Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3852310 times)

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
Re: Donald Trump for president what do u think?
« Reply #380 on: July 29, 2015, 09:11:02 PM »
Can we start using the "-gate" suffix with Trump?

Anyone see how he's responding to breastpump-gate?
Can't we just lump it all into one big Trumpgate? ;D

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #381 on: July 30, 2015, 07:23:52 PM »
http://www.wsj.com/articles/durham-we-have-a-problem-1438279548

Or if you don't have WSJ access
https://www.google.com/search?safe=active&q=Durham%2C+We+Have+a+Problem&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

No More Mr. Nice Guy
 “Donald Trump is not shy about stating his strengths as a candidate,” observes Susan Jones of CNSNews.com:
So when Fox News’s Greta Van Susteren asked him, “What’s your weakness?” on Tuesday night, Trump responded this way:
“Some people think I’m not a nice person, and I actually am. I love people. You know I’m a nice person. But some people think, maybe it’s the ‘you’re fired’ and ‘The Apprentice.’ Who knows? But some people think I’m not a nice person.
“But you know what I tell somebody that said that, that really wants me to win. He said, Mr. Trump, can you be nicer?
“I said, look, I don’t think this election is going to be won by a nice person. I think people want competence for a change. We need compet—we need really, really, smart, competent people. And if we don’t get that kind of leader and leadership in particular at the level of the president, this country is in big trouble.”
According to Trump, (1) he is a nice person, and (2) a nice person is not going to win the election. It follows logically that Trump does not believe he is going to win the election. Some good news for a change.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 31, 2015, 12:32:41 AM »
“Donald Trump is not shy about stating his strengths as a candidate,” observes Susan Jones of CNSNews.com: According to Trump, (1) he is a nice person, and (2) a nice person is not going to win the election. It follows logically that Trump does not believe he is going to win the election. Some good news for a change.
Now I can sleep better at night.  :)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #383 on: July 31, 2015, 06:07:26 AM »

“Donald Trump is not shy about stating his strengths as a candidate,” observes Susan Jones of CNSNews.com: According to Trump, (1) he is a nice person, and (2) a nice person is not going to win the election. It follows logically that Trump does not believe he is going to win the election. Some good news for a change.
Who said anything about logic?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 02, 2015, 04:17:23 PM »
Peggy Noonan writes the following:

His rise is not due to his supporters' anger at government. It is a gesture of contempt for government, for the men and women in Congress, the White House, the agencies. It is precisely because people have lost their awe for the presidency that they imagine Mr. Trump as a viable president. American political establishment, take note: In the past 20 years you have turned America into a nation a third of whose people would make Donald Trump their president. Look on your wonders and despair.

Offline harrym

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 02, 2015, 06:41:31 PM »
Peggy Noonan writes the following:
And if I may add: The reason the people lost their awe for the presidency is Barack Obama.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 02, 2015, 06:59:00 PM »
And if I may add: The reason the people lost their awe for the presidency is Barack Obama.
-1. Had there been awe for the presidency he would never have been elected.

Offline avremie

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 02, 2015, 10:22:49 PM »
Has anyone seen Trump the movie?
Please review.

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 03, 2015, 01:53:50 AM »
If this guy makes it to the presidency, he will completely overshadow Obama's presidency and legacy.

Though I still think that he has zero--zilch--chance to make it to the nomination, this thought is very entertaining.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech

Offline JoeyShmoe

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #392 on: August 03, 2015, 04:01:00 PM »
Very interesting read!
More like the rant of someone insulted by Trump's snubbing of him.

Offline JoeyShmoe

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 03, 2015, 04:12:25 PM »

A) The article for the most part points out how a chunk of the media is following him as if he were a regular candidate, when in fact he isn't acting like one (and his random and selective responses prove that)

B) I also want to know his answers to those 6 questions
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 03, 2015, 04:58:09 PM »
Do you know any substantive positions of his that we don't? That would be any at all

