Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3850441 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #6881 on: November 09, 2016, 12:42:16 PM »
TBH he might have very well won the popular vote would people in blue states vote for him.  He didn't fight for the popular vote as we all know. BTW what you wrote before about 538 writing that it's coming down to NH was that sarcastic?
Oh please. Plenty of blue voters don't bother there because there's no chance as well.

Not sarcastic:

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: November 09, 2016, 12:43:14 PM »
Oh please. Plenty of blue voters don't bother there because there's no chance as well.

Not sarcastic:

But that's wrong because he won PA, WI and MI.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: November 09, 2016, 12:43:35 PM »
But that's wrong because he won PA, WI and MI.
Duh.
Barring recount changes, NH Senate and Presidency goes to the Ds.
538 said both the Presidency and Senate could well come down to NH :D

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: November 09, 2016, 12:44:00 PM »
Maybe Trump will not be bad at all. My son just received two instant approvals for IP 28.5k and CSR 19k. Does it get any better?  :)
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline shulem92

• View Profile
« Reply #6885 on: November 09, 2016, 12:44:00 PM »
I didn't watch her speech, was this it? Because this is what she just emailed to anyone on her email list

Friend -- 

Thank you.

Last night, I congratulated Donald Trump and offered to work with him on behalf of our country. I hope that he will be a successful president for all Americans.

This is not the outcome we wanted or we worked so hard for, and I’m sorry we did not win this election for the values we share and the vision we hold for our country.

But I feel pride and gratitude for this wonderful campaign that we built together –- this vast, diverse, creative, unruly, energized campaign. You represent the best of America, and being your candidate has been one of the greatest honors of my life.

I know how disappointed you feel, because I feel it too. And so do tens of millions of Americans who invested their hopes and dreams in this effort. This is painful, and it will be for a long time. But I want you to remember this: Our campaign was never about one person or even one election. It was about the country we love -- and about building an America that’s hopeful, inclusive, and big-hearted.

We have seen that our nation is more deeply divided than we thought. But I still believe in America –- and I always will. And if you do, too, then we must accept this result -– and then look to the future. 

Donald Trump is going to be our president. We owe him an open mind and the chance to lead. 

Our constitutional democracy enshrines the peaceful transfer of power, and we don’t just respect that, we cherish it. It also enshrines other things –- the rule of law, the principle that we’re all equal in rights and dignity, and the freedom of worship and expression. We respect and cherish these things too -- and we must defend them.

And let me add: Our constitutional democracy demands our participation, not just every four years, but all the time. So let’s do all we can to keep advancing the causes and values we all hold dear: making our economy work for everyone, not just those at the top; protecting our country and protecting our planet; and breaking down all the barriers that hold anyone back from achieving their dreams. 

We’ve spent a year and a half bringing together millions of people from every corner of our country to say with one voice that we believe that the American Dream is big enough for everyone -- for people of all races and religions, for men and women, for immigrants, for LGBT people, and people with disabilities. 

Our responsibility as citizens is to keep doing our part to build that better, stronger, fairer America we seek. And I know you will. 

I am so grateful to stand with all of you. 

I want to thank Tim Kaine and Anne Holton for being our partners on this journey. It gives me great hope and comfort to know that Tim will remain on the front-lines of our democracy, representing Virginia in the Senate. 

To Barack and Michelle Obama: Our country owes you an enormous debt of gratitude for your graceful, determined leadership, and so do I. 

To Bill, Chelsea, Marc, Charlotte, Aidan, our brothers, and our entire family, my love for you means more than I can ever express. 

You crisscrossed this country on my behalf and lifted me up when I needed it most –- even four-month old Aidan traveling with his mom. 

I will always be grateful to the creative, talented, dedicated men and women at our headquarters in Brooklyn and across our country who poured their hearts into this campaign. For you veterans, this was a campaign after a campaign -- for some of you, this was your first campaign ever. I want each of you to know that you were the best campaign anyone has had.

To all the volunteers, community leaders, activists, and union organizers who knocked on doors, talked to neighbors, posted on Facebook - even in secret or in private: Thank you. 

