Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3858200 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #7260 on: November 10, 2016, 04:14:19 PM »
Anybody hear Rush today?
What idiots listen to that drug induced nutcase?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #7261 on: November 10, 2016, 04:14:46 PM »
For all those that are complaining about voter turnout, voter suppression, electoral college vs popular vote etc. It would be very interesting to see how elections would pan out if all states would award Electors similar to ME.

I have a hunch that a lot more people would vote in states like NY, CA and MD, and that some of the Electors would go the other way.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: November 10, 2016, 04:14:53 PM »
The problem that we're facing now is not systematic and widespread racism (though racism remains a problem). The problem we have now is the arrogance and ignorance of the liberal elitist class. The media is just one manifestation of it. Hollywood is another. So is the Washington-type political class, and so are universities.

I experienced it myself. Express a conservative viewpoint in class and everybody, professors and classmates, will look at you like a creature of lower intelligence. They cannot fathom how you can have attended the same university as they, yet not have become enlightened as they.

In a Health Law class, we were shown a documentary on the morality of euthanasia. I was beside myself at how my fellow orthodox classmates then publicly announced how the film had changed their viewpoint on the matter. I don't know whether they were being honest, but none would dare express an opposing viewpoint.

In a Not-For-Profit class, a professor illustrated how broad the not-for-profit laws are by giving extreme examples, which were met by resounding laughter, that the laws may even apply to organizations dedicated to the study of Creationism or the non-existence of global warming.

You were scoffed at if you refused to sign whatever petition students were peddling for LGBT rights. You were mocked if you disagreed with the student groups raising awareness for the victims of Israeli aggression. You were scorned if you had negative opinions on the Occupy Wall Street protesters.

What Will Rahn expressed with respect to the media exists in the entire elitist class. That's why young people in liberal cities across the country are protesting. They thought that they could handle defeat theoretically, before it became a reality. But as it turned out, they cannot. The outcome was wrong, they say, even if it may have been the will of the majority (this would not be any different if Trump had won the popular vote). They know better because they're enlightened. The poorly educated of middle America should not get a say, because they don't know what's best even for themselves.

Social and legal policy differences are healthy for a nation. But they become divisive when the rhetoric on one side becomes that "there is no place in this country" for the opinions of the other (I put that in quotes because we've heard the Democratic candidate repeat that many times). Really? There's no place for pro-life advocates? For sanctity of marriage advocates? For gun rights advocates? For strong border advocates? For strong national security advocates? You may disagree, but their positions are entirely valid and reasonable.

That's why I supported Trump from the beginning. The protests prove me right.

The sooner they realize that they're part of the problem, the sooner the nation can begin to come together.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #7263 on: November 10, 2016, 04:16:17 PM »
Was having a thought this morning: Who would Saban have at his forum next year, now that Peres is gone, and Obama and the Clintons are out of power.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #7264 on: November 10, 2016, 04:17:11 PM »
Michelle 2024?

I'll put money on Michelle and Booker within next 2 cycles

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: November 10, 2016, 04:20:14 PM »
I'll put money on Michelle and Booker within next 2 cycles
Michelle has my vote unless Ivanka runs.  :)
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: November 10, 2016, 04:26:42 PM »
There's some speculation that Jared might be appointed chief of staff.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #7267 on: November 10, 2016, 04:27:50 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/10/the-13-most-amazing-things-in-the-2016-exit-poll/

13. People didn't think Trump lost the debates as badly as I did

I named Clinton the winner in each of three presidential debates — and I didn't think any of the three were particularly close. Lots of people who voted Tuesday did not agree with me. Among the 64 percent who said the debates were an “important” part of their vote for president, Clinton won by a narrow 50 percent to 47 percent margin over Trump. Of the 82 percent of people who said the debates were a “factor” in their decision for president, Trump took 50 percent to 47 percent for Clinton.

More exit poll data:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/exit-polls/
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: November 10, 2016, 04:28:25 PM »
There's some speculation that Jared might be appointed chief of staff.
Isn't he in prison?