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #395 on: August 03, 2015, 05:48:24 PM »
Do you know any substantive positions of his that we don't? That would be any at all
Did I say he's substantive? All I said was that this guy has a grudge against him for ignoring him. Besides, since when does the media only follow "substantive" parts of campaigns? They holler for days about how Mitt Romney put a dog on top of his car and eagerly follow Obama into the nighttime comedy shows and then claim to be interested in "substance"? Give me a break-I wish the election was about substance instead of who looks better and sounds funnier but the media participates plenty in this sort of shallow routine.
The funniest part of this article is about who he talks about the British attitude toward Trump. For anyone knowledgable about history the British example is exactly the one that we want to avoid. They went from having the largest empire in history to being an unexceptional regional power in just 50-60 years. They threw Churchill, a war hero who won the Second World War for them, out of office right after the war was over, which goes to show their poor taste in elections (in contrast think of the American gratitude toward FDR). So yes, let's listen to them if we want to decline like them.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 03, 2015, 07:14:07 PM »
Besides, since when does the media only follow "substantive" parts of campaigns?
FTFY and new example needed because we are not dealing with unsubstantive parts of a substantive campaign

They went from having the largest empire in history
Greater than those who were "malchu bikipah"? Was that ever a measure of America at all? Is ability and will to conquer militarily a true gauge of greatness?
For anyone knowledgable about history the British example is exactly the one that we want to avoid. They went from having the largest empire in history to being an unexceptional regional power in just 50-60 years.
Their domestic policies are in many ways in the American tradition partially due to and cause of the relationship between Reagan and Thatcher

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 03, 2015, 07:29:20 PM »
Greater than those who were "malchu bikipah"? Was that ever a measure of America at all? Is ability and will to conquer militarily a true gauge of greatness?
The simple answer to that question is yes. It doesn't say "malchu b'kipah" for no reason, right? The megillah says Achashveirosh ruled over 127 lands as a gauge of his power, right?. However, it's besides the point, as losing almost all your empire in a few decades is certainly not a sign of power. In fact, it's the biggest sign of a weak and crumbling empire.

FTFY and new example needed because we are not dealing with unsubstantive parts of a substantive campaign
The media's constant focus on stupidity and shallowness rather than on important issues means that they have yet to substantively cover any serious issue. For example, what coverage have you heard recently over the border issue besides Trump's comments? Does the liberal media actually discuss the great danger of this border problem to the health of the nation or only Trump's comments about illegal immigrants (which quite frankly shouldn't be the main issue on people's minds now given the countless perils Americans are facing).

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 03, 2015, 07:56:13 PM »
The simple answer to that question is yes. It doesn't say "malchu b'kipah" for no reason, right? The megillah says Achashveirosh ruled over 127 lands as a gauge of his power, right?. However, it's besides the point, as losing almost all your empire in a few decades is certainly not a sign of power. In fact, it's the biggest sign of a weak and crumbling empire.
I don't get your answer about malchu bikipah. If they ruled the world then that was greater than Britain. Maybe a crumbling empire but it happened due to the realization that colonialism was poor policy and not a measure of greatness.
The media's constant focus on stupidity and shallowness rather than on important issues means that they have yet to substantively cover any serious issue. For example, what coverage have you heard recently over the border issue besides Trump's comments? Does the liberal media actually discuss the great danger of this border problem to the health of the nation or only Trump's comments about illegal immigrants (which quite frankly shouldn't be the main issue on people's minds now given the countless perils Americans are facing).
And here one reporter actually did try to report on some substance and was rebuffed. That is in itself substantive news. Yet when he reports it you complain that he has a chip on his shoulder. If his campaign is without substance then PuffHo is correct for placing it in the entertainment section. It sure isn't politics.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 03, 2015, 08:26:55 PM »
Your question about Britain regarding "malchu b'kipah" has a very simple answer. Chazal say that they were "malchu b'kipah" and whatever that means (whether only the civilized world at the time, or literally the whole world) I was merely quoting current scientific knowledge on the subject. If it argues with chazal then it's wrong and if chazal meant something else than what the literal interpretation implies it is right. (As it is to say they meant he ruled over North America and Antarctica is unlikely so there's room for explaining that it means the whole civilized world. But that's for another time.)

And Trump is right in his disdain for the liberal media which is a bigger mockery of substance than he is. It's not for no reason he gets cheers when he digresses his disgust with them. If they were honest and at least a little impartial this guy's complaints would have merit. Given their constant skewering of Republicans he has every reason to distance himself from them.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 08:30:52 PM by Aj3042 »