Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3771506 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Donald Trump for president what do u think?
« Reply #260 on: July 19, 2015, 01:48:55 PM »
TRUMP - both categories multiple times.

At least he speaks his mind...

I don't think it stops off in his mind before he talks.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 19, 2015, 02:52:16 PM »
Like McCain is not a war hero?

I'm not a huge fan of Trump, so I will not rush to his defense. However, I will respond to your question.

Those were poorly chosen words, words which if used by any other candidate would have them falling over themselves apologizing. but I listened to the full context of what he said, and you can listen too. He made the following points:

-McCain may be called a hero because of what he has done 45 years ago, but he has done nothing heroic as a politician. Thousands of vets are suffering because of a broken system which McCain has done little to fix.

-Getting captured is not the only thing that makes one a hero. Soldiers that fight and don't get captured are also heroes, despite the lack of fanfare, and they deserve to be treated as such. (He did not use those words, but he has stated that this is what he meant. Whether or not you want to believe him is entirely up to you.)

-McCain insulted tousands of civilians by calling the thousands of people that support trump "crazies". (By the way, this is a much harder statement to explain and McCain has not apologized for this.)

My personal opinion is that McCain is definitely a war hero who fought courageously on behalf of his country. Something I have never done. However, he is the very definition of a sellout politician. In short, good soldier - bad politician. (Reminds me of Ariel Sharon.)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 19, 2015, 06:12:45 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of Trump, so I will not rush to his defense. However, I will respond to your question.
Actually you danced around my question. You claim he makes good points so I will ask you again. Did he make a good point by saying McCain is not a war hero and then saying he is a war hero only because he was captured.

I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline itsyehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 19, 2015, 06:38:46 PM »

Actually you danced around my question. You claim he makes good points so I will ask you again. Did he make a good point by saying McCain is not a war hero and then saying he is a war hero only because he was captured.

McCain has got to go. He's the one who is crazy. The guy never saw a rebel he didn't want to arm.

He has no idea who the players are and he's sending weapons, posing for photo ops with terrorist kidnappers.

He's a terrible politician and very bad for the country.

And he deserves the comments that he got for what he said about the Trump supporters. Many of whom were no doubt veterans.

And shame on Rubio for saying that this comment should disqualify Trump. That kind of media/ sound bite/ superficiality based electioneering is what the democrats thrive on and how issues can take a back seat to the media circus.

Trump is not the best on all of the conservative positions. For that, it's gotta be Cruz or Walker. But what is exciting about Trump is how he is completely unafraid of the media, and won't back off in the face of controversy.

If more seasoned business executives would run things in Washington instead of bureaucrats, perhaps things would get done, on time, and on budget.
I remember when a coke was a nickel, and you could buy VRs in OD.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 19, 2015, 06:46:21 PM »
Another one that wants to dance around the issue. This thread is about the clown and now piece of sh*t Trump.

I love how some talk about his business skills. How times will he bankrupt this country before he gets it right?

Offline itsyehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 19, 2015, 06:49:13 PM »

Another one that wants to dance around the issue. This thread is about the clown and now piece of sh*t Trump.

I love how some talk about his business skills. How times will he bankrupt this country before he gets it right?

Whoa. If you've gotta go vulgar, you've already lost the debate, Count.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 19, 2015, 06:54:59 PM »
Whoa. If you've gotta go vulgar, you've already lost the debate, Count.
How can you have a debate when someone will not even acknowledge the facts? What have I said vulgar to you? The POS comment was actually tame considering how I really feel about this guy. Is everyone so naïve to not understand the more traction this clown gets the less chance the R's have of winning?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 19, 2015, 07:00:40 PM »
For all the Trump supporters. Did he ever serve it the military or did this coward use some standard tricks to get out of service?

Offline itsyehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 19, 2015, 07:00:48 PM »

How can you have a debate when someone will not even acknowledge the facts? What have I said vulgar to you? The POS comment was actually tame considering how I really feel about this guy. Is everyone so naïve to not understand the more traction this clown gets the less chance the R's have of winning?

I didn't dance around the issue. I explained why I'm not bothered by his comments about McCain. If he's gonna get in the ring, and throw punches, he better be able to take some. And if every time someone says something about him, people cry that he was a hero, it's a disservice to the public discourse.

The only part that does bother me is the implications on OTHER captured war heroes. But I don't think that he meant to belittle them.

We have an instance of McCain calling hundreds of vets "crazies", he doesn't get to hide behind his service for this.