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #7269 on: November 10, 2016, 04:29:12 PM »
The problem that we're facing now is not systematic and widespread racism (though racism remains a problem). The problem we have now is the arrogance and ignorance of the liberal elitist class. The media is just one manifestation of it. Hollywood is another. So is the Washington-type political class, and so are universities.

I experienced it myself. Express a conservative viewpoint in class and everybody, professors and classmates, will look at you like a creature of lower intelligence. They cannot fathom how you can have attended the same university as they, yet not have become enlightened as they.

In a Health Law class, we were shown a documentary on the morality of euthanasia. I was beside myself at how my fellow orthodox classmates then publicly announced how the film had changed their viewpoint on the matter. I don't know whether they were being honest, but none would dare express an opposing viewpoint.

In a Not-For-Profit class, a professor illustrated how broad the not-for-profit laws are by giving extreme examples, which were met by resounding laughter, that the laws may even apply to organizations dedicated to the study of Creationism or the non-existence of global warming.

You were scoffed at if you refused to sign whatever petition students were peddling for LGBT rights. You were mocked if you disagreed with the student groups raising awareness for the victims of Israeli aggression. You were scorned if you had negative opinions on the Occupy Wall Street protesters.

What Will Rahn expressed with respect to the media exists in the entire elitist class. That's why young people in liberal cities across the country are protesting. They thought that they could handle defeat theoretically, before it became a reality. But as it turned out, they cannot. The outcome was wrong, they say, even if it may have been the will of the majority (this would not be any different if Trump had won the popular vote). They know better because they're enlightened. The poorly educated of middle America should not get a say, because they don't know what's best even for themselves.

Social and legal policy differences are healthy for a nation. But they become divisive when the rhetoric on one side becomes that "there is no place in this country" for the opinions of the other (I put that in quotes because we've heard the Democratic candidate repeat that many times). Really? There's no place for pro-life advocates? For sanctity of marriage advocates? For gun rights advocates? For strong border advocates? For strong national security advocates? You may disagree, but their positions are entirely valid and reasonable.

That's why I supported Trump from the beginning. The protests prove me right.

The sooner they realize that they're part of the problem, the sooner the nation can begin to come together.
well said! also look at all ill-informed celebrities sticking their nose into this. and they all complain that their parents voted for trump but they want hillary.
#TYH

Online Boruch999

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: November 10, 2016, 04:30:22 PM »
I find making memes out of the Rebbe to be inappropriate.

Dan, I believe you should incorporate this into your policy.

+1

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: November 10, 2016, 04:30:53 PM »
and they all complain that their parents voted for trump but they want hillary.
Once you figure this one out then you will have a better understanding.

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #7272 on: November 10, 2016, 04:32:41 PM »
Once you figure this one out then you will have a better understanding.
huh? values?
#TYH

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: November 10, 2016, 04:33:18 PM »

How do you expect them to realize this?

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: November 10, 2016, 04:33:46 PM »

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #7275 on: November 10, 2016, 04:36:29 PM »
How do you expect them to realize this?
If Hillary had been elected, never. But with Trump, there's the possibility that they come to the realization that he's not so bad after all. That might begin to alter their mindset.

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: November 10, 2016, 04:37:58 PM »
Kellyanne Conway confirms that she's been offered a position. Wonder which.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: November 10, 2016, 04:38:07 PM »
But with Trump, there's the possibility that they come to the realization that he's not so bad after all. That might begin to alter their mindset.
Like Obama's election did for the R's?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: November 10, 2016, 04:39:06 PM »
Kellyanne Conway confirms that she's been offered a position. Wonder which.
I am not going to answer that one.

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: November 10, 2016, 04:39:46 PM »
If Hillary had been elected, never. But with Trump, there's the possibility that they come to the realization that he's not so bad after all. That might begin to alter their mindset.

The mindset of the narcissistic liberal elite are set by the media. They don't have individual thought process.