Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3770717 times)

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #7860 on: November 14, 2016, 09:23:27 AM »
Trying to find one he likes?  :)
Gotta give him credit for trying :)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7861 on: November 14, 2016, 09:27:03 AM »
Gotta give him credit for trying :)
I have a feeling we will be hearing that a lot in the future. Shall we make a list? I will start.
1 - Wall
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: November 14, 2016, 09:51:44 AM »
Shall we make a list?
Don't even bother

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: November 14, 2016, 09:57:30 AM »
Don't even bother
It will be fun.
2 - Deportation
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #7864 on: November 14, 2016, 09:57:35 AM »
I'm not a party to this discussion, so I haven't done anything. But I have observed your standards of 'evidence', as well as the fact that you require incontrovertible evidence for some things, but are okay with far less for others.

And before you ask, no I'm not going to go back and collect quotes for you. This is what it looks like to me from the sidelines.
I am not claiming one way or the other since I have not seen any evidence either way at all. There is the ex's accusation which means something but needs to be taken with a pile of salt. All else is innuendo based on that he has something to do with a point of view that some who share it seem to be anti-semites (I am sure you can find some who are). If we use that standard then JTZ is a rabid anti-semite since some catholics probably are. Some Jews are self hating so now everyone here is an anti semite.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: November 14, 2016, 09:58:41 AM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #7866 on: November 14, 2016, 10:05:19 AM »

Why is 2008 your baseline? 2008 was an explosive D year.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: November 14, 2016, 10:06:34 AM »
Why is 2008 your baseline? 2008 was an explosive D year.
Because that is the graphic I saw. I did not make it.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #7868 on: November 14, 2016, 10:08:03 AM »
Because that is the graphic I saw. I did not make it.
It's like taking an abnormally cold winter and trying to make a point about how warm subsequent winters are. Meaningless.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: November 14, 2016, 10:08:24 AM »
I have a feeling we will be hearing that a lot in the future. Shall we make a list? I will start.
1 - Wall
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/09/26/scott_adams_nails_it_on_trump_s_pacing_and_leading
But this guy says, "Trump always takes the extreme position on matters of safety and security for the country, even if those positions are unconstitutional, impractical, evil, or something that the military would refuse to do." Trump still stakes out extreme positions -- at the beginning. "Normal people see this as a dangerous situation. Trained persuaders like me see this as something called pacing and leading. Trump 'paces' the public -- meaning he matches them in their emotional state, and then some." So he accomplishes relating to them.
Such as, take whatever he said about defeating ISIS, refugees, vetting Muslims, the wall, what have you. He is matching what he knows his supporters' positions to be in their emotional state.  Remember, Trump knows it's not what he says that people will remember; it's how he makes them feel.  So he establishes that he relates to 'em by staking out an extreme position.  And after he's got them, after he has paced the public and gotten them to listen, then he leads, meaning he matches them in their emotional state.
"He does that with his extreme responses on immigration, fighting ISIS, stop-and-frisk, etc." Here's the key: "Once Trump has established himself as the biggest bad-ass on the topic, he is free to 'lead,' which we see him do by softening his deportation stand, limiting his stop-and-frisk comment to Chicago, reversing his first answer on penalties for abortion, and so on. If you are not trained in persuasion, Trump look scary.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/150919416661/why-i-switched-my-endorsement-from-clinton-to

I don't think most of his supporters had illusions about many of these things. See the articles above from September.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: November 14, 2016, 10:09:11 AM »
It's like taking an abnormally cold winter and trying to make a point about how warm subsequent winters are. Meaningless.
It still shows how much they have fallen since then in a way that many did not understand.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: November 14, 2016, 10:12:49 AM »
It still shows how much they have fallen since then in a way that many did not understand.
Nobody expected them to keep the post-Bush/great recession gains.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: November 14, 2016, 10:29:51 AM »
Not if the point of the chart is that it is Obamas fault.  ;)

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: November 14, 2016, 10:33:53 AM »
Not if the point of the chart is that it is Obamas fault.  ;)
Oh of course it is Obama's fault. Now that we got that out the way, what is it that is his fault?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: November 14, 2016, 11:08:37 AM »
http://www.timesofisrael.com/gingrich-says-possible-top-trump-aide-worked-in-finance-not-anti-semitic/

Isn't Gingrich himself an anti-Semite? He's using anti-Semitic stereotypes (Wall Street and Hollywood) in his defense of Trump. At least we can say it takes one to know one, so if Newt says Trump ain't an anti-Semite, he must know what he's talking about.

