Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3747608 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump for president what do u think?
« Reply #30340 on: October 23, 2020, 02:20:54 AM »
Also, being correct in your 2016 prediction in no way guarantees you're correct this time around. May I suggest taking the over-confidence down a notch.
I didn’t mean to suggest calling the 2016 results proves I know the 2020 results. My point was my perception isn’t biased by being anti Trump.

״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline SwellCindy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30341 on: October 23, 2020, 02:23:15 AM »
I didn’t mean to suggest calling the 2016 results proves I know the 2020 results. My point was my perception isn’t biased by being anti Trump.

In that case I apologize.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #30342 on: October 23, 2020, 09:38:50 AM »
As somebody who thought Trump would beat Clinton, I think anybody who thinks Trump is winning 2020 is delusional

Says the guy who wrote this

Lol. Biden is going to get 400 electoral votes.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #30343 on: October 23, 2020, 10:45:22 AM »

Lol. Biden is going to get 400 electoral votes.
TDS is a degenerative disease.

Offline BP16

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30344 on: October 23, 2020, 11:17:59 AM »
Republican registrations are higher than D this year, bc D’s has been registering since 2016 & R only before these elections.

Ultimately Trump won bc Democrats thought Clinton would win anyways and she was disliked (particularly by women). Biden has record turnout and his favorability polls are 20-30% higher than Trump. It also doesn’t hurt that Trump’s Covid management was a colossal failure and people have more time on their hands to vote.

Finally, I’m not making up my mind based on my own feelings but on cold hard data. It is far, far more definitive than 2016.
I thought Trump won because of Russia? I guess I was wrong. O yes the polls again saying that his favorability is 20-30% higher.
Trumps Covid management? Have you checked how the EU is doing? France, Spain, UK, Italy, Germany, Belgium,  Their population combined is about the amount of the US and they had over 150k new confirmed cases in the last 24hrs! So stop this Covid is Trumps fault when its all over the world and the US economy is doing much better then all of them.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #30345 on: October 23, 2020, 11:29:21 AM »
I thought Trump won because of Russia? I guess I was wrong. O yes the polls again saying that his favorability is 20-30% higher.
Trumps Covid management? Have you checked how the EU is doing? France, Spain, UK, Italy, Germany, Belgium,  Their population combined is about the amount of the US and they had over 150k new confirmed cases in the last 24hrs! So stop this Covid is Trumps fault when its all over the world and the US economy is doing much better then all of them.

They also got hit a month before we did in wave one. We'll be seeing the same thing here in the next 3-6 weeks.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30346 on: October 23, 2020, 11:36:49 AM »
They also got hit a month before we did in wave one. We'll be seeing the same thing here in the next 3-6 weeks.
Forget about in a month or two - you can't pick a spot in the middle of a pandemic and just look at that. On a cumulative basis (ie total since the pandemic began) , there is a huge gap in cumulative deaths and cases per capita. Even when you just look at new cases/deaths, it's only cases that the EU has recently surged past the US, not deaths. And while much of the EU has indeed had a harsher economic downturn than the US, there are many, many countries that outperformed the US both in health outcomes and economics. And the general populace within many of the EU countries with worse downturns is still better off than the general populace in the US due to various social safety nets.

So while Trump/US may not have done the absolute worst job in the world, it has been far, far from the best job. And the best job is exactly what we should expect from the US.

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #30347 on: October 23, 2020, 12:06:04 PM »
Republican registrations are higher than D this year, bc D’s has been registering since 2016 & R only before these elections.

Ultimately Trump won bc Democrats thought Clinton would win anyways and she was disliked (particularly by women). Biden has record turnout and his favorability polls are 20-30% higher than Trump. It also doesn’t hurt that Trump’s Covid management was a colossal failure and people have more time on their hands to vote.

Finally, I’m not making up my mind based on my own feelings but on cold hard data. It is far, far more definitive than 2016.

https://twitter.com/KolHaolam/status/1319661236242534400
["-"]

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #30348 on: October 23, 2020, 12:16:57 PM »
Says the guy who wrote this
Its amazing that you would mock someone based on your confidence Trump will outdo the polls. You should at least treat the polls as a reasonable outcome, if not a baseline assumption. There are plenty of state level polls that give Biden OH IA FL PA WI MI AZ NC GA TX, and 400 electoral votes. Most of those states have zero polls that show Trump winning. Very different than 2016.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #30349 on: October 23, 2020, 12:33:33 PM »
Its amazing that you would mock someone based on your confidence Trump will outdo the polls. You should at least treat the polls as a reasonable outcome, if not a baseline assumption. There are plenty of state level polls that give Biden OH IA FL PA WI MI AZ NC GA TX, and 400 electoral votes. Most of those states have zero polls that show Trump winning. Very different than 2016.

Where did I ever write that Trump will outdo the polls? I mocked you based solely on your OWN writings.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #30350 on: October 23, 2020, 12:40:11 PM »
Why did we resurrect the 2016 thread? We didn't have enough going on?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #30351 on: October 23, 2020, 12:42:34 PM »
Why did we resurrect the 2016 thread? We didn't have enough going on?
Because there are some with nostalgia for that election.

