Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3824136 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #3280 on: September 27, 2016, 09:29:51 AM »
Well....NATO includes the UK and Portugal so a twisted case could be made to say she meant that NATO contains the oldest military alliance.
ahhhhh don't worry, that is what the opinion checkers will write. Zero Pinocchios
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #3281 on: September 27, 2016, 09:30:06 AM »
Well....NATO includes the UK and Portugal so a twisted case could be made to say she meant that NATO contains the oldest military alliance.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #3282 on: September 27, 2016, 09:45:07 AM »
Trump bombed. Good
You probably had this typed up before the debate started.

Offline Boruch999

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #3284 on: September 27, 2016, 09:49:23 AM »
You probably had this typed up before the debate started.
Agreed, he didn't bomb at all. He didn't talk about his little guy or her cycles, so that's already a big win for him.

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #3285 on: September 27, 2016, 10:00:07 AM »
Interesting how most polls have him as the winner by a landslide, as much as I support him I don't think he crushed her that much.

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: September 27, 2016, 10:07:11 AM »
Interesting how most polls have him as the winner by a landslide, as much as I support him I don't think he crushed her that much.
Almost all of those were news website polls. Not exactly a reliable indicator.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: September 27, 2016, 10:24:31 AM »
Almost all of those were news website polls. Not exactly a reliable indicator.
of course, but neither is it an indicator that he bombed.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: September 27, 2016, 10:37:22 AM »
That's what happens when you don't prepare. Have you ever spoken publicly, how often do you forget certain parts of your speech when you dont prepare properly.
Its hard to belive that he didn't respond to Clinton's theories about why he isnt releasing his tax returns with theories of his own regarding the deleted emails. Instead he defended himself from her theories.
He responded to her tax return charges. He said "you don't learn that much from tax returns." He should have expounded. You won't see my net worth, you won't see my charitable deductions, you won't see my foreign holdings. And if it shows that I didn't pay any federal income tax, then I'm proud of my accountants.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: September 27, 2016, 10:40:14 AM »
He responded to her tax return charges. He said "you don't learn that much from tax returns." He should have expounded. You won't see my net worth, you won't see my charitable deductions, you won't see my foreign holdings. And if it shows that I didn't pay any federal income tax, then I'm proud of my accountants.
He missed so many opportunities for good answers. The list is endless for good answers he should of had with preparing like I hope he does for the next debate.

When she asked him to apologize to the small business owners he should of asked her to apologize to the Benghazi victims families for failing to save their brothers, fathers, sons from being murdered...

I heard him claim he didn't have the opportunity to bring up her scandals, well that's where prep comes in. When Clinton heard key words she knew she can now use argument a, then argument b, etc.

Her opening for example was going to be the same opening no matter what the question and it was pretty good, he should of had the same thing, planned out answers...

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: September 27, 2016, 11:03:07 AM »
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/151007796236/i-score-the-first-debate

I have a feeling there are more people with reactions like the ones described here than people think. The more undecided someone is the more likely they are to feel this way.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/26/the-best-debate-takes-come-from-inside-the-bar/
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 11:08:34 AM by aygart »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3291 on: September 27, 2016, 11:08:30 AM »
you won't see my charitable deductions
How so?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: September 27, 2016, 11:09:25 AM »
How so?

They are likely to come primarily from the business accounts for tax purposes

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3293 on: September 27, 2016, 11:10:44 AM »
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/151007796236/i-score-the-first-debate

I have a feeling there are more people with reactions like the ones described here than people think. The more undecided someone is the more likely they are to feel this way.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/26/the-best-debate-takes-come-from-inside-the-bar/
I agree with many of Scott's takes, but not this one.
He's saying he threw the debate on purpose to seem presidential and he won based on that.

I don't know what debate he was watching but I didn't think he looked presidential and he definitely didn't show a good command of issues or have good responses to accusations.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: September 27, 2016, 11:11:22 AM »
They are likely to come primarily from the business accounts for tax purposes
What tax purpose is there for that?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: September 27, 2016, 11:12:59 AM »
He missed so many opportunities for good answers. The list is endless for good answers he should of had with preparing like I hope he does for the next debate.

When she asked him to apologize to the small business owners he should of asked her to apologize to the Benghazi victims families for failing to save their brothers, fathers, sons from being murdered...

I heard him claim he didn't have the opportunity to bring up her scandals, well that's where prep comes in. When Clinton heard key words she knew she can now use argument a, then argument b, etc.

Her opening for example was going to be the same opening no matter what the question and it was pretty good, he should of had the same thing, planned out answers...
How do you think he should have answered the various bigotry accusations?

I think the best answer would be to say that they have accused every Republican for the last 1000 years of being a bigot and of course they are doing that to him as well. Let the opinion checkers give it 1000 Pinocchios since the Rs werent around for 1000 years.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: September 27, 2016, 11:13:56 AM »
What tax purpose is there for that?
His schedule A deductions are almost certainly limited with AMT while with a business it can often be expensed.

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: September 27, 2016, 11:14:49 AM »
I agree with many of Scott's takes, but not this one.
He's saying he threw the debate on purpose to seem presidential and he won based on that.

I don't know what debate he was watching but I didn't think he looked presidential and he definitely didn't show a good command of issues or have good responses to accusations.

The only thing I can agree with is that he held back. His campaign probably warned him "Donald, if you are not sure if you should say something then DON'T say it!"

http://www.dailywire.com/news/9491/ego-problem-after-early-success-insecure-defensive-ben-shapiro

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: September 27, 2016, 11:15:57 AM »

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: September 27, 2016, 11:16:17 AM »
How so?
Comes from his foundations.