Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3769189 times)

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
Re: Donald Trump for president what do u think?
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2015, 01:46:52 PM »
True but that doesn't contradict what I said about the culture of stifling political correctness.
Welcome to the human race. Say things most humans don't like to hear be prepared for the way they'll treat you.

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2015, 01:54:13 PM »
Welcome to the modern day human race. Say things most humans don't like to hear be prepared for the way they'll treat you.

Political correctness in this country was never as stifling and overbearing as it is now. Trying to convince anyone will be futile as its plainly obvious.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2015, 02:06:43 PM »
Political correctness in this country was never as stifling and overbearing as it is now. Trying to convince anyone will be futile as its plainly obvious.
Hate to rain in on your nostalgia but that's how people always worked, say something unpopular and society will react accordingly.

The only thing that changed is WHAT is considered unpopular.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2015, 02:08:17 PM »

What you call not "politically correct" is code for blatant racism and xenophobia. Yes, I much prefer today's society where people are being "stifled" into being more understanding of others than the good old days when racism and bigotry were acceptable.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2015, 02:10:45 PM »
What you call not "politically correct" is code for blatant racism and xenophobia. Yes, I much prefer today's society where people are being "stifled" into being more understanding of others than the good old days when racism and bigotry were acceptable.
+1

Any way you play it Trump's comment came across as very racist and bigoted. He practically asked for it.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2015, 02:19:01 PM »

What would your thoughts be about a business owner who said, "When Europe sends its Jews, they're not sending their best; they're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

If a media company catering largely to Hebrew and Yiddish speaking people cut ties with him/her you'd call it "stifling political correctness?"

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2015, 02:36:04 PM »

If a media company catering largely to Hebrew and Yiddish speaking people cut ties with him/her you'd call it "stifling political correctness?"
The problem with political correctness is only if it's stifling opinions I agree with, anything I don't agree with is just plain antisemitism...

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2015, 03:11:23 PM »
What would your thoughts be about a business owner who said, "When Europe sends its Jews, they're not sending their best; they're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people. I can't be an anti-Semite I have a Jew friend."

FTFY  :)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2015, 03:41:04 PM »
What would your thoughts be about a business owner who said, "When Europe sends its Jews, they're not sending their best; they're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people. I can't be an Anti-Semite, I love Jews! I just sold a building to a Jew for millions!"

Or this. He actually said this about Chinese people.

BTW, just to go off topic, his daughter and son in law are orthodox Jews. I met them ever so briefly once, and they came across as perfectly nice, well adjusted, down to earth people. A far cry from the ego-maniacal impressions her father gives.

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2015, 03:42:05 PM »
What would your thoughts be about a business owner who said, "When Europe sends its Jews, they're not sending their best; they're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

I'm sorry, is Mexico now considered a "race"?

Mr. Trump said nothing against Hispanics as the media would have you believe. He said that Mexico is deliberately allowing thousands of criminals through our borders. These are the FACTS from Homeland Security that he is merely repeating. Why don't you go have a look at the statistics yourself before painting Trump as a racist. It's also worth noting that it is a crime to enter this country illegally, good person or bad person.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2015, 03:54:46 PM »

Mr. Trump said nothing against Hispanics as the media would have you believe. He said that Mexico is deliberately allowing thousands of criminals through our borders. These are the FACTS from Homeland Security that he is merely repeating. Why don't you go have a look at the statistics yourself before painting Trump as a racist. It's also worth noting that it is a crime to enter this country illegally, good person or bad person.
There is a right way and a wrong way to make a point. With Trump it is either my way or the highway.

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2015, 04:09:07 PM »

Political correctness is a good thing when used in moderation. When used in extreme it's just as bad as racism. Political Correctness used in extreme will destroy our country from within. (curiously, where was political correctness hiding when Israel was trying to defend itself from rocket attacks and was being mercilessly beaten down by the media for doing so?)

Illegal immigration WILL destroy this country. When immigrants poured in in the early 1900's they were willing to work their butts off for $0.90 a day and there were NO benefits. Not to mention that there were thousands of industrial and manufacturing jobs. Those people came here to start a new life and hope for the best.

Illegals that come here today are coming first and foremost for BENEFITS. They are coming to leech off this country. Enough with this "start a new life" nonsense. This country does not have enough jobs as it is, let alone extra money to provide fee stuff to illegals. The only reason that Democrats are not screaming bloody murder is because it actually BENEFITS them politically, as illegal immigrants, if made citizens are 100% likely to vote Democrat for the free handouts.

