Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3769461 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #4860 on: November 01, 2016, 08:33:54 AM »
@Dan did you make a final decision who you're voting for?
No.
Crazy thing is that none of my local friends have as well. Never seen so many undecideds.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #4861 on: November 01, 2016, 08:44:14 AM »
This senile crazy talk is beyond ridiculous. Disagree all you want, his vote has been explained ad nauseum rationally and coherently. Which is more than one can say for any of Trump's statements. Ever.
Coherently, yes. Rationally, no way!

A protest can only be rational if there is a target. These "protest votes" are not a protest at all. They are a way for people to feel they are doing something even though they are not. They feel guilty about voting for either one of the candidates since they are both flawed and also about not voting so they vote for Mickey Mouse so they can feel good about themselves.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #4862 on: November 01, 2016, 08:54:49 AM »
No.
Crazy thing is that none of my local friends have as well. Never seen so many undecideds.
Or they are all in denial that they will probably end up voting for Trump.

If he wins this it'll be because all the polls didn't consider the embarrassment of Trump voters.

For example if there was a vote to legalize gay marriage all the polls and Facebook feeds will likely show it to pass a vote, because people are shamed into not expressing their opposition. But in the privacy of a polling booth a huge percentage will likely still vote it down.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: November 01, 2016, 08:56:01 AM »
I love this headline which is a line from the end of the article

Clinton Made Her Secret Email Bed and She Lied in ItPiers Morgan, Daily Mail

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #4864 on: November 01, 2016, 08:57:20 AM »
OMG.
I did not believe this until I actually fact checked it.

Dan, are you at least ashamed? This funky idiot you wanted to have as our POTUS.

What a brainless guy. Now it all makes sense how stupid he was by the debates and so on.
Way too lazy to find all the times Trump said he's not sure he'll endorse the other guys anymore during the Primary. Glad to know you buy into his double standard of politics but you can't stand it when someone else changes their mind.

McCain is a pretty good political move, he's someone that is a hero which Trump disrespected, he's betting hard that trump will either lose the election or fail as a president and when he does he will have built a decent campaign for a 2020 bid.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4865 on: November 01, 2016, 08:57:41 AM »

If he wins this it'll be because all the polls didn't consider the embarrassment of Trump voters.

For example if there was a vote to legalize gay marriage all the polls and Facebook feeds will likely show it to pass a vote, because people are shamed into not expressing their opposition. But in the privacy of a polling booth a huge percentage will likely still vote it down.
It's possible.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: November 01, 2016, 09:03:27 AM »
Trump is now up in the ABC poll. He's made up a 12 point deficit in a week. First time he's up in this poll in over 4 months.

What would you attribute this to?
A. New email investigation
B. Obamacare coverage
C. Media unskewing in the final stretch?

D. None of the above

It is coming from Johnson and undecideds who were never really for Johnson or undecided in the first place. According to the pollsters it is also coming from a shift in who is calling themselves likely voters as opposed to registered voters. This last point should be very scary for the Dems since a big portion of their overall strategy is to get out the vote. If they fail at that then they are at a much greater disadvantage.

I know Trump is up 1 in the ABC poll.
But how many points did she lose since last ABC poll ?

This is an important point which I made yeserday.

Note how the people who were touting IBD and Rasmussen a week ago are no longer mentioning those and are now touting ABC which they wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: November 01, 2016, 09:06:55 AM »
Subject: 
[/t]
DOJ Is Now Officially Engaged in Covering Up Voter Fraud
James O'Keefe (editor@news.mediadc.com)
  To: [/t]
aygart 
  Date: [/t]
Tuesday, November 1, 2016 8:52 AM
[/t][/t][/t][/t][/t][/t]
  Web Version   |  Unsubscribe 
[/t][/t][/t][/t][/t][/t]

Aygart,

Odds are that you have seen reports about our recent videos exposing voter fraud and other electoral misconduct in the news lately. But this isn't going to be enough to stop campaign dirty tricks operatives from committing voter fraud at polling locations all across America.

Despite what they say, voter fraud is very real and to combat it, I really need your help!

A few weeks ago, one of our undercover investigators caught Democratic New York City Alan Schulkin admitting that voter fraud is a real problem. He even said "they put them in a bus and go poll site to poll site."

Fraud 
 Because we were able to catch Schulkin telling the truth about voter fraud, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio wants him fired. He's also being subpoenaed and grilled by state investigators now.
   Unbelievable stuff like this is happening at polling locations all across the country. Over the years, we've shown that dead people can vote in New Hampshire, Vermont and North Carolina. I recently was able to obtain the ballot of the famous rapper Eminem in Michigan.

