Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3828216 times)

Offline yoohoo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump for president what do u think?
« Reply #760 on: July 18, 2016, 10:49:15 AM »
Don't blame him,  and would do the same.  But it comes off as opportunistic, especially the week of the convention
my guess is someone from the democrat side convinced him to speak...

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #761 on: July 18, 2016, 10:50:23 AM »
Don't blame him,  and would do the same.  But it comes off as opportunistic, especially the week of the convention
Of course it is oppotunistic. That is everything this guy has done. If he felt so guilty about writing for Trump he would not have used it all these years.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #762 on: July 18, 2016, 10:55:23 AM »
It is and I don't love the timing. But it all feels true.

Of course it is oppotunistic. That is everything this guy has done. If he felt so guilty about writing for Trump he would not have used it all these years.
Meh. He made millions without guilt and crossing Donald as 99% of people would have in that situation. The guilt comes now that this man is running for the top office in the world.
I just don't like it coming now rather than 4 months ago.

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 18, 2016, 11:29:14 AM »
It is and I don't love the timing. But it all feels true.
Meh. He made millions without guilt and crossing Donald as 99% of people would have in that situation. The guilt comes now that this man is running for the top office in the world.
I just don't like it coming now rather than 4 months ago.
The guy's main beef with Trump is because he is a liberal. He says so right at the beginning.

Schwartz thought it over for several weeks. He knew that he would be making a Faustian bargain. A lifelong liberal, he was hardly an admirer of Trump’s ruthless and single-minded pursuit of profit. “It was one of a number of times in my life when I was divided between the Devil and the higher side,” he told me. He had grown up in a bourgeois, intellectual family in Manhattan, and had attended élite private schools, but he was not as wealthy as some of his classmates—and, unlike many of them, he had no trust fund. “I grew up privileged,” he said. “But my parents made it clear: ‘You’re on your own.’ ” Around the time Trump made his offer, Schwartz’s wife, Deborah Pines, became pregnant with their second daughter, and he worried that the family wouldn’t fit into their Manhattan apartment, whose mortgage was already too high. “I was overly worried about money,” Schwartz said. “I thought money would keep me safe and secure—or that was my rationalization.” At the same time, he knew that if he took Trump’s money and adopted Trump’s voice his journalism career would be badly damaged. His heroes were such literary nonfiction writers as Tom Wolfe, John McPhee, and David Halberstam. Being a ghostwriter was hackwork. In the end, though, Schwartz had his price. He told Trump that if he would give him half the advance and half the book’s royalties he’d take the job.
Such terms are unusually generous for a ghostwriter. Trump, despite having a reputation as a tough negotiator, agreed on the spot. “It was a huge windfall,” Schwartz recalls. “But I knew I was selling out. Literally, the term was invented to describe what I did.” Soon Spy was calling him “former journalist Tony Schwartz.”

He claims to have felt alienated etc from the offset.

Not long after the discussion of the party bills, Trump approached Schwartz about writing a sequel, for which Trump had been offered a seven-figure advance. This time, however, he offered Schwartz only a third of the profits. He pointed out that, because the advance was much bigger, the payout would be, too. But Schwartz said no. Feeling deeply alienated, he instead wrote a book called “What Really Matters,” about the search for meaning in life. After working with Trump, Schwartz writes, he felt a “gnawing emptiness” and became a “seeker,” longing to “be connected to something timeless and essential, more real.”
Don't go profiting off it and only now suddenly speak up. I have no issue with him using his affiliation with Trump for profit but to keep at it for all the years and then suddenly because he may become president decide that you really couldn't ever stand him is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:42:03 AM by aygart »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #764 on: July 18, 2016, 11:41:56 AM »
The guy's main beef with Trump is because he is a liberal. He says so right at the beginning.

editing in process.
Doesn't change what he says about the guys character that falls in line and confirms a lot of what we suspect.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #765 on: July 18, 2016, 11:44:35 AM »
Doesn't change what he says about the guys character that falls in line and confirms a lot of what we suspect.
but tells us nothing new.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 18, 2016, 12:06:10 PM »
but tells us nothing new.
Just another confirmation that he's not worthy of the office. Not that Hillary is either. Pick your poison.

Don't go profiting off it and only now suddenly speak up. I have no issue with him using his affiliation with Trump for profit but to keep at it for all the years and then suddenly because he may become president decide that you really couldn't ever stand him is ridiculous.
As if you would play it much differently in his shoes.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 18, 2016, 12:13:45 PM »
Just another confirmation that he's not worthy of the office. Not that Hillary is either. Pick your poison.
I fully agree that he is not worthy of the office and have said similar things many times. He was by no mean my choice for the R nomination. The fact is that he IS the nominee and I cannot see any way in which he is not infinitely better than Hillary. What are you afraid of-That he will control the US nukes? With Hillary Iran will control nukes. Go through item by item and there is nothing on which Hillary wins.

As if you would play it much differently in his shoes.
If I really abhorred him all the years I can't imagine myself  making myself look like buddies with him. If I did not really abhor him so much I cannot see myself coming out like this. My guess is that he does not thinkl as poorly of Trump as he makes it sound and is blinded by his liberalism

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 18, 2016, 12:25:27 PM »
Gimme a break. Many gvir situations end up with people taking from someone they abhor and yet say nothing for years.

Offline elit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 18, 2016, 01:00:29 PM »
Gimme a break. Many gvir situations end up with people taking from someone they abhor and yet say nothing for years.
Problem is the whole tone of the article is how much he detested him and it went against everything he believes but he kept his mouth shut and took week the money until the new yorker Gave him more money .... although prob most of the article is true he ends up sounding like a nasuating self-righteous liberal with an agenda

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 18, 2016, 01:16:43 PM »
Problem is the whole tone of the article is how much he detested him and it went against everything he believes but he kept his mouth shut and took week the money until the new yorker Gave him more money .... although prob most of the article is true he ends up sounding like a nasuating self-righteous liberal with an agenda
+1

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 18, 2016, 01:26:52 PM »
Noch a mohl.
If someone you detested gave you $$$$$$ every year, would you turn it down because you abhor him?
Or would you take the money and then let the world know the truth when you feel that the world needs to know for its own good?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 18, 2016, 01:32:59 PM »
Noch a mohl.
If someone you detested gave you $$$$$$ every year, would you turn it down because you abhor him?
Or would you take the money and then let the world know the truth when you feel that the world needs to know for its own good?
The difference is that he actively presented himself as a Trump guy.

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 18, 2016, 09:22:09 PM »
Noch a mohl.
He just doesn't sound genuine. not saying I would have done differently

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 18, 2016, 09:33:44 PM »
The timing is disingenuous, but most of the content rings true IMHO.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 18, 2016, 09:34:06 PM »
The timing is disingenuous, but most of the content rings true IMHO.
Confirmation bias

Offline yoruel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 18, 2016, 11:06:10 PM »
His suits dont fit properly.

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #777 on: July 19, 2016, 12:33:01 AM »

Offline thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 19, 2016, 03:28:21 AM »
And Melania plagiarizes Michelle,  just when you thought we've seen the worst

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 19, 2016, 07:33:47 AM »
And Melania plagiarizes Michelle,  just when you thought we've seen the worst
Link?
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD