Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3830838 times)

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #26540 on: November 29, 2018, 09:56:37 PM »
A MASSIVE amount!!! Next question?
Like double than Trump...

So what was your point in your OP?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26541 on: November 29, 2018, 10:19:51 PM »
So what was your point in your OP?
Trump suffered a massive loss by losing 39 seats when he claims the country is in the best shape it has ever been in.
Those are the facts not the Hannity Kool-Aid spin you tried to put on it.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26542 on: November 29, 2018, 10:58:02 PM »
A Democrat congresswoman-elect is defending a CNN contributor who called for the annihilation of the state of Israel.

www.twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/status/1068321710791950337

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26543 on: November 29, 2018, 11:03:39 PM »
A Democrat congresswoman-elect is defending a CNN contributor who called for the annihilation of the state of Israel.

www.twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/status/1068321710791950337
Why dont you just look at the facts?

https://twitter.com/SethAMandel/status/1068348265173852160

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1068335892950106113.html

1. The position that CNN was wrong to end Marc Lamont Hill’s contributorship over his anti-Semitism is perfectly legitimate and defensible—and is the position I tend to take on such controversies, very much including anti-Israel figures. But I disagree this time. I’ll explain why
2. There are two reasons. The first is the nature of the job. If MLH were, idk, an exec at a construction company or something, firing him over his views would be insane and cruel. But that’s not the case here—and indeed he’s not in danger of losing his day job.
3. CNN gig is the network bringing him on occasionally to opine on current affairs. His views on current affairs are riddled w/overt bigotry. I also thought Fox was right to banish its guest who made anti-Semitic comments about Soros. No reason to bring the guy back on air. None.
4. My views on Fox not bringing back on bigoted pundits are unremarkable. When the same principle is applied to CNN, it’s considered censorious—even though MLH has a far more prestigious and influential place in politics and culture than the Fox guy you don’t even remember.
5. And that, one suspects, is one reason for the hypocrisy: leftists think pawns can be taken off the board at will but please leave the bishop alone. That anti-Semites are considered so valuable to liberalism (the Forward defense of Sarsour et al) is a chilling admission.
6. The second reason is the nature of the comments. He did not call some Jewish guy greedy or scheming or whatever. No dog whistles. He used the single most famous genocidal anti-Israel call to arms in existence. To a room full of states who take such action!
7. And in the same speech, he told a room full of representatives of terror-supporting anti-Semitic states to *ignore calls for nonviolence regarding the Jewish state.* I think it’s kind of getting lost just how completely psychotic his speech actually was.
8. When he concluded with the famous genocidal slogan, the entire hall was electric with enthusiastic applause. It was like watching a between-the-wars Bavarian beer hall times a hundred.
9. But there’s a key difference: it wasn’t just a hall of angry people. It was a hall of representatives of countries around the world, at the headquarters of the world body, with that body’s imprimatur.

Have you completely lost your goddamned minds?
10. Now again, you can defend his pundit job without defending his remarks. But the campaign to portray this as just a political disagreement is disingenuous in the extreme. If your position is there are no lines, fine. But if a line exists, MLH is on the wrong side of it. /fin
Anyhoo that’s where I’m coming from. I cannot imagine defending MLH’s conduct—because it’s indefensible. But I absolutely *can* understand defending his paid CNN role to occasionally come on air and vomit nonsense. It is tv, after all. Thanks for listening.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1068281199683035136
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 11:11:45 PM by yesitsme »
["-"]

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #26544 on: November 29, 2018, 11:26:41 PM »
Why dont you just look at the facts?

I'm not sure what you are saying.

Offline BZ12

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 46
    • View Profile
« Reply #26545 on: November 29, 2018, 11:34:45 PM »
Here is some more facts. Presidents don't always lose in the mid-terms or get destroyed like Trump did.
President John F. Kennedy's Democrats lost just four seats in the House and gained three seats in the Senate.
And in 1998, President Bill Clinton gained five seats in the House and stayed even in the Senate.[/b]

Trump suffered a massive loss by losing 39 seats when he claims the country is in the best shape it has ever been in.
Those are the facts not the Hannity Kool-Aid spin you tried to put on it.

What a farce!! OD on Maddow? Or simple ignorance? You put Hannity to shame! MSNBC should give you primetime!

