Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3862818 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: Donald Trump for president what do u think?
« Reply #940 on: July 21, 2016, 09:33:59 AM »
Not sure what high road u refer of that trump took.
Cruz standing by his moral and ethical standards couldnt bring himself to say i endorse and stand by trumps standards which he simply doesn't.(btw scott walker didnt either). i think thats a pretty high road not bowing to pressure like a coward  (like christie standing there like an idiot,  or rubio going and endorsing). Theres no reason that any individual should feel like he has to go against princibles just because ur a republican card carrying member and party leadership decided you have to.
There was no pledge of endorsement, simply support and wouldnt run third party, Cruz was the only one who never backed off the pledge even when trunp himself did. He very clearly said when it comes to November he urged everyone to go vote and although i believe that consiensce was a poor choice of words, from the rest of his speech he clearly meant to vote for Trump, as Gringrich pharaprased for him.
To me this is the highest road, the highest moral ethical code of conduct of which he stands for, and calling him a phony and a fraud is simply not true. In fact the opposite had he endorsed that would have been the highest form of phoniness and fraud.
A true high road approach would have been to lay out everything he did in his speech, and conclude by saying something like "I've had a bitter and personal rivalry with Trump, with very personal attacks against me, but now that he has stunned everyone and is the Republican nominee, he is MY nominee too. I will rise above my personal feelings, and look at the choices presented at this election, and make a clear choice for this country's future and vote for Trump."
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #941 on: July 21, 2016, 09:36:26 AM »
Personally I think the high road is the one Kasich took, but to each their own.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: 2016 Election Master Thread
« Reply #942 on: July 21, 2016, 09:37:58 AM »
GARY JOHNSON FOR PRESIDENT
I don't agree with all of his positions, but with the other options being so awful, maybe that's what I'll do.
So odd being an undecided voter. Never understood why someone would be undecided until this year.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 21, 2016, 09:38:28 AM »
I don't agree with all of his positions, but with the other options being so awful, maybe that's what I'll do.

MELANIA TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 21, 2016, 09:41:43 AM »
So, do I vote for Trump because he's not Clinton or vote for Clinton because she's not Trump.
Is there any other reason to vote for these 2 clowns?
Or do I just take the Gary Johnson route?

Decisions, decisions...
Are SCOTUS appointments important to you? Do you feel one would be better than the other on this issue? There has to be some issue they differ on that affects you in a big way.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: July 21, 2016, 09:42:19 AM »
DAN FOR SCOTUS

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 21, 2016, 09:42:49 AM »
IVANKA TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT!!!
FTFY. We had a black so now lets try a Jew.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 21, 2016, 09:45:57 AM »
Are SCOTUS appointments important to you? Do you feel one would be better than the other on this issue? There has to be some issue they differ on that affects you in a big way.
Do I trust Trump to nominate someone to the SCOTUS as he said he would? Not really.

Is it worth having a race-baiter and someone who wants a trade war in the WH just for a SCOTUS nominee? Unclear to me at this time, but leaning towards not really.

Then again I don't care for the class-warfare baiter or someone who's pro Obamacare and a nuclear Iran in the WH either. So the reason to vote for each one is pretty much because they're not the other.

Which leaves Gary and Mickey.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 21, 2016, 09:47:20 AM »
FTFY. We had a black so now lets try a Jew.
Maybe Ivanka will the the SCOTUS nominee :P

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #949 on: July 21, 2016, 09:50:05 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/21/us/politics/donald-trump-issues.html

This is the biggest indictment of any sane Republican's plans to vote for Trump.

“I don’t think we have a right to lecture,” Mr. Trump said in a wide-ranging interview in his suite in a downtown hotel here while keeping an eye on television broadcasts from the Republican National Convention. “Look at what is happening in our country,” he said. “How are we going to lecture when people are shooting policemen in cold blood?”

He even called into question whether, as president, he would automatically extend the security guarantees that give the 28 members of NATO the assurance that the full force of the United States military has their back.

For example, asked about Russia’s threatening activities that have unnerved the small Baltic States that are among the more recent entrants into NATO, Mr. Trump said that if Russia attacked them, he would decide whether to come to their aid only after reviewing whether those nations “have fulfilled their obligations to us.”

Mr. Trump had nothing but praise for President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the country’s increasingly authoritarian but democratically elected leader. “I give great credit to him for being able to turn that around,” Mr. Trump said of the coup attempt on Friday night. “Some people say that it was staged, you know that,” he said. “I don’t think so.”