Offline ~King Lake~

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30352 on: October 24, 2020, 09:43:26 PM »
Could the Mods reset the poll so we could have a new one for this year's election?
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #30353 on: October 24, 2020, 09:44:50 PM »
Could the Mods reset the poll so we could have a new one for this year's election?

Why don't you just go to the actual 2020 thread?

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #30354 on: February 03, 2021, 08:43:31 PM »
@JTZ - I apologize for the wall of text, but I feel this is important context to provide for the discussion.

Most of us on this forum are visibly Jewish. If we don't have beards and hats, we have kippas and tzitzis, etc. I would be surprised if the number of people here who have had an anti-Semitic experience is less than 100%. The stats show that Jews are on the receiving end of more hate crimes than any other group.

I've gotten middle fingers in Johannesburg, been spat on in Durban, and often walk over a swastika etched into the sidewalk near my in law's home in one of the Mid-Western United States. When I was in Yeshiva in Paris for a year, friends of mine where beaten up (This was almost 15 years ago - now it is MUCH worse).

I was spat on in an airport when I was 13. At least a dozen people saw it. The spitter was more than double my age. No one did or said a thing.
Those fist fights in Paris? Some were on full trains. Again, no one did or said a thing.

I have never reported a hate crime. No one I know ever has - and I know people who have experienced far more violent things then I have.

I live in Brooklyn, a truly liberal and hip city (Hilary Clinton's headquarters). Swastikas and anti-Semitic graffiti are common occurrences - in alley ways, on subway platforms, and more.  When a group of thugs threw rocks at a school bus filled with little Jewish kids it didn't even make local news. A Chassidic guy was left unconscious under a car one night after a spate of anti-Semitic events - it only made the news when a few hundred of us marched to the precinct the next day.

You know what made news? When a swastika was painted the day after Trump won.

Weird, huh?

That Muslims and Neo-Nazis beat us is to be expected. But, in a sense, you know what is worse? Leftist, liberal self-righteous hypocrites who find it ok to mock, ridicule and antagonize "Ultra-Orthodox Right Wing Fundamentalist" Jews - while throwing fits of rage at every perceived micro-aggression against any other minority or race.

For example:

Gentrification is a big deal. Neither I nor any of my friends can afford to buy a home in our neighborhood. Renting an apt is nigh impossible. But whenever you read or hear about gentrification in Crown Heights, you will find out about Chassidic Landlords (Slumlords) who are mistreating and pushing out the Black community.  Of course lower and middle class blacks are being pushed out. So are the Jews! But it is ok for the media to paint the Chassidic community with the broad anti-Semitic brush of being hook nosed landlords cheating the poor blacks out of their money and homes. In actuality, it is market forces being driven by young artisanal, hipster farm-to-table vegans which are responsible.

This anti-Semitic attitude directly contributes to the violent antisemitism I sampled above, just as Al Sharpton’s “diamond merchant” rhetoric led to riots and murder.

This is just one tiny example that I deal with in NYC, one of the largest concentrations of visible Jews on the planet, in the shining pride of Western civilization. In other places, it is far, far worse. (Look at Jeremy Corbyn in the UK for a start, and we can go from there.)

So that's why we don't care about hate crime stats. We know firsthand that they don't even begin to tell the story. That's why we are so skeptical of leftists and the media speaking of hate crimes - we have a long history of them not only ignoring hate crimes committed against us, but agitating and prodding those who do us actual harm.
Articulating brilliantly what so many of us have experienced and how that shapes our world view.
Thank you @YitzyS for finding this diamond in the slum.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #30355 on: February 17, 2021, 10:29:03 PM »
When is @PlatinumGuy going to officially take @CountValentine ’s place on this thread (until the good Count returns)?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #30356 on: February 17, 2021, 10:32:02 PM »
When is @PlatinumGuy going to officially take @CountValentine ’s place on this thread (until the good Count returns)?
How's this for a start?

https://twitter.com/aoc/status/1362154790118162436

Cue the ad hominem attacks in 3.2.1...

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #30357 on: February 17, 2021, 10:36:11 PM »
How's this for a start?

https://twitter.com/aoc/status/1362154790118162436

Cue the ad hominem attacks in 3.2.1...
Count Valentine aside...

In my view, the definition of an empty argument is one which would make the same amount of sense if you replace the name with the person on the other side.

"Democrats could trip over their own shoelaces and they'd still find a way to blame me, Conservatives, Rednecks, the Tax Cuts, Trump, anything but accept responsibility for their own actions and dealings.

Ineptitude, bigotry, and corruption. Disasters in their own right."

AOC, give me an argument with some substance.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #30358 on: February 17, 2021, 10:40:37 PM »
In my view, the definition of an empty argument is one which would make the same amount of sense if you replace the name with the person on the other side.

"Democrats could trip over their own shoelaces and they'd still find a way to blame me, Conservatives, Rednecks, the Tax Cuts, Trump, anything but accept responsibility for their own actions and dealings.

Ineptitude, bigotry, and corruption. Disasters in their own right."

True.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile