Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3845349 times)

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #8980 on: December 12, 2016, 03:12:09 PM »
The 60mm or the 62mm? 
Knew you'd bring that in. Its actually more enjoyable to see the Dems so worked up when they were so close with actually winning the popular vote.

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8981 on: December 12, 2016, 03:15:13 PM »
Knew you'd bring that in. Its actually more enjoyable to see the Dems so worked up when they were so close with actually winning the popular vote.
I just trying to figure out which part of America you are talking about. If you are talking about the hate groups that supported Trump then I am glad they disagree with me.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8982 on: December 12, 2016, 03:15:55 PM »
What will we get out of a congressional investigation? Shouldn't the investigation be by law enforcement such as the FBI?
That as long as we are not dealing with the investigation of a political figure where public knowledge is important it should be done by qualified investigators who should then report to congress. Once there is a politician involved there can sometimes be a reason for congressional investigation due to the potential of political meddling in the justice Dept.
See you didn't need me.  :)
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #8983 on: December 12, 2016, 03:18:44 PM »
See you didn't need me.  :)

Except that you seem to disagree since you wrote that McConnell starting an investigation would be common sense. There have been no allegations that anyone in the Trump team was involved.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8984 on: December 12, 2016, 03:21:35 PM »

Except that you seem to disagree since you wrote that McConnell starting an investigation would be common sense. There have been no allegations that anyone in the Trump team was involved.
The investigation is to see if they interfered. Why are the Trump supporters so defensive? Just like the recount. Let it run its course.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #8985 on: December 12, 2016, 03:22:27 PM »
Spy vs. Spy - WSJ - Wall Street Journal
Second, according to the Times report, even if the Russians were trying to help Trump, they didn’t expect to be successful:
The Russians were as surprised as everyone else at Mr. Trump’s victory, intelligence officials said. Had Mrs. Clinton won, they believe, emails stolen from the Democratic committee and from senior members of her campaign could have been used to undercut her legitimacy.
So American officials made secret information public with the effect—and, one may surmise, the intent—of raising questions about the legitimacy of President-elect Trump. That’s exactly what they accuse the Russians of having planned to do to Mrs. Clinton.

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8986 on: December 12, 2016, 03:23:10 PM »
I just trying to figure out which part of America you are talking about. If you are talking about the hate groups that supported Trump then I am glad they disagree with me.
Is it just me or are you moving more and more into the liberals side of things? Im not saying it in a judgmental manner, just wondering if arguing with people on the right is driving you to the left. Just based on what you were posting before november and what it seems you are posting now

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: December 12, 2016, 03:31:17 PM »
Is it just me or are you moving more and more into the liberals side of things? Im not saying it in a judgmental manner, just wondering if arguing with people on the right is driving you to the left. Just based on what you were posting before november and what it seems you are posting now
Maybe it is just the independent in me? It could also be all the disgusting things Trump he has said. My hope is that his actions are different than his words.

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #8988 on: December 12, 2016, 03:34:17 PM »
Maybe it is just the independent in me? It could also be all the disgusting things Trump he has said. My hope is that his actions are different than his words.
well thats why I asked, i thought you were more of an independent but your posts seem to be moving more to the left. Is it trump thats pushing you there or this thread?
just to be clear, I can understand either one doing that

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: December 12, 2016, 03:40:45 PM »
well thats why I asked, i thought you were more of an independent but your posts seem to be moving more to the left. Is it trump thats pushing you there or this thread?
just to be clear, I can understand either one doing that
I am not being pushed anywhere. I want to see conservative judges appointed. I disagree with Comey's decision with not to prosecute HRC but believe he did a fair job. I believe the Russians where behind the hacking. If my choice is to believe Trump/HRC or the CIA I will go with the CIA. Don't think I have changed. 

I look at MSNBC/FOX at the two extremes and CNN all most in the middle.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: December 12, 2016, 03:45:03 PM »
The investigation is to see if they interfered. Why are the Trump supporters so defensive? Just like the recount. Let it run its course.
For the same reason those who are yelling the loudest for a full investigation all were appalled when Trump was saying things about the election being rigged. (IIRC that included you but I did not look back to check) It comes down to that no politician wants anything done which can end up making them look bad and Trump is no different. We all know that similar to previous congressional investigation it will be all partisanship all the time. Why would they be interested in that process?

From the aforementioned WSJ editorial:
Spy vs. Spy - WSJ - Wall Street Journal
“Top Republicans must reject the ridiculous notion that a national election can be ‘rigged,’ ” the New York Times demanded in an Oct. 18 editorial. That was then, this is now: “[President-elect] Trump should be leading the call for a thorough investigation, since it would be the only way to remove this darkening cloud from his presidency. Failing to resolve the questions about Russia would feed suspicion among millions of Americans that a dominant theme of his candidacy turned out to be true: The election was indeed rigged.”

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: December 12, 2016, 03:50:35 PM »
What's does the CIA have to gain here?

The issue is every time something is said about Trump he acts like a spoiled brat. It was fun to mess around when I thought he would never win. The reality is now this disgusting individual will be our president.  It is a different game.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8992 on: December 12, 2016, 03:58:17 PM »
I am not being pushed anywhere. I want to see conservative judges appointed. I disagree with Comey's decision with not to prosecute HRC but believe he did a fair job. I believe the Russians where behind the hacking. If my choice is to believe Trump/HRC or the CIA I will go with the CIA. Don't think I have changed. 

I look at MSNBC/FOX at the two extremes and CNN all most in the middle.

CNN in the middle?
The same white-lash CNN with their non-stop crying about the results?

The same CNN that has emails showing that they worked hand in hand with the HRC and DNC to get Hillary elected?
You seriously believe CNN is considered the middle?
Visibly Jewish

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8993 on: December 12, 2016, 04:02:05 PM »
The same CNN that has emails showing that they worked hand in hand with the HRC and DNC to get Hillary elected?
Must have missed that email or you are swallowing hook, line and sinker what FIX news is saying.

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #8994 on: December 12, 2016, 04:30:31 PM »
Must have missed that email or you are swallowing hook, line and sinker what FIX news is saying.
Or you're swallowing what CNN says.

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: December 12, 2016, 04:31:26 PM »
Oh so the 60+ m that voted for him are now all part of hate groups. And BLM isn't a hate group ok.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #8996 on: December 12, 2016, 04:46:52 PM »
Such as her getting information on debate questions?

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #8997 on: December 12, 2016, 04:50:40 PM »
Such as her getting information on debate questions?

You know Trump also got Megyn Kelly's misogyny question beforehand?

And CNN had a Trump surrogate on their payroll at the same time he was on Trump's payroll.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #8998 on: December 12, 2016, 04:55:47 PM »
You know Trump also got Megyn Kelly's misogyny question beforehand?
Yes, sort of. From what we know he was NOT told the question only that it would be very pointed and directed at him. Now what does that tell us about CNN?

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #8999 on: December 12, 2016, 04:57:55 PM »
Yes, sort of. From what we know he was NOT told the question only that it would be very pointed and directed at him. Now what does that tell us about CNN?

"Pointed and direct question about his treatment of women." hmm, not much else to the question, is there? Just a matter of wording.
That was from Fox, not CNN.