21979 on: July 03, 2018, 02:16:35 PM »
My point with the link is that the free market helps the poor better than government involvement.
Unions don't constitute government involvement.