I also heard a lot of his 60 minutes interview he is so.much more measured and balanced now. I realized part of why ppl underestimate bc he sounds very unsophisticated when he talks (which also helps him connect with his  blue collar demographic)

I noticed that as well, and I'm wondering why people are so focused on the commentary and demonstrators and not on what Trump/Hillary/Obama have said since it was called.

But I'm wondering:
1. Did Trump change his tone to sound more presidential, or is he the same outspoken maniac (for lack of a better word) being subdued by his advisers?
2. Was the vitriolic campaign rhetoric just a ploy to appeal to the uneducated white working-class demographic he was targeting?

Time will tell, but if it was all an act and the Trump in his acceptance speech and 60 Minutes interview is the real Donald Trump (pun intended), then he's a master actor who conned his way into the White House.

It's like taking an abnormally warm winter and trying to make a point about global warming. Meaningless.

FTFY :D

100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline elit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7875 on: November 14, 2016, 11:13:31 AM »

I noticed that as well, and I'm wondering why people are so focused on the commentary and demonstrators and not on what Trump/Hillary/Obama have said since it was called.

But I'm wondering:
1. Did Trump change his tone to sound more presidential, or is he the same outspoken maniac (for lack of a better word) being subdued by his advisers?
2. Was the vitriolic campaign rhetoric just a ploy to appeal to the uneducated white working-class demographic he was targeting?

Time will tell, but if it was all an act and the Trump in his acceptance speech and 60 Minutes interview is the real Donald Trump (pun intended), then he's a master actor who conned his way into the White House.

FTFY :D

1. sounds like he himself has become more subdude from the gravity of the responsibility. They were saying how everyone was celebrating the night of and he got really quiet.
2. Don't see it as any worse the any other politician who says many things on campaign trail and then moderates or becomes more realistic

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: November 14, 2016, 11:13:59 AM »
Oh of course it is Obama's fault. Now that we got that out the way, what is it that is his fault?
The gains the R's have accomplished.

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: November 14, 2016, 11:16:11 AM »

Not just a master actor... a master poker player.

Playing a roll is one thing. Knowing how to USE playing a roll in a way that defies logic and the odds...? Well, that's another skill entirely.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #7878 on: November 14, 2016, 11:18:34 AM »
Sorry you will need to do better than just Oh please.

I posted a few incidents above. Here's *one* Twitter thread counting incidents - many of those have pictures and video. (Note, the fake hijab incident, and the fake blackface incident are not included - the ones mentioned are in different states.)

Here's a ADL report just counting Aug 2015 to July 2016, ask the journos on the top of that list - it's gotten worse.

Here's one small time personality who herself face *thousands* of hateful incidents.

Here's a list that includes violence against Trump supporters.

The thing is, I didn't even do any research for this - this is all of the top of my head from stuff I have seen over the past few months. If I spent any significant amount of time, I could dig up articles from every major news outlet with dozens of incidents in the past couple of days, confirmed by police forces and with videos and pictures.

You dismissed one link because it was from Mother Jones - I only brought that link for the quote from Bannon himself. Breitbart is an alt right platform, as per Bannon. Alt Right is (barely) re-branded white nationalism. This story is a great (long) read in its own right, but almost as an aside you can see how the likes of the KKK envisioned a diluted version of their ideology to become mainstreamed, and how they are exulting in its success in Donald Trump.

Of course there is antisemitism on the left. Of course the progressives can be just as bad, or worse, than the right wing nut jobs. But one candidate ran with a campaign manager who is a self described member of the alt right, which is so riddled with white nationalists, it's impossible to separate the two. He has also refused to separate himself from those in his movement he admits are foul, hateful people, or even denounce them. He was then hired to one of the most senior positions in the White House.

I understand voting for Trump over Hilary. I don't agree with it, but I understand it. What sickens me is the whitewashing, denial and overt racism in this in this thread.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: November 14, 2016, 11:19:46 AM »
sounds like he himself has become more subdude from the gravity of the responsibility. They were saying how everyone was celebrating the night of and he got really quiet.

Don't forget. Part of a President's job is to take human life. A business mogul can ruin people's lives financially and indirectly starve them. Presidents give orders over life and death. Yes, it's a weighty responsibility.