Mr. Trump said he was convinced that he could persuade Mr. Erdogan to put more effort into fighting the Islamic State. But the Obama administration has run up, daily, against the reality that the Kurds — among the most effective forces the United States is supporting against the Islamic State — are being attacked by Turkey, which fears they will create a breakaway nation.

Asked how he would solve that problem, Mr. Trump paused, then said: “Meetings.” LOLOLOL

He's downright dangerous to world stability. That's even when ignoring all his racist stuff.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #950 on: July 21, 2016, 09:50:28 AM »
Maybe Ivanka will the the SCOTUS nominee :P
A smart, young, powerful, good looking (sexist remark) Jewish women. How could we go wrong?

Offline Eliyohu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 21, 2016, 09:54:29 AM »
His thinking is somewhere along the lines of, he never had a chance to win and was hoping for a brokered convention and when this didnt happen he just couldnt swallow it, to me thats a bit babyish. He could have atleast came to bash hilliary or said like Scott walker that we cant afford to wait 4 years. The convention is in his own state... and Trump needs him to win Ohio in November.
 Thats unless he really does want Hillary to win, which makes sense as lots of his views are inline with hers.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost

Offline JTZ

• View Profile

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #954 on: July 21, 2016, 10:00:52 AM »
After further review I reverse my call on the field. There was no excuse for him to say to vote your conscience. That is the term being used by the conservative NeverTrumpers. Had he left those words out it would have been fine to have not specifically said that he endorses Trump. Had he said vote for Rs up and down the ticket it would have been fine. He endorsed enough of Trump's policies to get away with that and have even been called giving a full endorsement to Trump. I still do not think that this was a breach of his support the nominee pledge.

As an aside, IINM Cruz won enough states that according to GOP rules he was entitled to speak with or without Trump's blessing.

This does bring out the disorganization of the Trump campaign. What could have been their best opportunity to show the skeptics why they vote Trump has been squandered and news cycle has been about unforced errors of theirs.
It does show that their operation is still pretty amateur. I forgot where I read that their communication staff is a few people as opposed to clintons hundreds
They better get their act together before they start playing in the real world! (If they win)
He said he will be getting the best people to advise him if he wins. Can it get any worse than what he has now?  :)
This certainly does give cause for concern over their ability to manage the presidency.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #955 on: July 21, 2016, 10:10:56 AM »
Trump hasn't changed from the beginning.
He signed the pledge in marker and went back on it. Did you even watch the video I posted before?

He didn't have to speak at the convention.

Exactly. But you know who wanted him to speak despite knowing exactly what he would say? Trump. Why would he want that? To boo him off stage and get back at someone he dislikes. Yup, sounds like a president.

And why did Cruz speak? Because when it all crumbles in November, his speech, along with the selling out of Rubio, Walker, Ryan et al, makes for a ready-made campaign.

it's all about SCOTUS nominations!
What has Trump done or said to convince you his SCOTUS nominees would be right wing or even have any sort of cognitive function? Every word out of his mouth contradicts another of his. He repeatedly has undermined the Constitution, including freedom of the press, freedom of speech, and others. He continues to praise and find common ground with the worst of dictators. He has been on the left side of *every* social issue prior to running for president. It boggles the mind that so many capitulated to him.

And to think the Senate could have held a hearing and selected Garland, universally liked and respected, and now they'll have to do with HRC's nominee... Talk about shortsightedness and idiotic spitefulness.

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 21, 2016, 10:11:53 AM »

Kasich showed up for the Republicans the same as Bernie Sanders did for the Democrats (minus the supporters).

That's what you call the high road? (snort)
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 21, 2016, 10:13:52 AM »
He signed the pledge in marker and went back on it. Did you even watch the video I posted before?
Reread what I said. Don't combine my answers as they were to different questions.

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 21, 2016, 10:15:00 AM »
I think it's a great move for Kasich, you have the whole republican party endorsing one person who is a total wild card if he gets elected and is terrible in 4 years from now he gets to say the more gratifying I told you so.

Just because Trump won his party's nomination I don't see why that means he has to endorse a candidate he doesn't like. Seems like an honest person who can stand by his convictions even when his party is losing theirs.

No one likes to hear I told you so. That's not going to be an effective campaign to get him nominated. And after this go around, most of us think he has severe cognitive disabilities, so it's over before it starts. The guy could be Ronald Reagan incarnate - but once the Alzheimers is out in the open it's time for the rest home.

Maybe he can keep OH, but he should stay there.
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 21, 2016, 10:15:55 AM »
Trump is not a Republican. Period. He just knew that no third party candidate on history has won, and decided that it would be easier to win on the Republican ticket than the Democratic. Not endorsing him isn't called not being a team player. Trump isn't on the team.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