We have shown how easy it is to obtain the ballots for NFL players Tom Brady and Tim Tebow. One of our investigators even exposed how easy it would be to cast a ballot for then US Attorney General Eric Holder!

ethics
 Because it is well known that we send our undercover journalists out every Election Day to expose additional voter fraud, the United States Justice Department has just issued a memo which is a clear warning shot aimed at Project Veritas, and me.

In an obvious attempt to intimidate state and local law enforcement agencies into arresting us for filming voter fraud on Election Day, the DOJ actually said the following:
<blockquote> ... actions of persons designed to interrupt or intimidate voters at polling places by questioning or challenging them, or by photographing or videotaping them, under the pretext that these are actions to uncover illegal voting may violate federal voting rights law.
 </blockquote> No matter what they say, we are not backing down. In fact, we are doubling down! But to do this will require your support - and it's tax deductible, too.
 In order to place as many of our journalists as possible in polling locations across the country, we need to start purchasing plane tickets, hotel rooms and rental cars today. Additionally, we need to place additional funds into reserve to handle emergency legal expenses.

In short, the more assistance you can provide us, the more polling places we will be able to send undercover journalists. Thanks so much for your support!

In liberty,

James O'Keefe

P.S. In addition to our army of journalists we will be deploying in states around the country, we are also going to keep a handful of our more elite journalists on reserve to drop in at LAST MINUTE election hot spots. These sorts of special operations are very important, but also more costly. The more you can help, the more voter fraud we can expose!

[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: November 01, 2016, 09:11:40 AM »
And I challenge you to drink a cup of milk next Tuesday, after shrugging your shoulders and spinning a dreidel.
Challenge failed.

Instead of:
This senile crazy talk is beyond ridiculous. Disagree all you want, his vote has been explained ad nauseum rationally and coherently. Which is more than one can say for any of Trump's statements. Ever.

How about:
Kasich's vote has been explained rationally and coherently [bonus points for examples]. Trump supporters seem only to find irrationality and incoherence in other candidates.

Let's try to elevate the level of conversation.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: November 01, 2016, 09:20:08 AM »
Kasich is a coward. If republicans follow his lead that guarantees Ohio to HRC. He knows it and is a coward for not saying he prefers HRC over Trump.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: November 01, 2016, 09:21:38 AM »
Kasich is a coward. If republicans follow his lead that guarantees Ohio to HRC. He knows it and is a coward for not saying he prefers HRC over Trump.
Is it Friday already or is that WS nerves?

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: November 01, 2016, 09:27:45 AM »

Note how the people who were touting IBD and Rasmussen a week ago are no longer mentioning those and are now touting ABC which they wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.
True, but the ABC poll is notable, not only  because of the extreme shift, but also because they're still polling 10 percentage points more Democratics than Republicans.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: November 01, 2016, 09:29:06 AM »
Is it Friday already or is that WS nerves?
1 - no
2 - It is only a game

If you forced Kasich to choose Trump or HRC tell me with a straight face he would choose Trump.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: November 01, 2016, 09:30:50 AM »
Trump supporters seem only to find irrationality and incoherence in other candidates.
I have yet to see the argument made that  Hillary (or for that matter in the primaries Cruz/Rubio/Bush/Kasich....) was irrational and incoherent.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: November 01, 2016, 09:31:29 AM »
1 - no
2 - It is only a game

If you forced Kasich to choose Trump or HRC tell me with a straight face he would choose Trump.
Now we're playing the if game?
As di bubbe volt gehat beytsim volt zi gevain mayn zaidah.

Offline elit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4875 on: November 01, 2016, 09:32:34 AM »

I've been wondering about this for a while won't know until election day how much of an impact that has

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: November 01, 2016, 09:34:09 AM »
Now we're playing the if game?
It's called the "yes or no game" not the "maybe game".

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: November 01, 2016, 09:34:41 AM »
I've been wondering about this for a while won't know until election day how much of an impact that has
It may have some impact.
But I remember them saying the same thing in 2008 that there would be a lot of racists who will ultimately pull the lever for McCain just because he wasn't black and that they weren't showing up in polls.
Never materialized.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: November 01, 2016, 09:35:14 AM »
It's called the "yes or no game" not the "maybe game".
If someone forced you to commit suicide or get murdered what would you pick  ::)

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: November 01, 2016, 09:36:59 AM »
If someone forced you to commit suicide or get murdered what would you pick  ::)
Murdered, next question?