Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3832338 times)

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump for president what do u think?
« Reply #280 on: July 19, 2015, 07:42:18 PM »
Actually you danced around my question. You claim he makes good points so I will ask you again. Did he make a good point by saying McCain is not a war hero and then saying he is a war hero only because he was captured.

I just watched the interview again and I am not sure which part of your question I did not answer.

As for his saying that "I like people that weren't captured", he explained that he also likes people that weren't captured.

As for his saying that "he is not a war hero", he right away said "maybe he is a war hero, but only because he was captured". His first statement was clarified by the second statement, and the second statement was clarified in a later interview by the above-mentioned clarification of also...

I also clearly stated that I believe he made a poor choice of words. He wanted to take a shot at McCain and chose the wrong words. I believe him when he explained what he meant, because Trump is not Michael Moore who hates soldiers and veterans.

Offline itsyehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 19, 2015, 07:42:50 PM »

On Sunday, Florida Senator Marco Rubio said on CNN's State of the Union that he agrees with fellow Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry, an Air Force veteran who said Saturday that Trump's comments make him unfit to serve as commander-in- chief.

"This is not just an insult to John McCain, who clearly is a war hero and a great man, but it's an insult to all POWs, to all men and women who have served us in uniform, who have been captured in battle," Rubio said. "And this somehow makes the assumption that somehow, if you are captured in battle you're less worthy of honors than someone who isn't. It's not just absurd. It's offensive. It's ridiculous, and I do think it is a disqualifier as commander-in-chief."

This dropped Rubio by about six spots in my rankings.

I remember when a coke was a nickel, and you could buy VRs in OD.

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #282 on: July 19, 2015, 07:44:53 PM »
::)

The lengths that some people will go to rationalize the fact that they're rallying behind a clown...

Offline Matovu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond,
« Reply #283 on: July 19, 2015, 07:45:21 PM »
Oh please let him be the republican nominee.
Let's watch this clown be the king of the clown party.
Please

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 19, 2015, 07:45:45 PM »
I also clearly stated that I believe he made a poor choice of words. He wanted to take a shot at McCain and chose the wrong words. I believe him when he explained what he meant, because Trump is not Michael Moore who hates soldiers and veterans.
He hates people that disagree with him and is a bully that likes to get his way.

I posted the interview so everyone can watch it and draw their own conclusions instead of me paraphrasing what I think he said.  ;)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline itsyehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 19, 2015, 07:48:13 PM »

That was a very long way to answer no...

Hah. I'm not bothered by the bombast and theatricality though.

I'm waiting to see how he performs on key conservative issues.
I remember when a coke was a nickel, and you could buy VRs in OD.

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 19, 2015, 07:50:53 PM »
Hello?? What don't you guys get? The reason McCain didn't apologize for calling supporters of the Donald carzies is because he (together with the majority of Americans and even the majority of Republicans) stand behind that statement. Is Trump the only one who is allowed to "speak his mind"?

McCain, a politician who was voted in by the people and for the people, may take a shot at Trump, but he may not take a shot at the thousands of people who support him. Only a fascist does that. It is absolutely disgusting for a politician to call a civilian "crazy" because they support a particular candidate.

Come to think of it, I can't think of a single elected official who spoke negatively about voter's personal choices, despite the smut that was flying both ways during the last two elections.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #287 on: July 19, 2015, 07:51:15 PM »
Oh please let him be the republican nominee.
Let's watch this clown be the king of the clown party.
Please
That's all fine and well, as long as you don't want to see a Republican in the white house...

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #288 on: July 19, 2015, 07:55:37 PM »
McCain, a politician who was voted in by the people and for the people, may take a shot at Trump, but he may not take a shot at the thousands of people who support him. Only a fascist does that. It is absolutely disgusting for a politician to call a civilian "crazy" because they support a particular candidate.