You clearly don't like Trump. I'm enjoying the freshness he's bringing to this cycle. Did you see how he handled Katy Tur? It was amazing to see after how the media destroyed Palin and Romney. Finally someone who turn the tables.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 19, 2015, 07:05:30 PM »
I didn't dance around the issue. I explained why I'm not bothered by his comments about McCain. If he's gonna get in the ring, and throw punches, he better be able to take some. And if every time someone says something about him, people cry that he was a hero, it's a disservice to the public discourse.
Here we go again with all this other stuff to confuse the issue. This isn't about McCain. My comment was directed at a member who feels Trump makes good points. All I asked was a simple question if saying McCain is not a war hero was making a good point.

Offline itsyehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: July 19, 2015, 07:07:32 PM »

Here we go again with all this other stuff to confuse the issue. This isn't about McCain. My comment was directed at a member who feels Trump makes good points. All I asked was a simple question if saying McCain is not a war hero was making a good point.

My (apparently incorrect?) understanding was that your renewed vitriol was due to anger over the war hero comments.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 19, 2015, 07:15:06 PM »
My (apparently incorrect?) understanding was that your renewed vitriol was due to anger over the war hero comments.
Your understanding is spot on. Saying McCain is not a war hero got me going. My question regardless how I feel about Trump is was this one of the good points some claim that Trump makes. Simple yes or no would work but instead all the other stuff has to be brought in.

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #272 on: July 19, 2015, 07:23:45 PM »
Hello?? What don't you guys get? The reason McCain didn't apologize for calling supporters of the Donald carzies is because he (together with the majority of Americans and even the majority of Republicans) stand behind that statement. Is Trump the only one who is allowed to "speak his mind"?

Offline itsyehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 19, 2015, 07:24:13 PM »

Your understanding is spot on. Saying McCain is not a war hero got me going. My question regardless how I feel about Trump is was this one of the good points some claim that Trump makes. Simple yes or no would work but instead all the other stuff has to be brought in.

Your jockeying to get a yes or no answer to your one question and ranting about everyone else's well reasoned posts as being off topic is damaging your credibility in the discussion.

JJ didn't say that EVERY point he ever made was a good point. Some are, some aren't.

So you found something he said that wasn't a particularly good point. Those weren't the comments his admirers are responding to, and you know it. His proclivity to engage in verbal jousting with everyone who criticizes him is an aspect of his larger than life personality. It's part of his mass market appeal as an entertainer that makes him more fun to watch than dead, lifeless Jeb and his RINO cohorts.

His good points are in things like immigration, Iran  Deal, Bergdahl and others.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #274 on: July 19, 2015, 07:26:06 PM »
...It's part of his mass market appeal as an entertainer...
Is that who you want as a president?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 19, 2015, 07:31:25 PM »
Your jockeying to get a yes or no answer to your one question and ranting about everyone else's well reasoned posts as being off topic is damaging your credibility in the discussion.

JJ didn't say that EVERY point he ever made was a good point. Some are, some aren't.

So you found something he said that wasn't a particularly good point. Those weren't the comments his admirers are responding to, and you know it. His proclivity to engage in verbal jousting with everyone who criticizes him is an aspect of his larger than life personality. It's part of his mass market appeal as an entertainer that makes him more fun to watch than dead, lifeless Jeb and his RINO cohorts.

His good points are in things like immigration, Iran  Deal, Bergdahl and others.
Thank you, so the war comment was not a good point. That is all I was asking.

Offline itsyehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 19, 2015, 07:31:38 PM »

Not necessarily, but for now the infusion of non politician speak into the debates is healthy and refreshing. As the candidates and campaigns mature, we will see who is most compelling.

On ideals my top two are Cruz and Walker. But for right now, Trump is fun, and I do agree with many of these points.

I am concerned by his less than stellar conservative credentials.

If I feel he is too big government, I won't support him.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 19, 2015, 07:35:16 PM »
Another very simple question, h*ll no.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 19, 2015, 07:40:43 PM »
On Sunday, Florida Senator Marco Rubio said on CNN's State of the Union that he agrees with fellow Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry, an Air Force veteran who said Saturday that Trump's comments make him unfit to serve as commander-in- chief.

"This is not just an insult to John McCain, who clearly is a war hero and a great man, but it's an insult to all POWs, to all men and women who have served us in uniform, who have been captured in battle," Rubio said. "And this somehow makes the assumption that somehow, if you are captured in battle you're less worthy of honors than someone who isn't. It's not just absurd. It's offensive. It's ridiculous, and I do think it is a disqualifier as commander-in-chief."

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #279 on: July 19, 2015, 07:41:27 PM »
Not necessarily, but for now the infusion of non politician speak into the debates is healthy and refreshing. As the candidates and campaigns mature, we will see who is most compelling.

On ideals my top two are Cruz and Walker. But for right now, Trump is fun, and I do agree with many of these points.

I am concerned by his less than stellar conservative credentials.

If I feel he is too big government, I won't support him.
That was a very long way to answer no...