Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3827160 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #22840 on: August 15, 2018, 02:32:36 PM »
No but it is to describe something they ideologically cannot accept and has nothing to do with their intelligence.

Some of the people o say it about are extremely smart
I don't accept Judaism but I can understand the things you explain.
What is so hard to understand that constantly referering to blacks as dumb, stupid, low IQ and other terms insulting their intellegence is racist in nature?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #22841 on: August 15, 2018, 02:33:33 PM »
What is so hard to understand that constantly referering to blacks as dumb, stupid, low IQ and other terms insulting their intellegence is racist in nature?
Does DeVos constantly do that?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #22842 on: August 15, 2018, 02:34:41 PM »
Does DeVos constantly do that?
Not in public that I know of.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #22843 on: August 15, 2018, 02:37:19 PM »
Not in public that I know of.
So then why is this a big deal?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #22844 on: August 15, 2018, 02:39:28 PM »
So then why is this a big deal?
Why is it a big deal WH individuals make racist comments against blacks?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #22845 on: August 15, 2018, 02:41:14 PM »
Why is it a big deal WH individuals make racist comments against blacks?
You said the only thing racist would be saying these types of thing regularly?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #22846 on: August 15, 2018, 02:44:02 PM »
You said the only thing racist would be saying these types of thing regularly?
Let me be clear on this. Doing it once still makes it racist. Constantly doing it after you are aware of it makes you a racist. AKA: TRUMP!!!

Offline springles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22847 on: August 15, 2018, 02:50:43 PM »
But if I was trying to explain something about judaism to you and you were just booing and heckling me I would say that you do not have the capacity to understand. Not because of your race or religion but because you are unwilling to listen and therefore incapable of understanding.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #22848 on: August 15, 2018, 02:57:11 PM »
But if I was trying to explain something about judaism to you and you were just booing and heckling me I would say that you do not have the capacity to understand. Not because of your race or religion but because you are unwilling to listen and therefore incapable of understanding.
From the article: "Meaning, all those black students were too stupid to understand her agenda," Manigault Newman said, explaining that she had told the education secretary: “They get it. They get it, and they aren’t happy about you or your goals.”

To use your Judaism example. You can explain all you want why women should shave their head and I will heckle you but that doesn't mean I don't have the capacity to understand what you are saying. I have the capacity and that is why I would say you are a nutcase!  :)

Disclaimer: I have no idea if you are in the head shaving camp.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #22849 on: August 15, 2018, 03:18:38 PM »
From the article: "Meaning, all those black students were too stupid to understand her agenda," Manigault Newman said, explaining that she had told the education secretary: “They get it. They get it, and they aren’t happy about you or your goals.”

To use your Judaism example. You can explain all you want why women should shave their head and I will heckle you but that doesn't mean I don't have the capacity to understand what you are saying. I have the capacity and that is why I would say you are a nutcase!  :)

The meaning is her interpretation and not necessarily wat was meant. As I wrote before, I use such wording very regularly in ways having nothing to do with intelligence. To that you responded that doing such things constantly is different. I can hear that, but we have no evidence that DeVos has done so. This is guilt by association.

Online aygart

• View Profile

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #22851 on: August 15, 2018, 03:42:08 PM »

so we are relying on omarosa's interpretation of what devos meant? The comment can be interpreted as racist but just as easily can be understood as having nothing to do with race. I am not going to assume that a comment that we dont even know if it was really made was said with racist intentions when I can just as easily understand it as a non racist comment. The only reason i can think to do so is to confirm some preconceived notion of devos as a bad person.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #22852 on: August 15, 2018, 03:44:20 PM »
some preconceived notion of devos as a bad person.
Who would possibly have that?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #22853 on: August 15, 2018, 03:44:34 PM »
The meaning is her interpretation and not necessarily wat was meant. As I wrote before, I use such wording very regularly in ways having nothing to do with intelligence. To that you responded that doing such things constantly is different. I can hear that, but we have no evidence that DeVos has done so. This is guilt by association.
You don't do it against a whole race. I am sure you see the distinction.

Offline sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #22854 on: August 15, 2018, 03:48:05 PM »

Just read the article. Even based on her version of the quote, the author is very much twisting it...and then to jump from there to suggest that she's saying it because of the crowd's race...that's just a stretch.

If Devros was making a point that she felt was valid, if she had a platform that she felt was important, but that people were refusing or unable to hear/understand, it would make sense that she would respond by saying that the crowd simply lacked the capacity to understand what she was doing - they did not appreciate the benefits of her plans. You can disagree with her, whether her plans and ideas are good, and whether she's right or wrong about the crowd lacking the capacity to truly understand her goals...but all of that isn't racist.

She was talking about that particular crowd, not referring to their race at all. It was the author who injected that spin on things.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #22855 on: August 15, 2018, 03:49:26 PM »
so we are relying on omarosa's interpretation of what devos meant? The comment can be interpreted as racist but just as easily can be understood as having nothing to do with race. I am not going to assume that a comment that we dont even know if it was really made was said with racist intentions when I can just as easily understand it as a non racist comment. The only reason i can think to do so is to confirm some preconceived notion of devos as a bad person.
I said the comment is racist. Impugning the intelligence of black individuals is racist.

I have no idea if she said that or not. I am not arguing that. I am pointing out that a comment like that is racist. You for some reason want to argue if she made that comment and the context she used it in.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #22856 on: August 15, 2018, 03:50:00 PM »
You don't do it against a whole race. I am sure you see the distinction.
Where did she say it about a whole race? She said it about a group of students who booed her. Why are you blindly accepting the book's interpretation?
The only reason i can think to do so is to confirm some preconceived notion of devos as a bad person.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #22857 on: August 15, 2018, 03:50:44 PM »
I said the comment is racist. Impugning the intelligence of black individuals is racist.

I have no idea if she said that or not. I am not arguing that. I am pointing out that a comment like that is racist. You for some reason want to argue if she made that comment and the context she used it in.
Where are you getting it from that it had anything to do with intelligence at all?

Offline sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #22858 on: August 15, 2018, 03:51:46 PM »

It's racist if you're doing it because they're black! If someone tells me I have bad posture, they're commenting on me - if they  say, "you have bad posture like all the jews," that's racist.

In this case this particular crowd showed they weren't interested in hearing what she had to say (she commented that it was because they didn't really understand her plans and goals). She was commenting on this particular crowd, and I suspect she would have said the same thing had it been a crowd of white liberals who had booed her.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 03:56:09 PM by sguitarist18 »

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #22859 on: August 15, 2018, 03:52:22 PM »
Just read the article. Even based on her version of the quote, the author is very much twisting it...and then to jump from there to suggest that she's saying it because of the crowd's race...that's just a stretch.

If Devros was making a point that she felt was valid, if she had a platform that she felt was important, but that people were refusing or unable to hear/understand, it would make sense that she would respond by saying that the crowd simply lacked the capacity to understand what she was doing - they did not appreciate the benefits of her plans. You can disagree with her, whether her plans and ideas are good, and whether she's right or wrong about the crowd lacking the capacity to truly understand her goals...but all of that isn't racist.

She was talking about that particular crowd, not referring to their race at all. It was the author who injected that spin on things.
Why would you assume they don't understand or comprehend her goals. They reason they are booing is because they do understand and are 100% against them.