Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3824308 times)

Online yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #2240 on: August 25, 2016, 02:30:41 PM »
you are correct she's been +7.9, but it was very short. She's now +6, so it's a very small gain.

Yes that's what I said, a small trend towards Trump.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Matovu

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond,
« Reply #2241 on: August 25, 2016, 02:33:45 PM »
People don't forget so quickly.

He's all over the news on his somersaults on immigration in the past few days.
Nothing on Drudge so the faithful really have no clue.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2242 on: August 25, 2016, 03:49:03 PM »
That the AP's report that half her meetings with non governmental...... were Foundation donors did not seem to shock anyone says more than the report itself.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: August 25, 2016, 04:07:33 PM »
Yes that's what I said, a small trend towards Trump.
yep. I agree with you

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: August 25, 2016, 04:08:50 PM »
That the AP's report that half her meetings with non governmental...... were Foundation donors did not seem to shock anyone says more than the report itself.
Are you still denying that Trump is flip flopping on immigration?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: August 25, 2016, 04:09:44 PM »
Are you still denying that Trump is flip flopping on immigration?
Still? when did I ever deny such a thing?

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: August 25, 2016, 04:11:42 PM »

Can you explain what is happening with his immigration policy witout quoting MSM?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: August 25, 2016, 04:12:44 PM »

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: August 25, 2016, 04:15:33 PM »
How is that a denial?
What were you implying?

Youre not worth my time. You don't know how to have an honest discussion.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: August 25, 2016, 04:26:48 PM »
What were you implying?

Youre not worth my time. You don't know how to have an honest discussion.
Can you explain what is happening with his immigration policy witout quoting MSM? If yes, how does it differ from the very typical general election softening of positions from the primary?
I didn't say there was or wasn't, but you still have not explained any pivot at all.
I was very clear from the get go that I was not denying a softening. You still haven't been able to answer those 2 questions.

"You say Trump lied to get some votes in the primaries? Snore. They all lied. He just did it better."

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #2250 on: August 25, 2016, 06:07:45 PM »
I was very clear from the get go that I was not denying a softening. You still haven't been able to answer those 2 questions.

"You say Trump lied to get some votes in the primaries? Snore. They all lied. He just did it better."
I answered those questions, it's his signature issue, you can't flip flop on your signature issue. And his surrogates stopped answering the deportation questions. (and now he is saying it as straight out as a neurotic liar can say something straight out)

I'm done with you. Your like all Trump surrogates, it's like talking to a wall.

To quote your leader "dumb like a rock".
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 06:11:57 PM by Baruch »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2251 on: August 25, 2016, 06:12:16 PM »
The Shillary surrogates are any different? If there's a real scandal that's Wikileaked do you think they'll care?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: August 25, 2016, 06:14:33 PM »
The Shillary surrogates are any different? If there's a real scandal that's Wikileaked do you think they'll care?
They are not different. But at least they're talented at it. Trump's surrogates you literally can't talk to, it's a new level. It's as if words have no meaning. And I honestly feel like that lately when talking to aygart. It frustrates me. And I don't like to be frustrated. Nothing personal.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: August 25, 2016, 06:33:12 PM »

To quote your leader "dumb like a rock".
I am not the one who fell for it you are. I never had a hava amina that he would round them all up. Think about the difference between you and what you are hallucinating me to be. Your statements about Trump fit the worst pictures in your hallucinations only the other direction. I never said that Trump is a conservative. I never said he is an honest likeable person. I never even said that I thought he would be a good president. During the primaries I wrote this:

(date above is wrong)
Over this week a came up with the first semi-rational reason I was able to think of for why someone would vote for Trump. It has nothing to do with the establishment or anything of the sort. This country is being overrun by a cancer call political correctness. The PC police make people scared to say anything because it may offend someone. We have seen people destroyed simply due to a political opinion that some groups called discriminatory. People feel that Trump is the chemotherapy for this cancer. He may end up being a horrible president, but no one ever saidchemo is pleasant. His bad p[olicies can be reversed by future presidents but if we lost our freedom of expression we lost our country.

ETA: I personally would probably support Cruz, but I finally came up with some reason why someone would vote for Trump.

What I am seeing is that you are constantly painting every little thing he does in the absolute worst possible way even when it is clear that it is not what he meant or that it is very typical political posturing. This is to the extent that you could be a surrogate for Bill Krystol. That may be why you are getting so frustrated. You cannot deal with anyone even saying that Trump is not as bad as the antis are making him to be. I am sure that there are times that I went too far in my defense of Trump or attacks on Hillary. Anyone who is honest with themselves will realize that they can do that. You seem to be unable. As such you are imagining me to have certain opinions and are then arguing with your hallucinations and blaming it on me.

Online yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: August 25, 2016, 06:35:28 PM »
I answered those questions, it's his signature issue, you can't flip flop on your signature issue.

Trump should follow the Obama playbook.
Don't flipflop on your signature issues, just lie about them.

"If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan"
"We agree on reforms that will finally reduce the costs of health care. Families will save on their premiums."
"My administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in government."
"If we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do.  I will get our troops home, we will end this war.  You can take that to the bank."

Trump is a real n00b.

Visibly Jewish

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #2255 on: August 25, 2016, 07:14:01 PM »

Trump is a real n00b.
My initial reaction was to say that the Rs should all follow that playbook. But I immediately realized that doesn't make sense, there would be no difference between them.

If the American public chooses to elect people that will lie to enact bad legislation, while the writing was on the wall in bold letters saying that this can't work the way promised, then all we can say is that our "form of government is the one that we deserve".

Now DJT was never a conservative, so for him to follow BHO's playbook, makes perfect sense (though it would go against his grain, as he is incapable of keeping his cool and lying blatantly while keeping a straight face like BHO).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: August 25, 2016, 07:31:28 PM »

"If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan"
"We agree on reforms that will finally reduce the costs of health care. Families will save on their premiums."
"My administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in government."
"If we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do.  I will get our troops home, we will end this war.  You can take that to the bank."

Trump is a real n00b.
that can be done to get legislation passed or the like. What trump is doing is the regular hardline for primaries and soften in the general. What lie should he have said? That he won't deport them? He wouldn't have won the primaries. That he will? That he needs to soften. The difference isn't between what he says and what happens but between what he says and what he says.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: August 25, 2016, 07:33:12 PM »
They are not different. But at least they're talented at it. Trump's surrogates you literally can't talk to, it's a new level. It's as if words have no meaning.
I just spit out my drink this is so funny. This comes from the masters of it depends what the definition of is "is". Someone needs a reality check.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #2258 on: August 25, 2016, 07:40:53 PM »
I just spit out my drink this is so funny. This comes from the masters of it depends what the definition of is "is". Someone needs a reality check.
The big difference is the expression on their face and the body language.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: August 25, 2016, 07:47:11 PM »
The big difference is the expression on their face and the body language.
I will leave that one alone.  :)
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(