Why is this not being stopped? Two words: political. correctness.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2015, 04:15:14 PM »

Oy, where to start? I quoted his speech - I didn't paraphrase anything I got from the media. Also, the quote of mine you have doesn't mention race or racism. He called Mexican immigrants, even if they are illegal, rapists, drug dealers, criminals and "problems." That is mighty offensive to all Mexicans, and it is quite easy to see how that would be offensive to all immigrants, especially Hispanics, of which there are millions in this country.

Besides, is Anti-Semitism racism? Who cares what technical name you give the hatred, he's still a bigoted narcissist. Trying to get pedantic over his words and turn him into some sort of sympathetic victim makes you look foolish.

Then you mention FACTS and other things worth noting, which have no bearing on him spouting his raging xenophobia while in the process of declaring himself a presidential candidate for a country with the second largest Spanish speaking population in the world! Why would you want to have any part of even implying to defend such a moron?

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2015, 04:20:28 PM »
Political correctness is a good thing when used in moderation. When used in extreme it's just as bad as racism. Political Correctness used in extreme will destroy our country from within. (curiously, where was political correctness hiding when Israel was trying to defend itself from rocket attacks and was being mercilessly beaten down by the media for doing so?)

Illegal immigration WILL destroy this country. When immigrants poured in in the early 1900's they were willing to work their butts off for $0.90 a day and there were NO benefits. Not to mention that there were thousands of industrial and manufacturing jobs. Those people came here to start a new life and hope for the best.

Illegals that come here today are coming first and foremost for BENEFITS. They are coming to leech off this country. Enough with this "start a new life" nonsense. This country does not have enough jobs as it is, let alone extra money to provide fee stuff to illegals. The only reason that Democrats are not screaming bloody murder is because it actually BENEFITS them politically, as illegal immigrants, if made citizens are 100% likely to vote Democrat for the free handouts.

If all he would have spoken about was jobs lost and benefits there wouldn't have been this backlash. It's when he implied they were all rapists and criminals.

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2015, 04:34:08 PM »
Oy, where to start? I quoted his speech - I didn't paraphrase anything I got from the media.

No, you didn't paraphrase, but Univision was the one that decided that what he said was racist. Everyone else jumped on the bandwagon.

Also, the quote of mine you have doesn't mention race or racism.

You compared it to criticizing Jews. You very much implied that.

He called Mexican immigrants, even if they are illegal, rapists, drug dealers, criminals and "problems." That is mighty offensive to all Mexicans, and it is quite easy to see how that would be offensive to all immigrants, especially Hispanics, of which there are millions in this country.

Nope. Not if his words weren't taken out of context by the Liberal media. Every logical person would understand that he is frustrated with illegal immigration. Not with Mexican's or the Hispanic race.

Besides, is Anti-Semitism racism?

Of course Anti-Semitism is racism. It's targeting an individual because of his or her race.

Who cares what technical name you give the hatred, he's still a bigoted narcissist. Trying to get pedantic over his words and turn him into some sort of sympathetic victim makes you look foolish.

He did not utter a word of hatred. This was fabricated by Univision and subsequently repeated by the likes of Yehuda57. Is someone who speaks out against ISIS a hater?

Then you mention FACTS and other things worth noting, which have no bearing on him spouting his raging xenophobia while in the process of declaring himself a presidential candidate for a country with the second largest Spanish speaking population in the world! Why would you want to have any part of even implying to defend such a moron?

The FACTS were to show you that he didn't concoct some kind of anti-Hispanic rhetoric to get the American people to turn against them.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2015, 04:35:31 PM »

There are European immigrants - or at least children/grandchildren of immigrants - who are very, very adept at milking the benefits offered by this country. Look at the list of lowest income areas in New York State, go visit them, and tell me who is looking for a handout in this country. If Hilary Clinton were to speak about that, she'd be branded a raging Anti Semite - and rightly so!

When you generalize about a nationality, race, religion or other group in a hateful, or belittling manner, you reveal yourself to be a bigot. The fact that you don't see the racism inherent in your comments is troubling.

You do have points which can be argued. Political correctness can go to far, and Tim Hunt losing his job over a (perhaps inappropriate) joke is a fine place to start. Donald Trump is not. Immigration is definitely an issue the country has to face - calling Mexicans rapists and criminals is not going to help.

Illegal immigration WILL destroy this country.

The Native Americans would have done well to have known this.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2015, 04:38:57 PM »
I'm done here.

Have fun, y'all

Offline Aj3042

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2015, 04:39:54 PM »
Thumbs up for zale!

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2015, 04:46:24 PM »
These are businesses, they can do whatever the hell they want. I'm sure they aren't losing money off of these decisions...
NYC is not a business.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2015, 05:00:10 PM »
Thumbs up for zale!
There is a shocker.  :P