Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3861268 times)

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
Re: Donald Trump for president what do u think?
« Reply #960 on: July 21, 2016, 10:16:33 AM »
If it is not to personal will you be voting for HRC?

Absolutely and I HATE her. I'm as conservative and Republican as they come, but just can't vote for Trump.

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Election Master Thread
« Reply #961 on: July 21, 2016, 10:17:50 AM »
FTFY. We had a black so now lets try a Jew.

A smart, young, powerful, good looking (sexist remark) Jewish women. How could we go wrong?

The first remark is worse than the second.
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 21, 2016, 10:20:22 AM »
He is the Republican nominee and that is all that matters. A team player supports the Republican nominee.

I guess everyone forgets that slamming Trump is the same as slamming the millions of Republicans that voted for him. I know someone will say why is fair to slam Cruz then and the answer is simple. He LOST!  :P
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline hachover

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 21, 2016, 10:21:50 AM »
Trump is not a Republican. Period. He just knew that no third party candidate on history has won, and decided that it would be easier to win on the Republican ticket than the Democratic. Not endorsing him isn't called not being a team player. Trump isn't on the team.

That's absurd. He is the party's nominee, by nature of the fact that he got people to vote for him. The people decided that he is on the team. If that is not definitive enough for you, then by what metric do we get to decide who is on the team in a democratic way?
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #964 on: July 21, 2016, 10:23:07 AM »
That's absurd. He is the party's nominee, by nature of the fact that he got people to vote for him. The people decided that he is on the team. If that is not definitive enough for you, then by what metric do we get to decide who is on the team in a democratic way?
Sounds like the conversion thread!
^^^

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 21, 2016, 10:23:47 AM »

Cruz was invited to speak.

He said he would not endorse.

The "vote your conscious" line, along with the rest of the speech was seen and approved by Trump.

Many reports that he even told Trump face to face he would not endorse.

Trump allows Cruz to upstage his own convention.

Trump and his surrogates are now pretending to be shocked and angry.

Please.

Cruz has positioned himself perfectly for the post November gop collapse, when the Rubios will be left to try pretend they didn't endorse Trump.

And I was not a Cruz fan. I was a Rubio fan till he endorsed a guy he said repeatedly is not fit to be president.

You have it all backwards. They completely played cruz and used cruz fault to cause him to self destruct and i5 got all of the convention to back trump. And I was a big cruz guy the whole primary

This is some "high road" - allowing Cruz to take the news cycle and sacrifice a "convention bump" just so you can try humiliate an adversary?

It is not only babyish and vindictive, it's bad politics.

That's real backwards logic. It's trumps fault that cruz was to self focused to realize his speech would get him booed off the stage? Trump should've warned him nor to be an idiot?? And again I was a huge cruz supporter you can read up thread to verify
Personally I think the high road is the one Kasich took, but to each their own.
I can't stand kasich but at least he got this one right if you don't want to endorse fine but don't go in a speak to try to advance your own political agenda when you won't help the current conventions agenda

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
Re: 2016 Election Master Thread
« Reply #966 on: July 21, 2016, 10:25:06 AM »
The first remark is worse than the second.
I look at things in a positive manner. So you are saying the second remark is better than the first?  :)
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 21, 2016, 10:28:43 AM »
He is the Republican nominee and that is all that matters. A team player supports the Republican nominee.

I guess everyone forgets that slamming Trump is the same as slamming the millions of Republicans that voted for him. I know someone will say why is fair to slam Cruz then and the answer is simple. He LOST!  :P

I do slam all of his voters. I want no part in this insanity. Country over party.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #968 on: July 21, 2016, 10:30:02 AM »
Absolutely and I HATE her. I'm as conservative and Republican as they come, but just can't vote for Trump.
If you're registered to vote in NY just calm down, your vote will make no difference. Fivethirtyeight.com has a nice chart about this showing how likely any individual vote makes a difference in various states.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 21, 2016, 10:30:34 AM »

The party has gone to the dogs.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 21, 2016, 10:32:53 AM »
I do slam all of his voters. I want no part in this insanity. Country over party.
Refreshing to see questions actually answered.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #971 on: July 21, 2016, 10:33:06 AM »
His thinking is somewhere along the lines of, he never had a chance to win and was hoping for a brokered convention and when this didnt happen he just couldnt swallow it, to me thats a bit babyish. He could have atleast came to bash hilliary or said like Scott walker that we cant afford to wait 4 years. The convention is in his own state... and Trump needs him to win Ohio in November.
 Thats unless he really does want Hillary to win, which makes sense as lots of his views are inline with hers.
Or he can't stand Trump just like he can't stand Hillary. Which is where many people in this country stand right now.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline hachover

• View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 21, 2016, 10:33:09 AM »

Meaning... things didn't go your way. Put it this way, if your "dogs" are the majority of this country, then the country should go to the dogs. Do you disagree?

Offline yoohoo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 21, 2016, 10:33:48 AM »
do you think the country is headed in the right direction? do you feel good about where america stands right now?
does it not bother you that there are billions of dollars of our money being wasted on nonsense and are going to ppl in politics who get nothing done?
the bottom line is Trump is a risk but Hillary is a definite disaster. You are guaranteeing yourself 4/8 more years of decline with her.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 21, 2016, 10:38:10 AM »
do you think the country is headed in the right direction? do you feel good about where america stands right now?
does it not bother you that there are billions of dollars of our money being wasted on nonsense and are going to ppl in politics who get nothing done?
the bottom line is Trump is a risk but Hillary is a definite disaster. You are guaranteeing yourself 4/8 more years of decline with her.

I view Trump as a much more certain disaster.

Offline yoohoo

• View Profile
« Reply #975 on: July 21, 2016, 10:40:54 AM »
i also believe that Trump is so self conscious of what people think of him that none of his decisions will be made without proper advice from more sound people.
if all trump does as president is police Washington and call out all the nonsense that everyone knows goes on and monitors the 'special interests' affect on politics, we will be fine, he will have all his experienced administration staff calling the shots anyway....

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 21, 2016, 10:41:11 AM »
So much non sense from the anti Trump guys here. My head is spinning.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline yoohoo

• View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 21, 2016, 10:44:34 AM »
I view Trump as a much more certain disaster.
when u calculate Trumps temperament vs Hillarys (Clintons in general) scandals and corruption, what do u see better in Hillary?

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 21, 2016, 10:49:15 AM »
Meaning... things didn't go your way. Put it this way, if your "dogs" are the majority of this country, then the country should go to the dogs. Do you disagree?
I think people are fell for him, and think that he has morals mixed with pragmatism. They think his successful record as a businessman shows him to be a man who gets things done, and his lack of political correctness means that he's one to stare the bull in the eye instead of skirting around serious issues.

Trump is a much more believable liar than Cruz, because he also believes the garbage he spews. Cruz can't say a sentence without appearing condescending and phony. Trump connects much better to people looking for a strongarm superhero.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 21, 2016, 10:54:13 AM »
I still feel that if after day 3 of the convention the 2 hottest topics being discussed all over are Melania's plagerism and that Cruz got booed off stage, as opposed to actual policies and things that were said, it must be really good for the Republicans. Just my own $.02.