When John F. Kennedy was narrowly elected in 1960, Democrats actually lost 20 House seats about 40 percent of their 1958 gain and another 2 in 1962 midterms.
The Republican Revolution Midterms of President Bill Clinton's first term gave a 54-seat swing from Democrats to Republicans, the Republican Party gained a majority of seats in the United States House of Representatives for the first time since 1952 and a majority of votes for the first time since 1946. It was also the largest seat gain for the Republican Party since 1946, and the largest for either party since 1948. In result The Republicans would go on to remain the majority party of the House for the following 12 years, including 1998 until the 2006 elections.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 11:45:44 PM by BZ12 »

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #26546 on: November 29, 2018, 11:47:15 PM »
What a farce!! OD on Maddow? Or simple ignorance? You put Hannity to shame! MSNBC should give you primetime!

When John F. Kennedy was narrowly elected in 1960, Democrats actually lost 20 House seats about 40 percent of their 1958 gain and another 2 in 1962 midterms.
The Republican Revolution Midterms of President Bill Clinton's first term gave a 54-seat swing from Democrats to Republicans, the Republican Party gained a majority of seats in the United States House of Representatives for the first time since 1952 and a majority of votes for the first time since 1946. It was also the largest seat gain for the Republican Party since 1946, and the largest for either party since 1948. In result The Republicans would go on to remain the majority party of the House for the following 12 years, including 1998 until the 2006 elections.
How did Kennedy get elected in midterms?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26547 on: November 29, 2018, 11:51:23 PM »
You leave w/o saying bye an come back w/o saying hello?

Offline BZ12

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 46
    • View Profile
« Reply #26548 on: November 29, 2018, 11:51:58 PM »

He was elected in 1960 however his party lost 20 seats, a historic figure, and lost another two seats in the following midterms

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #26549 on: November 29, 2018, 11:55:17 PM »
What a farce!!
You can't dispute any fact I posted so you spew nonsense. Losing 39 seats in a mid-term is a massive defeat. Try and spin it anyway you want and it is still be a massive defeat!!! THOSE ARE THE FACTS!!! Not some Hannity drinking Kool-Aid you keep spewing. According you a massive 39 seat defeat is a win. ROFLMAO!!!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #26550 on: November 29, 2018, 11:56:15 PM »
He was elected in 1960 however his party lost 20 seats, a historic figure, and lost another two seats in the following midterms
It has no bearing on Trumps massive 39 seat lost!!!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #26551 on: November 30, 2018, 12:15:32 AM »
Here is another fact according to Forbes: Since 1946, the average midterm loss for the president's party is 25 seats.
The average loss is 25 and Trump lost a massive 39 seats. That is massive 50+% increase over the average. This while he claims the best economy ever.
Lets see the Hannity Kool-Aid drinkers dispute these MASSIVE facts!!!  :)
@BZ12 & @ilherman

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #26552 on: November 30, 2018, 12:44:35 AM »
There's nothing to dispute. Looking back the last few elections which me and you remember it is actually normal to lose seats. Considering he added seats to the senate and did better than Obama is showing that he obviously is a better president. Still, even good presidents, like Reagan lose seats. Drink your Maddow water. But it won't change facts.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #26553 on: November 30, 2018, 12:49:22 AM »
There's nothing to dispute.
The fact is on average they lose 25 seats. He lost a massive 39 seats. I thought you were disputing that losing 39 seats is not a massive loss. As long you are not disputing the massive loss we are all good.

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #26554 on: November 30, 2018, 07:53:01 AM »
CNN and Fox (guess which is which).

I agree with Fox on this one. Even the CNN article admits close to the end that there's no evidence of collusion.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #26555 on: November 30, 2018, 08:09:20 AM »
CNN and Fox (guess which is which).

I agree with Fox on this one. Even the CNN article admits close to the end that there's no evidence of collusion.
Top one is Fox and bottom is CNN. Did I win?
Where in Mueller's mandate does it mention collision?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #26556 on: November 30, 2018, 09:19:52 AM »
Top one is Fox and bottom is CNN. Did I win?
Where in Mueller's mandate does it mention collision?
Please explain the difference between collusion and coordination.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #26557 on: November 30, 2018, 09:22:34 AM »
Please explain the difference between collusion and coordination.
Sure, right after you answer my question where in the mandate it says collusion?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #26558 on: November 30, 2018, 09:52:36 AM »
Sure, right after you answer my question where in the mandate it says collusion?
As far as I know it does not.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #26559 on: November 30, 2018, 10:05:30 AM »
As far as I know it does not.
So it has nothing to do with the Mueller investigation.

Collusion - secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy
Coordination - the organization of the different elements of a complex body or activity so as to enable them to work together effectively