Come to think of it, I can't think of a single elected official who spoke negatively about voter's personal choices, despite the smut that was flying both ways during the last two elections.
So the only reason it was OK for Trump to call millions of civilians murderers and rapists is because they don't vote? Crazies is way milder IMHO...

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 19, 2015, 07:59:22 PM »
Do Trump's daughter converted to Judaism? I know she isn't ultra orthodox or even modox. So what is she?  :)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #290 on: July 19, 2015, 08:02:58 PM »
Do Trump's daughter converted to Judaism? I know she isn't ultra orthodox or even modox. So what is she?  :)
You really want this thread to pop don't you :P

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 19, 2015, 08:04:36 PM »
Modern yeshivish? Modox lakewood style?
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 19, 2015, 08:09:12 PM »
So the only reason it was OK for Trump to call millions of civilians murderers and rapists is because they don't vote? Crazies is way milder IMHO...

You do understand that many of the people at the Phoenix rally likely voted McCain for senate. Do you have any idea what it means to call the people who voted for you "crazies"?

Even in the very remote chance that not a single person at the rally voted for him, he is, after all the senator of Arizona. He is the representative of ALL the people of Arizona.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #293 on: July 19, 2015, 08:12:22 PM »
You do understand that many of the people at the Phoenix rally likely voted McCain for senate. Do you have any idea what it means to call the people who voted for you "crazies"?

Even in the very remote chance that not a single person at the rally voted for him, he is, after all the senator of Arizona. He is the representative of ALL the people of Arizona.

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 19, 2015, 08:15:46 PM »
::)

The lengths that some people will go to rationalize the fact that they're rallying behind a clown...

I have stated upthread that I believe him to be a satirical candidate. He is, however, bringing issues out in the open that the media have (most likely intentionally) ignored. Everyone is suddenly thinking about the impact of illegal immigration and how our borders are unsecured. There is suddenly an open conversation about American trade policies which most people had no clue about. I hope he brings many more issues out in the open before is inevitable leave.

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #295 on: July 19, 2015, 08:17:57 PM »
Here we go again with all this other stuff to confuse the issue. This isn't about McCain. My comment was directed at a member who feels Trump makes good points. All I asked was a simple question if saying McCain is not a war hero was making a good point.
Definitely. McCain is not a war hero. I'm happy he served our country but a hero more than other soldiers, he's not.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #296 on: July 19, 2015, 08:22:36 PM »
He hates people that disagree with him and is a bully that likes to get his way.

I posted the interview so everyone can watch it and draw their own conclusions instead of me paraphrasing what I think he said.  ;)
It's unfortunate that in today's society someone who sticks to his guns (regardless of his position) is called a "bully". In this case it's simply a way of discrediting the man while ignoring the message.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #297 on: July 19, 2015, 08:28:11 PM »
It's unfortunate that in today's society someone who sticks to his guns (regardless of his position) is called a "bully". In this case it's simply a way of discrediting the man while ignoring the message.
Have you even seen Trump's twitter feed?

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #298 on: July 19, 2015, 08:29:08 PM »
Why do you even care so much about what he called Mexican illegals (no doubt you learned this righteous indignation from the media)? These aren't American citizens and you have no impetus to defend them. Shouldn't we focus on what's important to us as Americans-the border problems, the debt, the economy (which trump was talking about)? What he said about Mexicans or Thais or aboriginal Australians doesn't really make very much difference. So why focus on all the distractive chatter instead of the problem and danger to us Americabs that he is courageously heralding?

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #299 on: July 19, 2015, 08:32:51 PM »
Why do you even care so much about what he called Mexican illegals (no doubt you learned this righteous indignation from the media)? These aren't American citizens and you have no impetus to defend them. Shouldn't we focus on what's important to us as Americans-the border problems, the debt, the economy (which trump was talking about)? What he said about Mexicans or Thais or aboriginal Australians doesn't really make very much difference. So why focus on all the distractive chatter instead of the problem and danger to us Americabs that he is courageously heralding?
I give up...