Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3829427 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #4880 on: November 01, 2016, 09:47:26 AM »
It may have some impact.
But I remember them saying the same thing in 2008 that there would be a lot of racists who will ultimately pull the lever for McCain just because he wasn't black and that they weren't showing up in polls.
Never materialized.
But why wouldn't they just answer to a pollster that they support McCain? Here there are many who like you do not like either candidate and are either calling themselves undecided or saying they will vote for Johnson or Stein or Mickey Mouse but then when it comes to actually voting realize that it makes no sense at all and vote for one or the other. This has been showing in the polls already with the tightening coming without Hillary's numbers dropping. Also, there wasn't the embarrassment factor with McCain that there is with Trump or Hillary. I would guess that 70% of the electorate will be holding their noses and voting no matter who they vote for.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: November 01, 2016, 09:52:04 AM »

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: November 01, 2016, 09:59:53 AM »
I would guess that 70% of the electorate will be holding their noses and voting no matter who they vote for.
You don't think the majority of each candidates base will be voting for them because they actually do support them?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: November 01, 2016, 10:02:17 AM »
You don't think the majority of each candidates base will be voting for them because they actually do support them?
Fine. My point is the same. IN this election there is a disproportionately high share of hold your nose and vote voters.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: November 01, 2016, 10:05:21 AM »
Fine. My point is the same. IN this election there is a disproportionately high share of hold your nose and vote voters.
If that was your point then I would agree.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: November 01, 2016, 10:10:00 AM »
Or they are all in denial that they will probably end up voting for Trump.

If he wins this it'll be because all the polls didn't consider the embarrassment of Trump voters.

For example if there was a vote to legalize gay marriage all the polls and Facebook feeds will likely show it to pass a vote, because people are shamed into not expressing their opposition. But in the privacy of a polling booth a huge percentage will likely still vote it down.
The same argument can be made (not as strongly) that there's Clinton embarrassment too.

Offline elit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: November 01, 2016, 10:15:02 AM »
It may have some impact.
But I remember them saying the same thing in 2008 that there would be a lot of racists who will ultimately pull the lever for McCain just because he wasn't black and that they weren't showing up in polls.
Never materialized.
The difference racism being a big issue today I believe is a liberal fantasy....
(Dont shoot me)

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: November 01, 2016, 10:16:05 AM »
The same argument can be made (not as strongly) that there's Clinton embarrassment too.
Do you think that is the case? How much bullying is there of Clinton voters Vs Trump voters?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: November 01, 2016, 10:18:14 AM »
The difference racism being a big issue today I believe is a liberal fantasy....
(Dont shoot me)
Not going to shoot you but there is racism everywhere.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: November 01, 2016, 10:22:43 AM »
Big difference between it existing and being a big issue. I would guess that a high percentage of forum members have experienced some level of bias at some point in their lives but would also say that bias is not a big issue in America today.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #4890 on: November 01, 2016, 10:25:16 AM »
Do you think that is the case? How much bullying is there of Clinton voters Vs Trump voters?
I don't mean because of bullying. I believe there are Bernie loyalists who will never admit that their voting for Clinton. And there are lifelong GOPers, who are afraid of Trump, who won't admit they're voting for Clinton, (I speak from experience  ;), or maybe not, I won't know till I'm in the voting booth).

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: November 01, 2016, 10:26:44 AM »
Not on a scale to impact an election

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: November 01, 2016, 10:30:24 AM »
I am no fan of kasich butThis idea that people who make a protest vote are senile or insane is ridiclous. There is nothing crazy about feeling that both candidates are not people you are comfortable pulling the lever for. I know someone who's whole life is invested in the conservative movement (not a politician a genuine academic and activist) and he has told me he will never vote for trump or Clinton they both going against everything he believes in and he cant support either. I am not sure if I would do the same but it's certainly something I can understand and respect

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: November 01, 2016, 10:31:33 AM »
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-odds-of-an-electoral-college-popular-vote-split-are-increasing/

Basically, Trump's chances of winning the election are even (10%) better than the polls are showing. #scary

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4894 on: November 01, 2016, 10:34:50 AM »
I am no fan of kasich butThis idea that people who make a protest vote are senile or insane is ridiclous. There is nothing crazy about feeling that both candidates are not people you are comfortable pulling the lever for. I know someone who's whole life is invested in the conservative movement (not a politician a genuine academic and activist) and he has told me he will never vote for trump or Clinton they both going against everything he believes in and he cant support either. I am not sure if I would do the same but it's certainly something I can understand and respect
I've spoken to several people like that locally.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: November 01, 2016, 10:35:11 AM »

You followed the conversation? Kasich is senile and crazy not because he made a protest vote but because his vote wasn't even a protest vote,

Next time my wife is taking to me and I'm not listening and she says, "ok so which one do you like?" I'm going to say, "waffles!" and she'll say, "We were discussing what color to paint the living room" and I'll say, "I know that! And waffles is my protest vote!"

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: November 01, 2016, 10:35:29 AM »
I don't mean because of bullying. I believe there are Bernie loyalists who will never admit that their voting for Clinton. And there are lifelong GOPers, who are afraid of Trump, who won't admit they're voting for Clinton, (I speak from experience  ;) , or maybe not, I won't know till I'm in the voting booth).
The bullying is a siman not a siba. I am not referring to their being afraid of getting beaten up but because they find it socially unacceptable to be voting for Trump. The loyalists of the primary loser you always have and is probably a wash.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: November 01, 2016, 10:37:24 AM »
The bullying is a siman not a siba. I am not referring to their being afraid of getting beaten up but because they find it socially unacceptable to be voting for Trump.
I understood that from your first comment.

The loyalists of the primary loser you always have and is probably a wash.

I disagree, Bernie was a movement, you don't usually have that in primaries. (And Obama and Trump who were also movements won the primaries)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4898 on: November 01, 2016, 10:37:30 AM »
You followed the conversation? Kasich is senile and crazy not because he made a protest vote but because his vote wasn't even a protest vote,

Next time my wife is taking to me and I'm not listening and she says, "ok so which one do you like?" I'm going to say, "waffles!" and she'll say, "We were discussing what color to paint the living room" and I'll say, "I know that! And waffles is my protest vote!"
Or he thinks McCain is a great American and didn't deserve Trump's ridiculous criticism of not being captured.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: November 01, 2016, 10:39:51 AM »
I understood that from your first comment.

I disagree, Bernie was a movement, you don't usually have that in primaries.
The Bernie movement people are crazy enough to actually not vote for her.