To everyone who sent in contributions as small as $5 and kept us going, thank you. 

And to all the young people in particular, I want you to hear this. I’ve spent my entire adult life fighting for what I believe in. I’ve had successes and I’ve had setbacks -– sometimes really painful ones. Many of you are at the beginning of your careers. You will have successes and setbacks, too. 

This loss hurts. But please, please never stop believing that fighting for what’s right is worth it. It’s always worth it. And we need you keep up these fights now and for the rest of your lives. 

To all the women, and especially the young women, who put their faith in this campaign and in me, I want you to know that nothing has made me prouder than to be your champion. 

I know that we still have not shattered that highest glass ceiling. But some day someone will -– hopefully sooner than we might think right now.

And to all the little girls watching right now, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world. 

Finally, I am grateful to our country for all it has given me. 

I count my blessings every day that I am an American. And I still believe, as deeply as I ever have, that if we stand together and work together, with respect for our differences, strength in our convictions, and love for this nation -– our best days are still ahead of us. 

You know I believe we are stronger together and will go forward together. And you should never be sorry that you fought for that. 

Scripture tells us: “Let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season, we shall reap, if we do not lose heart.”

My friends, let us have faith in each other. Let us not grow weary. Let us not lose heart. For there are more seasons to come and there is more work to do. 

I am incredibly honored and grateful to have had this chance to represent all of you in this consequential election. May God bless you and god bless the United States of America.

Hillary 

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: November 09, 2016, 12:49:18 PM »

At the end of the day the popular vote means bubkiz in regards to the will of people. Both the campaigns and voters know that the popular vote doesn't matter. If the popular vote mattered we'd see many more states (all?) being on the campaign tour.

Anyone complaining about the outcome is just a sore loser.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: November 09, 2016, 12:49:50 PM »
At the end of the day the popular vote means bubkiz in regards to the will of people. Both the campaigns and voters know that the popular vote doesn't matter. If the popular vote mattered we'd see many more states (all?) being on the campaign tour.

Anyone complaining about the outcome is just a sore loser.
Agreed.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: November 09, 2016, 12:52:12 PM »
Now I just got myself thinking how insanely expensive elections would get if they were decided by a popular vote.
Not that they aren't expensive now, but I can imagine the expenses soaring 300-400%.
Visibly Jewish

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #6891 on: November 09, 2016, 12:53:27 PM »
I didn't watch her speech, was this it? Because this is what she just emailed to anyone on her email list

Not sure if its her speech, but she is dead wrong about the glass ceiling. It is shattered. Everyone knows that the WILL BE a female president and is fine with it except the Hamodia. The reason she lost is because SHE is flawed and because Trump outdid HER.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: November 09, 2016, 12:55:05 PM »
Now I just got myself thinking how insanely expensive elections would get if they were decided by a popular vote.
Not that they aren't expensive now, but I can imagine the expenses soaring 300-400%.
More than that. 1000%+

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: November 09, 2016, 12:55:32 PM »
Not sure if its her speech, but she is dead wrong about the glass ceiling. It is shattered. Everyone knows that the WILL BE a female president and is fine with it except the Hamodia. The reason she lost is because SHE is flawed and because Trump outdid HER.
Do you think Bernie would have won?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: November 09, 2016, 12:56:35 PM »

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: November 09, 2016, 12:58:31 PM »
Ainiklack?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline good sam

• View Profile
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: November 09, 2016, 12:59:42 PM »
Do you think Bernie would have won?
You can't use conventional thinking this time around.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: November 09, 2016, 01:00:14 PM »

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #6899 on: November 09, 2016, 01:02:49 PM »
Your points about Johnson voters are ridiculous.
No 2 candidates ever split 100% of the vote.
There will always be 3rd party taking a few % and she would've lost anyways.
I don't recall making any points about Johnson here. You must be confusing me with someone else (or I am growing senile).

I actually found it interesting that in certain states there were as many as 9 (OH IINM) or 10 (UT IINM) top of the ticket choices!
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan